READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

(PS2) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 .CVM

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ddkram
ultra-n00b

Re: PS2 .CVM archive extraction

Post by ddkram » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm

MiLØ wrote: That Sakura Wars game is made by Sega Wow Overworks, who used CVM container for all their PS2 games.
And just like in other cases some of them are encrypted while others are not. Shinobi (PS2) for example was non-encrypted and can be oped with Ultra iso, while its sequel Kunoichi was encrypted.
Thanks for the information, i did try UltraISO and a few other ISO programs on this but since it doesn't have a TOC none of them worked, but it can be extracted using the method posted by ameneko (i was just doing it wrong last time) which was useful for some files, but some of the files i extract appear to be encrypted some how, for example the movies are in a SFC format which appears to be a encrypted version of SFD video format so i now need to work out how to decode these encrypted files (which i have no idea how to do since i can't find any info on this format anywhere so it may have only been used on this game)

MiLØ
veteran

Post by MiLØ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 am

ddkram wrote:Thanks for the information, i did try UltraISO and a few other ISO programs on this but since it doesn't have a TOC none of them worked, but it can be extracted using the method posted by ameneko (i was just doing it wrong last time) which was useful for some files, but some of the files i extract appear to be encrypted some how, for example the movies are in a SFC format which appears to be a encrypted version of SFD video format so i now need to work out how to decode these encrypted files (which i have no idea how to do since i can't find any info on this format anywhere so it may have only been used on this game)
Oh I actually didn't get it myself what was the method that ameneko used.

Is there some kind of guide on how to dump PS2 games ram?

ddkram
ultra-n00b

Post by ddkram » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm

MiLØ wrote: Oh I actually didn't get it myself what was the method that ameneko used.

Is there some kind of guide on how to dump PS2 games ram?
There isn't any sort of guide, all you have to do is run the game in a emulator called PCSX2 which can be gotten from www.pcsx2.net and while the game is running make a Save State (basicly a memory dump) and then close Pcsx2 and then open the save state file in any program that can open zip files and extract eeMemory.bin and if you look inside eeMemory.bin with a hex editor you will see the TOC for where the files are inside the CVM (you then need to multiply it by 0x800 then add 0x1800 in hex to get the exact location).

MiLØ
veteran

Post by MiLØ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:19 pm

ddkram wrote:There isn't any sort of guide, all you have to do is run the game in a emulator called PCSX2 which can be gotten from http://www.pcsx2.net and while the game is running make a Save State (basicly a memory dump) and then close Pcsx2 and then open the save state file in any program that can open zip files and extract eeMemory.bin and if you look inside eeMemory.bin with a hex editor you will see the TOC for where the files are inside the CVM (you then need to multiply it by 0x800 then add 0x1800 in hex to get the exact location).
That's what I was hoping it it would not involve - working with the hex editor. This type of stuff is just too hardcore and I got no necessary skills or knowledge.
But thanks for explanation.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

its very simple
just copy paste thats all then its a normal iso file you can read with anything.

ddkram
ultra-n00b

Post by ddkram » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm

chrrox wrote:its very simple
just copy paste thats all then its a normal iso file you can read with anything.
On a normal CVM that works fine but a encrypted CVM is different, it has a encrypted TOC so no program (released publicly to date) can read it.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:46 pm

that's why you paste in the toc from the save state.

ddkram
ultra-n00b

Post by ddkram » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm

chrrox wrote:that's why you paste in the toc from the save state.
I have tried to paste the TOC from the save state but not had much luck (i could be doing something wrong though), can you show me any examples on how to do it ? because everytime i try i get a corrupt ISO (meaning it shows a few files with gibberish names and wrong filesize's) but to me it looks like the start of the TOC is missing from the savestate (again this could just be me) which includes the folder information and disc label.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 pm

just pm me the encryptesd header of the cvm and the save state
and ill send you the proper iso header

dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 am

chrrox wrote:just pm me the encryptesd header of the cvm and the save state
I desperately need your help.
Could you please check PM.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm

here is the quickbms to extract the file you sent me.
I assume its naruto?

so this is virtual on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ddkram
ultra-n00b

Post by ddkram » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 pm

chrrox wrote:just pm me the encryptesd header of the cvm and the save state
Ok i am uploading now and i will send you a PM with a link in a moment, the zip i am sending will have the first 17MB (the number of MB was just random number) of the encrypted CVM and a pcsx2 save state. Any help is very much appreciated.

chrrox

Re: (PS2) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 .CVM

Post by chrrox » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:01 am

what game are you sending?

ddkram
ultra-n00b

Re: (PS2) Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4 .CVM

Post by ddkram » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:29 am

chrrox wrote:what game are you sending?
well i made the zip i sent the same name of the game but the games full name is "Sakura Wars 5 So Long, My Love"

dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:01 am

chrrox wrote:here is the quickbms to extract the file you sent me.
I assume its naruto?
No,
I'm sure it's Virtual-On.