READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Graesholt
beginner

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Graesholt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm

TSelman61X wrote:
Graesholt wrote:I finally got this to work and was so stoked until...

Is it accurate to say that we still don't have access to the weapon meshes of Assassin's Creed Unity?

If no, can someone point me in the right direction?
I feel like I have looked in the entire directory twice at this point.
Are the things you're looking for, silanes and swords? So you're asking where they are. :-?
I think there are many people who know where they are. I mean, I don't know if you still know where they are.

Tissues and Mesh'er are located in different locations. Of course you can find these in different locations.
The textures are in the DataPC.forge file.
Meshs are in DataPC_patch_01.forge > Game_Bootstrap_Settings.
The reason I asked the way I did was that while I could not myself find any weapon meshes in the files accessible with the archive, neither could I find documentation of people finding the weapons. On the contrary, I found a lot of people saying that they were having trouble locating these specific meshes, as well as people who could export characters and other gear, but not weapons, which let me to draw the conclution that the weapon meshes were somehow inaccessible.

I don't know what a 'silane' (I googled and got nothing).

You are correct that the files still illude me, and therefore I thank you for the suggesions as to where they can be found.
I cannot wait to look in these directories as soon as I am off work.

If I still find nothing, I will return.
Thank you.

Kamehudamuda
ultra-n00b

Post by Kamehudamuda » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm

yes i know first post and request... :')

But im having the same problem many people here described with viewing and exporting meshes.
As far as i can see no one has found a solution for this yet or it hasnt be posted. If there is it obviously would be super cool if that gets posted here : D

If there isnt i would be super duper thankfull :keke: if someone could export Elises Head Mesh for me. If i understand correctly its in DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge > Elise_Head > Mesh

TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:20 am

Well, I guess that's it. Probably the last for me.
ARchive_neXt no longer works in my PC. I'm getting this error when starting the program. I don't understand why.
Anyway.
Although MDA has left this project, I owe him a lot. Thank you very much MDA. I'm sure he doesn't even have writings here anymore.
It doesn't matter anymore.

Cheers

Nova Prima
ultra-n00b

Post by Nova Prima » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:24 am

I have no experience doing this sort of thing, but I'm trying to extract textures from the Ezio Collection on PS4. I have the forge files and can open them, but I can't seem to find textures, only diffuse/specular/normal maps. Or maybe I have found them, but they don't show anything in the ARchive_neXt window and can only be extracted as raw data, but the files it creates are only 80 bytes.

Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:47 am

Kamehudamuda wrote:yes i know first post and request... :')

But im having the same problem many people here described with viewing and exporting meshes.
As far as i can see no one has found a solution for this yet or it hasnt be posted. If there is it obviously would be super cool if that gets posted here : D

If there isnt i would be super duper thankfull :keke: if someone could export Elises Head Mesh for me. If i understand correctly its in DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge > Elise_Head > Mesh
I can see if this is one of the meshes I am for arbitrary reasons able to extract when I get home.
Do you want textures on this head?
If I extract it without textures (which is by far easiest for me) you should be made aware that the UV maps are going to be jacked up. However if you simply want the geometry...
If you do want it textured, I'm going to require you to list the location of these (unless they are right there with the model, which is sometimes the case, but I have no way of knowing untill I have the program in front of me).

I'll take a look later, but word if you want textures or not would be appreciated.
TSelman61X wrote:Well, I guess that's it. Probably the last for me.
ARchive_neXt no longer works in my PC. I'm getting this error when starting the program. I don't understand why.
Anyway.
Although MDA has left this project, I owe him a lot. Thank you very much MDA. I'm sure he doesn't even have writings here anymore.
It doesn't matter anymore.

Cheers
That sucks, dude.

I was just about to ask you if the program ran without complications for you, or if it still crashed on certain models?
I found the weapons where you indicated they would be, and was able to extract most of what I wanted. However, some models crashes my program every time I try to interact with them in any way, specifically/strangely only the models that include '1handed' or '2handed' in the name (that is the only pattern I have been able to discover anyway).
Does this behaviour sound familiar to you?

TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

Nova Prima wrote:I have no experience doing this sort of thing, but I'm trying to extract textures from the Ezio Collection on PS4. I have the forge files and can open them, but I can't seem to find textures, only diffuse/specular/normal maps. Or maybe I have found them, but they don't show anything in the ARchive_neXt window and can only be extracted as raw data, but the files it creates are only 80 bytes.
I didn't check the meshes. I'm already having some problems these days. :-)
I did a little test on CU_Ezio_Clothes_DiffuseMap.(From Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection) Some files are hierarchical location different. Or it's been a long time, I may remember it wrong.

I think it should be in the data.forge file. Already a pattern texture from AC 2.

The file is of the Jpg type.So I've compressed it to upload the file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:51 am

Alright, Update:
It appears that I am able to extract every model that does not start with a number, but any model that starts with a number will crash my program. What's up with that?

Anyway, I have been able to extract everything I want by setting up a virtual machine running windows 7, installing the requirements (DirectX and .Net Framework), moving over the gamefiles I want to look inside, and then running ARchive_NeXt on there. I can't preview the models on there, mind you, but boy can I export them. Don't know if I'm the first on to do this, but I suggest anyone having trouble give this a shot.

I am having a spot of trouble locating something else now;
I have been able to locate the meshes of AC:Unity player gear in DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge (The entries for any specific piece of gear start with CN_P_FR_), and the textures for most of this in DataPC_SharedGroup_00.forge (Again, the entries for any specific piece of gear start with CN_P_FR_).
Most gear exports nice with textures and everything, however, the Hidden Blades (or ThrowBlade) as they are called in the gamefiles, do not get their textures applied in the program, and do not export with their textures (which would not be the biggest of deals, if that did not mean that their UV maps get screwed up).
I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that this is most likely due to them all sharing some texture between them, possibly for the contraption and blade, which is the same on them all, but I cannot for the life of me locate this last texture I'm missing.
It's looks like people around the internet have been able to pull the blades out fine, so I might be missing something obvious, but if anyone knows anything about getting the hidden blades out correctly, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Kamehudamuda
ultra-n00b

Post by Kamehudamuda » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Graesholt wrote: I can see if this is one of the meshes I am for arbitrary reasons able to extract when I get home.
Do you want textures on this head?
If I extract it without textures (which is by far easiest for me) you should be made aware that the UV maps are going to be jacked up. However if you simply want the geometry...
If you do want it textured, I'm going to require you to list the location of these (unless they are right there with the model, which is sometimes the case, but I have no way of knowing untill I have the program in front of me).

I'll take a look later, but word if you want textures or not would be appreciated.
Thanks for the offer! TSelman61X already was so kind and sent me the elise model.
As for textures yeah i'll need them too. Conveniently they are not in the same location (only the ones from when she's dead). I'll have to go looking for them. I can export textures tho anyway, so when i find them i able to get them myself.

Edit: Found them too. Nothing shall stand in my way now :D

HamMerRon
n00b

Post by HamMerRon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi, how can I get files with the coordinates of objects ?

Nova Prima
ultra-n00b

Post by Nova Prima » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:00 am

TSelman61X wrote: I did a little test on CU_Ezio_Clothes_DiffuseMap.(From Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection) Some files are hierarchical location different. Or it's been a long time, I may remember it wrong.

I think it should be in the data.forge file. Already a pattern texture from AC 2.
Thanks, I located that one in the forge file but when I view or export it, the result is just corruption/garbage. Any idea why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Nova Prima wrote:Thanks, I located that one in the forge file but when I view or export it, the result is just corruption/garbage. Any idea why?
Actually it works better than I thought. But the problem is that this PS4 version.
I'm exporting textures to different methods. I'm converting the raw files into DDS myself.

Have you tried ARchive_neXt on PS3 or PS4 for previous games? So I mean, was it working when you tested for AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations?

I can export for you if you have a group of tissue you want.
Just tell me your location. maybe I can export in an empty time.

Nova Prima
ultra-n00b

Post by Nova Prima » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:10 am

TSelman61X wrote:Actually it works better than I thought. But the problem is that this PS4 version.
I'm exporting textures to different methods. I'm converting the raw files into DDS myself.

Have you tried ARchive_neXt on PS3 or PS4 for previous games? So I mean, was it working when you tested for AC1, AC2, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations?

I can export for you if you have a group of tissue you want.
Just tell me your location. maybe I can export in an empty time.
No, I haven't tried any other PS3 or PS4 versions. I just wanted to extract the upgraded textures from the Ezio Collection for use with the PC version. Can you teach me your methods?

TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Nova Prima wrote:No, I haven't tried any other PS3 or PS4 versions. I just wanted to extract the upgraded textures from the Ezio Collection for use with the PC version. Can you teach me your methods?
I am exporting with a different Tools. But I'm already converting raw files like ARchive_neXt. But I'm converting Raw Texture maps myself. I'm examining them one by one, then it takes some time to export.
You can examine raw files with any Hex program. then you should read the possible dimensions of the file. In fact it is usually easy to convert the textures of the Anvil engine.

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 pm

I tried to download the program but it is not clear how it works. I would like to recover models from assassin's creed revelations how does it work? then if I take models of pèersonaggi as for example ezio there is the original skeleton? Is it possible to recover the maps?

wushuwarrior
ultra-n00b

Post by wushuwarrior » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:27 am

Probably programm doesn't work with net framework higher than 4.5. I have a 4.7. Try to downgrade. Hmm... Now work fine but didn't show models.
Any chance to make mod to replace captain aquila outfit with naval outfit? Want to replay game but with new cloth.