Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
SquigglyV
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by SquigglyV » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 am

Oh yay i'm an idiot, EasyMYP was outdated. That version of it seems to be working fine, and I haven't had another error in Noesis yet. Thanks for the help again.

TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by TRDaz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm

SquigglyV wrote:
TRDaz wrote:I haven't seen any compiled npcs other than the main npcs from Knights of the Fallen Empire.
Including Lana, HK-55, and the other new companions? If so, do you know what archive they're in?
I believe all are in swtor_main_art_creature_a_1. HK-55 uses HK-51's mesh, but with a different texture. Lana, Arcann, Vaylin, Valkorion, Koth, Senya and new Satele are all in that and don't need to be compiled with player items.

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Well, I can't figure out garment hues, is it possible to modify the diffuse texture using the garment hue and palette mask files?
Last edited by Nengalore on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi,

Do you know why I have an error ( unable to convert undefined to type: float ) when I load the model of a spaceship with the plugin SWTOR.ms on 3DS Max? I have no this error with a character but only with a vehicle or a static object.

Thanks in advance

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:08 am

swtor2316 wrote:Hi,

Do you know why I have an error ( unable to convert undefined to type: float ) when I load the model of a spaceship with the plugin SWTOR.ms on 3DS Max? I have no this error with a character but only with a vehicle or a static object.

Thanks in advance
What version of 3ds Max are you using?
If it's a static object, you can load it into Noesis, and export it to a different format, then load that into Max.

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Nengalore wrote:
swtor2316 wrote:Hi,

Do you know why I have an error ( unable to convert undefined to type: float ) when I load the model of a spaceship with the plugin SWTOR.ms on 3DS Max? I have no this error with a character but only with a vehicle or a static object.

Thanks in advance
What version of 3ds Max are you using?
If it's a static object, you can load it into Noesis, and export it to a different format, then load that into Max.
Thanks for your answer. I use 3DS Max 9.

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm

swtor2316 wrote:I use 3DS Max 9.
As far as I know, the script only works for Max 2009-2011.
Then again, I haven't tried the script with any vehicles.

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Nengalore wrote:
swtor2316 wrote:I use 3DS Max 9.
As far as I know, the script only works for Max 2009-2011.
Then again, I haven't tried the script with any vehicles.
Okay thus that should work on my version but it does not work for vehicles. Would you have a link to download Noesis ?

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:14 pm

swtor2316 wrote:Would you have a link to download Noesis?
Download Noesis here
And the SWTOR plugin for Noesis here

For the plugin:
After installing Noesis, extract the files to your Noesis plugin folder, (in my case, C:\Program Files (x86)\NoEsiS 3d models tool\plugins\python).
Then run Noesis and find your SWTOR files, you can preview and export them.

Hope this helps. :)

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Nengalore wrote:
swtor2316 wrote:Would you have a link to download Noesis?
Download Noesis here
And the SWTOR plugin for Noesis here

For the plugin:
After installing Noesis, extract the files to your Noesis plugin folder, (in my case, C:\Program Files (x86)\NoEsiS 3d models tool\plugins\python).
Then run Noesis and find your SWTOR files, you can preview and export them.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks so much !
It is a reliable program ?

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:17 pm

swtor2316 wrote:It is a reliable program ?
Yes, the only problem is that the models from Noesis are at a different scale than the ones that are imported into Max.

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Nengalore wrote:
swtor2316 wrote:It is a reliable program ?
Yes, the only problem is that the models from Noesis are at a different scale than the ones that are imported into Max.
I tested this software, it is practical but many elements are not exported. I have the model but not the textures... There is a tutoriel to use well this software?

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:16 pm

swtor2316 wrote:I tested this software, it is practical but many elements are not exported. I have the model but not the textures... There is a tutorial to use well this software?
The textures will not be exported in 3DS Max, either, you have to find them yourself in the texture folders.

swtor2316
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by swtor2316 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Nengalore wrote:
swtor2316 wrote:I tested this software, it is practical but many elements are not exported. I have the model but not the textures... There is a tutorial to use well this software?
The textures will not be exported in 3DS Max, either, you have to find them yourself in the texture folders.
Ah okay, thanks for this information. And animations, can they be exported ?

Nengalore
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by Nengalore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:42 pm

swtor2316 wrote:And animations, can they be exported ?
The .jba animation files currently cannot be used, as far as I know, there is no way to use the animations, sorry.

Post Reply