Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
RunaWhite
veteran

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by RunaWhite » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 am

I had the same issue, but tried Unity's texture and it works :) you may need to adjust it a little bit, but there are other maps like the lashes and inner mouth that seem to perfectly match Syndicate UVs.

Great job on the hair btw!!! I think you could add a subdivision surface (not sure what you used to render her though) to smooth everything and it will be perfect :up:

Simguy
beginner

Post by Simguy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 am

This might just be redundant info (Since its a little hard to keep up with everything in here) but, we know the ACS's normal maps are "BC7_TYPELESS" and not "DXT5" right?

Code: Select all

444453207C0000000600000000080000000800000020000000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000200000000400000044583130000000000000000000000000000000000000000000100000000000000000000000000000000000006200000003000000000000000100000000000000
Exporting the Normal texture as raw data and replacing the first 126 bytes with those bytes will make it work in programs that support the DX10 DDS header. If the texture you want isn't 2048x2048 this header won't work, obviously.

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 am

Simguy wrote:This might just be redundant info (Since its a little hard to keep up with everything in here) but, we know the ACS's normal maps are "BC7_TYPELESS" and not "DXT5" right? Exporting the Normal texture as raw data and replacing the first 126 bytes with those bytes will make it work in programs that support the DX10 DDS header. If the texture you want isn't 2048x2048 this header won't work, obviously.
Any chance you would like to share which normal map you got the above header to work with? I've tried a few that are 2048 x 2048 and could not make it work. I even tried one that was 512 x 512, changing the height and width in the header and wasn't able to make that work either.

On another note, if it is in fact BC7_TYPELESS then the dxgiFormat in you header is incorrect. BC7_TYPELESS = 97 0x61, BC7_UNORM = 98 0x62

I was really hoping this would work. I have tried numerous DX10 formats since the days of the pink tinted textures with no luck yet.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Simguy
beginner

Post by Simguy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:07 am

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Simguy wrote:This might just be redundant info (Since its a little hard to keep up with everything in here) but, we know the ACS's normal maps are "BC7_TYPELESS" and not "DXT5" right? Exporting the Normal texture as raw data and replacing the first 126 bytes with those bytes will make it work in programs that support the DX10 DDS header. If the texture you want isn't 2048x2048 this header won't work, obviously.
Any chance you would like to share which normal map you got the above header to work with? I've tried a few that are 2048 x 2048 and could not make it work. I even tried one that was 512 x 512, changing the height and width in the header and wasn't able to make that work either.

On another note, if it is in fact BC7_TYPELESS then the dxgiFormat in you header is incorrect. BC7_TYPELESS = 97 0x61, BC7_UNORM = 98 0x62

I was really hoping this would work. I have tried numerous DX10 formats since the days of the pink tinted textures with no luck yet.

--MDA
You're right, thats my bad. Its BC7_UNORM.
I used that header on "ACVI_CHR_P_Evie_Dracula_Body_NormalMap" in dlc_14 and "ACVI_CHR_P_EvieOutfit_01_Body_NormalMap" in DataPC_SharedGroup_00, not sure why its not working for you. I opened them in Photoshop using Intel's DDS Plugin if that helps. I'll pm you the DDS's.

Haytham
n00b

Post by Haytham » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:59 pm

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:

--MDA
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Evie The Aegis Update
by elonir: http://elonir.deviantart.com/art/Assass ... -582115463

Evie from Assassin's Creed: Syndicate wearing "The Aegis" outfit, model with in-game/original rig. Don't have eyes/hair mesh and texture for them, lashes and hand (was lazy to find them xD)
Link https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgyi05

Update: Here's model with skeleton hierarchy for most bones, it will be easier to work with model. No need to attach bones to each other.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ulgwp

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Simguy wrote:You're right, thats my bad. Its BC7_UNORM.
I used that header on "ACVI_CHR_P_Evie_Dracula_Body_NormalMap" in dlc_14 and "ACVI_CHR_P_EvieOutfit_01_Body_NormalMap" in DataPC_SharedGroup_00, not sure why its not working for you. I opened them in Photoshop using Intel's DDS Plugin if that helps. I'll pm you the DDS's.
Okay, so here's my issues. Irfanview does not handle DX10, throws a decode error upon loading. Xnview converts DX10 to DXT5 upon loading. Nvidia's DDS tools were not working either, any DX10 I would load into Photoshop would be solid black. Swapped out Nvidia's Tools for Intel's Tools and now I can see.

Not sure how this is going to work for ARchive_neXt as I haven't put the code to test yet. The version of the FreeImage dll is old and may not be able to handle DX10. Maybe I'll get that finished before the end of the weekend.

--MDA

P.S. Thanks again Simguy
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 am

A little update. As I thought, FreeImage can't handle DX10. That means you will not be able to view the DX10 normal maps instead you'll see my generic "Bad Image" image.

You will be able to "Export" the proper DDS file from the right-click menu, and the proper DDS file will be exported when you export a model.

I haven't been able to find a new image library that is able to handle DX10 DDS images.

So not good news, but not totally bad news either.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi!

I've been successfully been able to export whatever mesh I want to be exported and whatever mesh, but for some reason when I export the "CN_U_Elise_Party_Body_LOD0" as a .obj (because else I can't export it into Blender), it gives me an error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ARchive_neXt.arxForm.arxExportOBJ(TreeNode treeNode, String savePath)
at ARchive_neXt.arxForm.arxExportModels(String fileExt)
at ARchive_neXt.arxForm.tsmiExportModels_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It does make a .obj file of it, but when I import it into Blender, no mesh will appear.
The path to it is: DataPC_ACU_Versailles.forge > CN_U_FR_Elise_Party_Visuals > Mesh
I'm using the latest version of the program, I have no idea if older versions (that are compatible with Unity of course) might fix the problem.

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:55 am

Version 3.01.15.0 Now Available! (Link is in my sig)

This is just a quick update to fix the AC:Unity OBJ export error as reported by Greenplumpbob.

This also includes the DX10 texture fix. If you are viewing a texture (mainly Normal Maps) and receive the "Bad Image" image, using "Export" will give you the proper image, "Export As" will result in the "Bad Image" image exported in the format you choose.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience

pewposterous
advanced

Post by pewposterous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Awesome. Thanks once again Mda!

Edit: Hmm this is what i get when i "Export" a normal map

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:05 pm

What tool you used to open NM textures? For me everything is fine, I suggest you to use Noesis (update it to latest version) and NM will be fine

Making model-import scripts, PM

Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Awesome! The error got fixed, but for some reason the LOD0 version of the CN_U_Elise_Party_Body does only import one 'dot' and that's all. And when I export the LOD1 you can clearly see it is a lower detailed version of LOD0. So for some weird reason it had only one vertex (the LOD0). The rest is working clearly for me! Can't wait to use this program on Syndicate!

Edit: I also encounter this problem with Meshes not be able to load in the preview 3D view. It might be an DirectX, but the version that was needed and I found on this thread didn't fix it. Image

Paliha
beginner

Post by Paliha » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Greenplumbbob wrote:Awesome! The error got fixed, but for some reason the LOD0 version of the CN_U_Elise_Party_Body does only import one 'dot' and that's all. And when I export the LOD1 you can clearly see it is a lower detailed version of LOD0. So for some weird reason it had only one vertex (the LOD0). The rest is working clearly for me! Can't wait to use this program on Syndicate!

Edit: I also encounter this problem with Meshes not be able to load in the preview 3D view. It might be an DirectX, but the version that was needed and I found on this thread didn't fix it. Image
A similar situation, and what the problem is incompatibility Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll not known
For example:
1KMA_UI_AttackCrowdDisperion >
Material>
Unnamed_0000
File ID:
Resource Type:
Material Template Reference: - Not Found
Texture Set Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Reference: - Not Found
Material Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Count: 0
Maybe that's the problem ?

Greenplumbbob
n00b

Post by Greenplumbbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Paliha wrote:
Greenplumbbob wrote:Awesome! The error got fixed, but for some reason the LOD0 version of the CN_U_Elise_Party_Body does only import one 'dot' and that's all. And when I export the LOD1 you can clearly see it is a lower detailed version of LOD0. So for some weird reason it had only one vertex (the LOD0). The rest is working clearly for me! Can't wait to use this program on Syndicate!

A similar situation, and what the problem is incompatibility Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll not known
For example:
1KMA_UI_AttackCrowdDisperion >
Material>
Unnamed_0000
File ID:
Resource Type:
Material Template Reference: - Not Found
Texture Set Reference: - Not Found
Material Reference: - Not Found
Unknown Count: 0
Maybe that's the problem ?
It might be that, but it's weird that this error shows up with EVERY mesh I click. The textures do show up correctly. Maybe it is because I am overlooking a DirectX update, Like an Direct3D update?

MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:27 pm

@pewposterous

I get some odd looking normal maps also when using Photoshop CS2 with Intel's DDS plugin. But it's the only thing I have found that comes close to working for me. So maybe try zaramot's suggestion and use Noesis.

@zaramot

Where exactly is that normal map? I would like to compare how it looks with what I'm using.

@Greenplumbbob

The CN_U_Elise_Party_Body_LOD0 mesh is an oddball. It is extremely small, so small that most 3D programs may interpret all the verts being in the same place. I can make an adjustment for that particular model type.

What model(s) are causing the other error you are receiving? That's usually caused by missing textures, but I need to know why it considers it to be a missing texture and aborts as opposed to showing you a model with no textures.

--MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience