Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Paliha
beginner

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by Paliha » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:40 pm

namespace Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D..............

............public unsafe static Mesh FromFile(string filename, MeshFlags options, Device device, out GraphicsStream adjacency, out ExtendedMaterial[] materials, out EffectInstance[] effects)
//Variable num2==null
............int num2 = <Module>.D3DXLoadMeshFromXA((sbyte*)ptr8, options, unmanagedDevice, ptr4, ptr5, ptr7, (uint*)(&num), &ptr);
//Variable num2==80004005
if (num2 < 0)
{ if (!DirectXException.IsExceptionIgnored)
{ Exception exceptionFromResultInternal = Direct3DXException.GetExceptionFromResultInternal(num2);
DirectXException ex = exceptionFromResultInternal as DirectXException;
if (ex != null) { ex.ErrorCode = num2;
throw ex; }

Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:46 pm

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
@Greenplumbbob

The CN_U_Elise_Party_Body_LOD0 mesh is an oddball. It is extremely small, so small that most 3D programs may interpret all the verts being in the same place. I can make an adjustment for that particular model type.

What model(s) are causing the other error you are receiving? That's usually caused by missing textures, but I need to know why it considers it to be a missing texture and aborts as opposed to showing you a model with no textures.

--MDA
Never heard of that, but I'm glad to know it is some different kind of mesh than the rest. i'll go with the LOD1 then and tweak it a bit.
It's basically every mesh. I haven't came across any meshes that showed up at all without the error. I've been searching for LOD meshes for characters, Unity and Syndicate both. I haven't really looked for any 'scene' objects, but the ones I came across had the same error too. Right now I can only view Textures because of this issue in the '3d view'
I also need to go to a different 'forge' to get access to the textures. So say this one mesh is in: DataPC_ACVI_Prologue_1_BowRailWay_assets.forge I need to go to a whole different forge. to get the textures. Maybe that's causing the problem?

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Version 3.01.16.0 Now Available! (Link is in my sig)

Adjustments to both the ARX and OBJ model exports for certain models that would otherwise be extremely small once imported into a 3D modeling program.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:45 pm

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
@zaramot

Where exactly is that normal map? I would like to compare how it looks with what I'm using.

--MDA
It's from Syndicate, one of Evie's outfits (bottom of it), though I tried Unity too - NM looks fine after export too. Normal map was from DataPC_ACVI_London.forge - name ACVI_CHR_P_Evie_Outfit_03_Dress_NormalMap
Making model-import scripts, PM

pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:08 pm

zaramot wrote:What tool you used to open NM textures? For me everything is fine, I suggest you to use Noesis (update it to latest version) and NM will be fine

I was using Photoshop C6. I downloaded Noesis and it works perfectly. Thanks!

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:12 pm

This is how Photoshop CS2 with the Intel DDS plugin displays that normal map for me.

Clearly Noesis does a better job.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Noesis seems to be the best exporter, especially when you would export it in Noesis self and open it up in Photoshop. Weird thing is, is that when I open it up in Noesis, the background is all greyish and when I export it and import it into Photoshop it shows up like it should be.

Maybe the reason for the Normal maps showing up like that (In aRchive_neXt) is because (from experience) most programs doesn't like greenish normal maps, but blue ones? Maybe that's why ARchive neXt was showing them all 'pixelated'?

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Greenplumbbob wrote:Maybe the reason for the Normal maps showing up like that (In aRchive_neXt) is because (from experience) most programs doesn't like greenish normal maps, but blue ones? Maybe that's why ARchive neXt was showing them all 'pixelated'?
Nope, the pixelated version in ARchive_neXt was due to me assuming it was DXT5 compression when in fact it is BC7 compression as Simguy pointed out. And the reason we can't see anything now in ARchive_neXt is due to the image library I use (Freeimage) for viewing DDS images doesn't handle the newer DX10 compression formats.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Simguy
beginner

Post by Simguy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Greenplumbbob wrote:Noesis seems to be the best exporter, especially when you would export it in Noesis self and open it up in Photoshop. Weird thing is, is that when I open it up in Noesis, the background is all greyish and when I export it and import it into Photoshop it shows up like it should be.

Maybe the reason for the Normal maps showing up like that (In aRchive_neXt) is because (from experience) most programs doesn't like greenish normal maps, but blue ones? Maybe that's why ARchive neXt was showing them all 'pixelated'?
The normal texture is actually green-ish. The textures blue channel is used for shader stuff, not for normal map stuff. The game generates the proper blue channel in shader code. Something like:

Code: Select all

blue_channel = sqrt(1.0 - (red_channel*red_channel - green_channel*green_channel))

WeylandYutani
ultra-n00b

Post by WeylandYutani » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 am

I have Issues importing the arx Files into 3DS Max, Max loads but freezes, i use 2015 so is there anything i miss to do ? Btw many of the Normals are bad Image and some are really important same as some shared diffuses are screwed.

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:40 pm

WeylandYutani wrote:I have Issues importing the arx Files into 3DS Max, Max loads but freezes, i use 2015 so is there anything i miss to do ?
Are you getting any error messages?
WeylandYutani wrote:Btw many of the Normals are bad Image and some are really important same as some shared diffuses are screwed.
Read this post
Also from this post:
MichaelDarkAngel wrote:This also includes the DX10 texture fix. If you are viewing a texture (mainly Normal Maps) and receive the "Bad Image" image, using "Export" will give you the proper image, "Export As" will result in the "Bad Image" image exported in the format you choose.
--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:24 pm

After a little testing/research, I think I found out the reason why Noesis has a much better looking normal map.

This is the Evie dress normal map converted to DXT5 using Microsoft's texconv tool:

So, if I can make texconv work with ARchive_neXt we should be able to view those pesky DX10 BC7 normal maps by converting them to DXT5.
WeylandYutani wrote:I have Issues importing the arx Files into 3DS Max, Max loads but freezes, i use 2015 so is there anything i miss to do ?
I've come to the conclusion the issue you are having is also due to those pesky DX10 BC7 normal maps. I use 3DSMax9, but it also crashes when attempting to import a model with one of those normal maps. At least 3DSMax9 gives me an error message telling me it can't load the normal map. Once I converted the normal map to DXT5 it loaded fine.

Progress? Maybe.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Next update we will be able to view all normal maps (along with any other image that is DX10 BC7)

"Export" will still export the proper DX10 BC7 format, I will be adding an "Export As" option to allow these images to be exported as DXT5 format.

Before I release another update, I need to make this work with model exporting.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Version 3.01.19.0 Now Available! (Link is in my sig)

DX10 Texture Maps are now viewable using texconv (included) to convert them to the DXT5 format.
ARX and OBJ model exports will now export the DXT5 format of any DX10 texture maps.
Fixed an issue where some OBJ material files were not writing the texture maps properly.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:38 am

Paliha wrote:For example:
1KMA_UI_AttackCrowdDisperion > Material > Unnamed_0000
File ID:
Resource Type:
Material Template Reference: - Not Found
Texture Set Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Reference: - Not Found
Material Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Count: 0
Maybe that's the problem ?
It took me a while to figure out what you were referencing with this post. But I have. I had not created the view material method for all games. The games that currently works for are AC1, AC2, AC:Brotherhood, AC:Revelations, AC3, and AC3:Liberation. But don't worry, the program does use the material files and it pulls the necessary information from them when it can find it. The view material method is separate from the view model method and is not used by the view model method.

However, to keep things consistent, with the next update view material will work with all games.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience