ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
LordMustang
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by LordMustang » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 pm

TSelman61X wrote:
LordMustang wrote:I'm trying to get some building models from AC:U, but whenever I click on a mesh it just crashes.
Unfortunately this is a very common problem. I have the same problem with me. Unfortunately, I don't think it's a cure. We're just unlucky.
The only way you can see this way is by exporting models.
That's a shame, because I don't think Unity updated in any way. If it worked before it means that an update to Archive Next could have broken it.

Graesholt
beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Graesholt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Graesholt wrote: [...]
How do I export Hair Meshes?
They don’t seem to display anything in the program, and exported .OBJs do not seem to display anything either…?
[...]
Quoting myself to apologise for asking a question I had not properly researched if an answer existed for.
I understand now how to export the .ARX files of the hair meshes, and open these in 3ds max.
However, how I get usefull geometry (akin to what we see here, or on the picture postet by RunaWhite on page 18) out of these files still illudes me.
If anyone is able to help me out, I would be very grateful.

Also, still looking through the files again and again for that one damn Cutlass model .
Please see my previous post for more information, and reply if you have any idea where to find it...

Thanks guys (:

RunaWhite
veteran
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by RunaWhite » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Graesholt wrote:
Graesholt wrote: [...]
How do I export Hair Meshes?
They don’t seem to display anything in the program, and exported .OBJs do not seem to display anything either…?
[...]
Quoting myself to apologise for asking a question I had not properly researched if an answer existed for.
I understand now how to export the .ARX files of the hair meshes, and open these in 3ds max.
However, how I get usefull geometry (akin to what we see here, or on the picture postet by RunaWhite on page 18) out of these files still illudes me.
If anyone is able to help me out, I would be very grateful.

Also, still looking through the files again and again for that one damn Cutlass model .
Please see my previous post for more information, and reply if you have any idea where to find it...

Thanks guys (:
I extruded those outlines in Blender, entering Edit Mode with all vertices selected, pressed E and resized a bit to add some volume, then switched back to Object Mode. I did that process with every hair mesh extracted from the files (Lod0,1,2).

I also had to duplicate parts (at least for Arno and Elise from Unity) because that way the hair appeared way too empty and not even close to the original one. I had to do the same with Syndicate even if the meshes are better sorted there.
Last edited by RunaWhite on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graesholt
beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Graesholt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:34 pm

RunaWhite wrote:
Graesholt wrote:
Graesholt wrote: [...]
How do I export Hair Meshes?
They don’t seem to display anything in the program, and exported .OBJs do not seem to display anything either…?
[...]
Quoting myself to apologise for asking a question I had not properly researched if an answer existed for.
I understand now how to export the .ARX files of the hair meshes, and open these in 3ds max.
However, how I get usefull geometry (akin to what we see here, or on the picture postet by RunaWhite on page 18) out of these files still illudes me.
If anyone is able to help me out, I would be very grateful.

Also, still looking through the files again and again for that one damn Cutlass model .
Please see my previous post for more information, and reply if you have any idea where to find it...

Thanks guys (:
I extruded those outlines in Blender, entering Edit Mode with all vertices selected, pressed E and resized a bit to add some volume, then switched back to Objec Mode. I did that process with every hair mesh extracted from the files (Lod0,1,2).

I also had to duplicate parts (at least for Arno and Elise from Unity) because that way the hair appeared way too empty and not even close to the original one. I had to do the same with Syndicate even if the meshes are better sorted there.
Didn't expect a reply from RunaWhite himself, but thank you very much for taking the time (:
I'll see what I can get to work, seeing as I have mostly bad experiences with blender ;P

User avatar
Larxian
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Larxian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 am

Hello, are older version of "ForgeX" still available to download somewhere? I read that it apparently had support for Shaun White Skateboarding, and that's the game files i'm interested in, while ARchive_neXt doesn't support this game. I tried reading the files anyway with another game profile, Prince of persia 2008 is the one that allows me to see the most of the folders tree, but I can't read or preview any textures / models.

Thank you!

RunaWhite
veteran
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by RunaWhite » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Larxian wrote:Hello, are older version of "ForgeX" still available to download somewhere? I read that it apparently had support for Shaun White Skateboarding, and that's the game files i'm interested in, while ARchive_neXt doesn't support this game. I tried reading the files anyway with another game profile, Prince of persia 2008 is the one that allows me to see the most of the folders tree, but I can't read or preview any textures / models.

Thank you!
Weird, usually the new versions should carry over the previous support. I wonder if it actually worked before?

I'm afraid the older versions of the program have all been replaced by the new update each time.

User avatar
Larxian
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Larxian » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 pm

RunaWhite wrote: Weird, usually the new versions should carry over the previous support. I wonder if it actually worked before?

I'm afraid the older versions of the program have all been replaced by the new update each time.
This is the post that mentionned support for Shaun White Skateboarding:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6617&p=70532&hilit ... OaY#p70532

I also actually talked to someone from the "The Brotherhood of the Realm" page on facebook, who told me that the support was drop because the author didn't own shaun white and couldn't test it anymore apparently. The older version from what I've been told aren't available anymore and never got support past windows XP.
I wonder if it just wouldn't work at all on W10 or if it could kinda work, would still be curious to try it if anyone still have this older version.

User avatar
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by TSelman61X » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Larxian wrote:... are older version of "ForgeX" still available to download somewhere? ...
ForgeX.exe 08-Jan-2014 00:49 1.6M http://www.tbotr.net/Downloads/ForgeX.exe
ForgeXBeta.exe 08-Jan-2014 00:49 390K http://www.tbotr.net/Downloads/ForgeXBeta.exe

I wrote the date of publication. I don't know what their version is. What he's looking for may not be

User avatar
Larxian
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Larxian » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:45 pm

TSelman61X wrote:
Larxian wrote:... are older version of "ForgeX" still available to download somewhere? ...
ForgeX.exe 08-Jan-2014 00:49 1.6M http://www.tbotr.net/Downloads/ForgeX.exe
ForgeXBeta.exe 08-Jan-2014 00:49 390K http://www.tbotr.net/Downloads/ForgeXBeta.exe

I wrote the date of publication. I don't know what their version is. What he's looking for may not be
Thank you!
However it does seem like it doesn't work properly indeed, at least on Windows 10. I get a "Microsoft.NET Framework" warning when I open it, I can still open it but there aren't any menus or options visible.
Image

zerozone
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:17 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by zerozone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:08 am

Hello guys!!!

Anyone have any idea on how to convert the AC Origins textures?
I already have them unpacked, but I'm not able to read or convert the files, I know some people manage to do it already but no idea how :?

Thank you guys!!!!

User avatar
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by TSelman61X » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:13 am

Larxian wrote:... I get a "Microsoft.NET Framework" warning when I open it, I can still open it but there aren't any menus or options visible...
There is a problem with the registry. So the program registry is unreachable. If the program is run as an administrator, the problem does not occur.
But unfortunately there is still nothing. :-( The interface is still empty. ( Maybe we know how to operate it. It's ridiculous :-) )

Maybe you can try changing the compatibility mode. I tried it but I can't say it was hardly effective. Still same.

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1240
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2387 times
Been thanked: 717 times

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Acewell » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:10 am

zerozone wrote:Anyone have any idea on how to convert the AC Origins textures?
create a new thread in "Graphic file formats" section and upload some samples. :D

tala
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by tala » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi all, is this app still working? Because everytime i try to view a mesh i'm getting 'Error Viewing Mesh' error. I got directx runtime and 4.5 NET Framework installed. I know i can still export the meshes but it doesn't help. I need to see what i'm exporting. Any help with that?
Thanks

ChenA
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by ChenA » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:23 pm

@MichaelDarkAngel Could you please share the Ghost Recon Wildlands file format?Thanks.

Innuendo
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Innuendo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:05 pm

I was wondering if there was a build for this that can decompile Rainbow Six Siege 1.0 files

Post Reply