The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Post Reply
vagos21
veteran
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by vagos21 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

bigBear wrote:@vagos, no problem lol.
Someone needed to teach that guy a lesson for being an ultimate prick LOL

Its great to see you made time in craking these files.
Even its incomplete.
That game is just a few days out and you already pounded it in the ass haha.
Would it be possible to import the vehicles in 3DS?
And the textures, they seems to be 2db formats.
Can they be converted into dds or needs the model get imported first?

Cheers for the job, one you might know the full game formats, one day lol
And happy coding.

here are the textures of the mp4-12c converted by the maxscript, the only thing missing is the correct names...
mp4-12C.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qwerty
advanced
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by qwerty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:15 pm

That one was pretty hard to write :)

Code: Select all

Set FULLNAME string ""
Set NAME string ""
Log MEMORY_FILE 0 0
PutVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0 4 long
GetDString DUMMY 8
GetDString ID 4
If ID != "KNAB"
  CleanExit
EndIf
GoTo 0x28
Get NUMFILES long
Get DUMMY long
Get FATOFFSET long
Math FATOFFSET += 8
Get DUMMY long
Get NAMESOFFSET long
Math NAMESOFFSET += 8
Get FILESORDER long
Math FILESORDER += 8
PutVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0 FILESORDER long
GoTo NAMESOFFSET
If NUMFILES != 0
  CallFunction Parser
EndIf

StartFunction Parser
  Get NAMESZ byte
  If NAMESZ > 0x7F
    String FULLNAME += NAME
    String FULLNAME += \
    Get FOLDERS byte
	If FOLDERS > 0x7F
	  Get TMP byte
	  Math TMP < 7
	  Math FOLDERS & 0x0000007F
	  Math FOLDERS | TMP
#	  Print %FOLDERS%
	EndIf
    Math NAMESZ ^= 0xFF
    Math NAMESZ += 1
    GetDString NAME NAMESZ
    For I = 0 < FOLDERS
      CallFunction Parser
    Next I
  Else
    GetDString BASENAME NAMESZ
    String FULLNAME += BASENAME
    String FULLNAME += NAME
#   Print %FULLNAME%
	SavePos NAMESOFFSET
	GetVarChr FILESORDER MEMORY_FILE 0 long
	GoTo FILESORDER
	If NUMFILES > 0x100
	  Get FILENUMBER word
	Else
	  Get FILENUMBER byte
	EndIf
	SavePos FILESORDER
	PutVarChr MEMORY_FILE 0 FILESORDER long
	Math FILENUMBER *= 0x14
	Math FATOFFSET += FILENUMBER
	GoTo FATOFFSET
	Get OFFSET long
	Get SIZE long
	GetDString DUMMY 12
    Log FULLNAME OFFSET SIZE
	GoTo NAMESOFFSET
  EndIf
EndFunction Parser
use this script to extract content from the .bins (or .bnks, if you like).
this is not the final version, it will crash if there is more than 256 files of same type in one dir (not including subdirs, only current dir) and, maybe, in some other cases :)
I'm still working on this...
UPD: the issue with 256 files is fixed now
UPD2: one more small fix - empty .bnk files are now handled correctly :)
Last edited by qwerty on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
toolieo
veteran
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by toolieo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Works flawless with car .bnk files so far. :D


With this its way easy to convert .2db files with "Djey's Modding Tools" to convert the textures to .dds
Image

qwerty
advanced
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by qwerty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 pm

I've updated the script in previous post, now it should correctly unpack dirs with many files (in previous version maximum was 128 files, not even 256)

Koce
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by Koce » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Sorry for question.For this to work do i need to change something in script or i just paste it in bms file.

I manage to make it.The problem was i load big file not map.
Last edited by Koce on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

besweeet
n00b
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by besweeet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 pm

qwerty wrote:
besweeet wrote:That's what I was going to do, but I can't get QuickBMS to extract the files from the first big file (giving QuickBMS the .map).
which version of the game you have? what's exact size (in bytes) of the bigfile_RU_1.big? can you attach your bigfile_RU_1.map file?
According to UpLauncher, it's "TDU2 QA v069 build 1". File sizes ("size", not "size on disk"):
bigfile_RU_1.big: 3,281,574,196 bytes
bigfile_RU_1.map: 77,184 bytes

Attached is the .map file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by bigBear » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 pm

vagos21 wrote:
bigBear wrote:@vagos, no problem lol.
Someone needed to teach that guy a lesson for being an ultimate prick LOL

Its great to see you made time in craking these files.
Even its incomplete.
That game is just a few days out and you already pounded it in the ass haha.
Would it be possible to import the vehicles in 3DS?
And the textures, they seems to be 2db formats.
Can they be converted into dds or needs the model get imported first?

Cheers for the job, one you might know the full game formats, one day lol
And happy coding.

here are the textures of the mp4-12c converted by the maxscript, the only thing missing is the correct names...
mp4-12C.rar
Amazing job!
Textures are no problem at all asides from the names.


At anyone who plays the game.
How is it?
Did they improved it or has it bugs and unlikeley things?
Is the handling improved?
Last time I tried TDU1 and it was a crappy shitgame.
Cars are like stones on wheels.
Since then, I removed that game.

yurtaev
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by yurtaev » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 pm

besweeet wrote:
qwerty wrote:
besweeet wrote:That's what I was going to do, but I can't get QuickBMS to extract the files from the first big file (giving QuickBMS the .map).
which version of the game you have? what's exact size (in bytes) of the bigfile_RU_1.big? can you attach your bigfile_RU_1.map file?
According to UpLauncher, it's "TDU2 QA v069 build 1". File sizes ("size", not "size on disk"):
bigfile_RU_1.big: 3,281,574,196 bytes
bigfile_RU_1.map: 77,184 bytes

Attached is the .map file.
The same problem:
bigfile_RU_1.big: 3 281 575 936 bytes
bigfile_RU_1.map: 77 824 bytes

User avatar
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 304 times
Contact:

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by Chipicao » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 pm

I have the opposite problem. I can extract .big files from both P2P (multi2) and RLD(multi5) releases, but I can't extract any .bin files (using the second script). quickBMS says "0 files found" and I think I have the latest ver 0.4.8a.

My RU_1 filesizes are the same as besweeet's
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.

yurtaev
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by yurtaev » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:39 pm

We just need a OST, as someone put together, please give links

Nobby
veteran
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by Nobby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 pm

bigBear wrote:At anyone who plays the game.
How is it?
Did they improved it or has it bugs and unlikeley things?
Is the handling improved?
Last time I tried TDU1 and it was a crappy shitgame.
Cars are like stones on wheels.
Since then, I removed that game.
Bigbear, its worse than the first game BY MILES. TDU1 was actually a decent game for what it was. its wasn't meant to be a serious racing simulator, more of an arcade cruiser.. when you played the game on hardcore mode with a decent wheel and pedals it played really well ( i used a logitec G25 )

ok TDU2.. the game servers aren't even working ATM so no online mode, only offline profiles ( which is different to the online ) so any cars you win in offline, you cannot use in online when they servers are back on again.
No proper support for steering wheels, clutch support doesn't work very well, you get a choice between manual or auto gears, but manual is sequential gears, so no using the H shifter on the g25 now.
Overall handing is a little worse. The only real bonus points TDU2 has over TDU1 is you have slightly higher quality cars, slightly better looking GFX and you get 2 islands to play on, you start on the Spanish island of Ibiza and once you reach level 10 you have access to Hawaii ( so thats probably the same map as you had in TDU1 )
I openly admit to going pirate with TDU1 and i wished is hadn't, as i missed out on the online mode. for TDU2 i should have gone pirate and saved my money. In all honesty, to anyone thinking of buying this game, really i wouldn't... you would be much better converting all the cars from tdu 2 over to tdu1 and enjoying a much better game. Oh one more thing, i had to take my cd back to the store and get it swapped coz the first copy i got had a broken install :twisted: half way through the install it said one of the files was corrupt :cry:

BTW bigbear.. just so you know, there have been MANY community based improvements done for TDU1 including a heck of a lot of custom cars being built, the ability to tweak the performance of the car, improved gfx ranging from better quality textures, to being able to switch the whole game over to " winter mode" and various game fixes to improve stability issues.
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)

besweeet
n00b
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by besweeet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:51 pm

I like TDU2. There's something about TDU1 that has me leaning towards that one, but TDU2 is still very fun to cruise around with. Handling isn't a problem for me, as I play with a gamepad. Servers are having issues. Sometimes you can connect, sometimes you can't. Offline profiles are separate from online profiles. Overall, I like it. Cruising around Ibiza is fun. I'm a huge fan of TDU1, and you get the best of both worlds with TDU2.

bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by bigBear » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Nobby wrote:
bigBear wrote:At anyone who plays the game.
How is it?
Did they improved it or has it bugs and unlikeley things?
Is the handling improved?
Last time I tried TDU1 and it was a crappy shitgame.
Cars are like stones on wheels.
Since then, I removed that game.
Bigbear, its worse than the first game BY MILES. TDU1 was actually a decent game for what it was. its wasn't meant to be a serious racing simulator, more of an arcade cruiser.. when you played the game on hardcore mode with a decent wheel and pedals it played really well ( i used a logitec G25 )

ok TDU2.. the game servers aren't even working ATM so no online mode, only offline profiles ( which is different to the online ) so any cars you win in offline, you cannot use in online when they servers are back on again.
No proper support for steering wheels, clutch support doesn't work very well, you get a choice between manual or auto gears, but manual is sequential gears, so no using the H shifter on the g25 now.
Overall handing is a little worse. The only real bonus points TDU2 has over TDU1 is you have slightly higher quality cars, slightly better looking GFX and you get 2 islands to play on, you start on the Spanish island of Ibiza and once you reach level 10 you have access to Hawaii ( so thats probably the same map as you had in TDU1 )
I openly admit to going pirate with TDU1 and i wished is hadn't, as i missed out on the online mode. for TDU2 i should have gone pirate and saved my money. In all honesty, to anyone thinking of buying this game, really i wouldn't... you would be much better converting all the cars from tdu 2 over to tdu1 and enjoying a much better game. Oh one more thing, i had to take my cd back to the store and get it swapped coz the first copy i got had a broken install :twisted: half way through the install it said one of the files was corrupt :cry:

BTW bigbear.. just so you know, there have been MANY community based improvements done for TDU1 including a heck of a lot of custom cars being built, the ability to tweak the performance of the car, improved gfx ranging from better quality textures, to being able to switch the whole game over to " winter mode" and various game fixes to improve stability issues.
Thanks for your review.
It seems I will not get the game again.
I readed about a lot of bugs/glitches and such.
But worse than TDU1, thats some serious shit.
And yeah, better pirating broken games than bringing them back to the store.
The graphics looks nice, but if it has issues, then I think I do not get the game.
Im only interested in these vehicles because of the details.

And what about the handling?
They perform even worse I guess.
I have seen the trailers of that slipping car, it looked like a hard shit slding.
No fraction, no gears.

besweeet
n00b
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by besweeet » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm still having problems extracting the files from the first 4 .big/.map files using the below BMS script:

Code: Select all

IDString "XMBF"
Open FDDE big 1
Endian big
GetDString DUMMY 12
Get OFFS long
GoTo OFFS
Get DUMMY long
Get NUMHASHES long
Get HASHOFFSET long
Math HASHOFFSET += OFFS
Get NUMFILEREC long
Get FILERECOFFSET long
Math FILERECOFFSET += OFFS
If NUMHASHES != NUMFILEREC
  CleanExit
EndIf
For I = 0 < NUMHASHES
  GoTo HASHOFFSET
  Get HASH1 long
  Get HASH2 long
  String NAME p= "%08X%08X.bin" HASH1 HASH2
  SavePos HASHOFFSET
  GoTo FILERECOFFSET
  Get FILESIZE long
  Get DUMMY long # compression?
  Get FILEOFFSET long
  SavePos FILERECOFFSET
  Math MEMSIZE = FILESIZE
  Math MEMSIZE x 4
  Log MEMORY_FILE FILEOFFSET MEMSIZE 1
  If MEMSIZE != FILESIZE
    Math MEMSIZE -= 4
    GetVarChr TMP MEMORY_FILE MEMSIZE long
    Math TMP ^= 0xD7A8E2D4
    PutVarChr MEMORY_FILE MEMSIZE TMP long
  EndIf
  FileXOR "\xD7\xA8\xE2\xD4"
  Log NAME 0 FILESIZE MEMORY_FILE
  FileXOR ""
Next I
The 5th big file is still the only one that extracts normally. The .bin files are also extracted normally using the script somewhere on this 5th page.

qwerty
advanced
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by qwerty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 pm

besweeet wrote:I'm still having problems extracting the files from the first 4 .big/.map files using the below BMS script:
The 5th big file is still the only one that extracts normally. The .bin files are also extracted normally using the script somewhere on this 5th page.
Your .map file is identical to mine, size of .big file is the same. Have no idea why script crashes. Try to open it with "quickbms.exe", not "quickbms64_test.exe"

Post Reply