Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
fobk
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by fobk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:32 pm

ZeroGravitas wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm
fobk wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:15 am
Is there a way to extract from the .jba animation files?
The people at Jedipedia.net said they had managed to decipher it. I don't know if they posted the information anywhere.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/news/skeletal-animation
I saw that but I wasn't able to find any information on how they managed it, was hoping someone on here might know.

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

fobk wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:32 pm
ZeroGravitas wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm
The people at Jedipedia.net said they had managed to decipher it. I don't know if they posted the information anywhere.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/news/skeletal-animation
I saw that but I wasn't able to find any information on how they managed it, was hoping someone on here might know.
As far as I know, they didn't published their methods of deciphing the jba-animations. But on their tools (not public) it's possible to see the animations. Here are some of it: https://youtu.be/Kr49-CnTu0U

They used reverse engineering to find out, how it's written and then they programmed the player for it by himselfes.
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

fobk
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by fobk » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:58 am

RealymanLP wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm
fobk wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:32 pm
ZeroGravitas wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm
The people at Jedipedia.net said they had managed to decipher it. I don't know if they posted the information anywhere.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/news/skeletal-animation
I saw that but I wasn't able to find any information on how they managed it, was hoping someone on here might know.
As far as I know, they didn't published their methods of deciphing the jba-animations. But on their tools (not public) it's possible to see the animations. Here are some of it: https://youtu.be/Kr49-CnTu0U

They used reverse engineering to find out, how it's written and then they programmed the player for it by himselfes.
Shame there doesn't seem to be a public way to use the jba's. Thank you for the reply.

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Hashes and Filenames updated to Alderaan SH PTS 4: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Btw: If anyone interessts, which files are in the launcher, here is a german video by me.
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Hey SWTOR-Friends!

I made a newer version of the NodeViewer with lots of new gom type names for a better overview.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

ZeroGravitas
veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks!

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Hashes and Filenames updated to 6.1: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

-RealymanLP
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Hashes and Filenames updated to 6.1.1 PTS #4: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

-RealymanLP
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

ZeroGravitas
veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Nice! Thanks :]


A couple of questions for anybody who could answer them:

Years ago, at an old post in this very thread, SWTOR fan posted a link to the game's HLSL code for the rehueing shader. Although it's almost gibberish to me (not so much for it being programming code but for the myriad math operations being done on the data), it kinda gave me some ideas for imitating its behaviour in Blender. As I'd like to give other shaders (the head skin one, eyes, hair, etc.) a look, I was wondering if that kind of shader code resides somewhere in the game resources in a human readable format, or if one has to convert it to such and how.

Also, are any of the people involved in those old efforts to understand SWTOR's texture mapping system (SWTOR fan, swtor miner, etc.) reachable somehow? I still have this itch with the _h PaletteMap files and what their RGBA channels mean. For now I've settled on using their alphas as a greyscale version of the _d Diffuse maps, so I can colour them in Blender by multiplying the colours specified in the XML files by them, which seems to work fairly OK, but I'd still wish for a general, short explanation of what the R, G, and B ones are meant to be for.

ZeroGravitas
veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

I have a Nodeviewer question. Are the game items' common names (say, "R-55 Searing Disruptor") stored somewhere visible in the Nodeviewer's tree structure? I'm trying to learn how to find them and derive stuff like Model IDs and FQNs from that, so that I'm able to work that out in the absence of jedipedia.net's database.

(as I'm no programmer, I'm thinking of using the Nodeviewer app directly or Explorer's indexed searches through exported .csv files, kind of what I already do through the game's exported .xml to locate gear meshes and textures, or through those very .csv files to identify player character creator settings and the corresponding head and body's meshes and textures)

RealymanLP
advanced
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Contact:

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by RealymanLP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:52 pm

ZeroGravitas wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm
I have a Nodeviewer question. Are the game items' common names (say, "R-55 Searing Disruptor") stored somewhere visible in the Nodeviewer's tree structure? I'm trying to learn how to find them and derive stuff like Model IDs and FQNs from that, so that I'm able to work that out in the absence of jedipedia.net's database.

(as I'm no programmer, I'm thinking of using the Nodeviewer app directly or Explorer's indexed searches through exported .csv files, kind of what I already do through the game's exported .xml to locate gear meshes and textures, or through those very .csv files to identify player character creator settings and the corresponding head and body's meshes and textures)
Not directly. The GOM only have the ID of the texts and names. The names itself are saved in the swtor_en-us_global_1.tor. The item names with the ID are in /resources/en-us/str/itm.stb but in a not directly readable format.

That makes it not easy to find it out.
German SWTOR YouTuber
Discord: RealygirlLP#7726 SWTOR referral link

ZeroGravitas
veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm

I see. Thanks.

Scyrner
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:27 am

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Scyrner » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:30 am

Hello!

I have a question about datafiles and such with regards to Star Wars the Old Republic.

All y'all have super cool ideas for complex tools and such, but what I'm hoping to get is just the actual image that the game shows as the area map when you open your map. I'd want to be able to use a typical image viewer program so that I can just look at the map, without the FoW, without the icons or names or anything, literally just the blue map.....

Where should I start?

Thanks.

ZeroGravitas
veteran
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by ZeroGravitas » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm

From a full extraction of the game assets that I did through EasyMyp, I'm seeing all the blue maps stored as plain .dds image files at:

resources > world > areas > (a numeric ID) > (human-readable map name).dds

It seems that the game's .tor files where they are stored are those named "swtor_main_area_xxxx.tor", xxxx being the name of a locale (say, "tython", "open_worlds", etc.).

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to temporarily put all those .tor files in a subfolder and batch-extract them in one go instead of going through them one by one, unless you only care for a few specific ones :) .

Scyrner
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:27 am

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Scyrner » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 am

Okay cool, thank you very much!

Post Reply