READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Duke Nukem Forever .dat

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
michalss

Re: Duke Nukem Forever .dat

Post by michalss » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm

hello is there any chance to help me repack texts please ? It should not be hard i guess :)

Example:

Code: Select all

http://loadfiles.in/qahiv2k7xvtg/XBOX_Coalesced_int.bin
Thank you
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Apparently the full game (PC) texture file structure is different.

There is no MegaPackage.dat file. Instead there are 41 seperate .dat files in the compiled textures directory.

Noesis 3.3 is looking for MegaPackage.dat and wont open/accept any of them instead. MegaPackage.dat must be limited to the demo. :(

EDIT:

I just went ahead and extracted TextureDirectory.dat. I'll figure out what goes where...

MrDeviance
ultra-n00b

Post by MrDeviance » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 am

SLIFallen wrote:Apparently the full game (PC) texture file structure is different.

There is no MegaPackage.dat file. Instead there are 41 seperate .dat files in the compiled textures directory.

Noesis 3.3 is looking for MegaPackage.dat and wont open/accept any of them instead. MegaPackage.dat must be limited to the demo. :(

EDIT:

I just went ahead and extracted TextureDirectory.dat. I'll figure out what goes where...
The full game also has the MegaPackage.dat what are you talking about?
Go look for it, it's in the exact same folder it was in the demo.
Steam\steamapps\common\duke nukem forever\System is the location where you can find the MegaPackage.dat in the full game just like in the demo.

SLIFallen
advanced

Post by SLIFallen » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 am

MrDeviance wrote:
SLIFallen wrote:Apparently the full game (PC) texture file structure is different.

EDIT:

The full game also has the MegaPackage.dat what are you talking about?
Go look for it, it's in the exact same folder it was in the demo.
Steam\steamapps\common\duke nukem forever\System is the location where you can find the MegaPackage.dat in the full game just like in the demo.
Ok, but only partially my screwup. Thought texture stuff was in the texture folder bit I *DID* do a full file search (and the drive is indexed no less) and windoze did not find it either. Oh well. Thank you.