Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
madmax
n00b

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by madmax » Tue May 29, 2012 11:23 am

Cypher wrote:I've opened the bnk files !
How did you do it? :eek:
Would you mind telling us?

Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:54 pm

madmax wrote:
Cypher wrote:I've opened the bnk files !
How did you do it? :eek:
Would you mind telling us?
Id imagine he used the mini bnk manager to open the bnk's. Its part of the tdu modding tools package.

Also.... you can open the models using the scripts posted back on p8 ( i think it was page 8 )
Yes! i know that's what i said... But its not what i meant. ;)

headrushmayor
beginner

Post by headrushmayor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 am

hi all i been trying work outhow get audio out file i just try Dragon unpackerv5.6.2 it will take 1 or 2 files out of file and make them in to mp1 format 1 mono ch, 44.1 khz, 16bit 30mili sec long

Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 am

headrushmayor wrote:hi all i been trying work outhow get audio out file i just try Dragon unpackerv5.6.2 it will take 1 or 2 files out of file and make them in to mp1 format 1 mono ch, 44.1 khz, 16bit 30mili sec long
Again just use the MiniBNK manager. Its designed specifically to open TDU2 BNK's.. any bnk's all bnk's.. Doesnt matter if its Game models, Game textures, sound effects or music. They ALL work exactly the same.. Just... Load bnk, unpack, edit file, Repack. Run game.

Some of us have already played with the sounds. i created 3 new GPS sound mods ( that american female voice was annoying ) I also changed all the commercials that get played on the radio and several people have done new car sound mods, so the cars have better engine noise and such.

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Well about unpacked files from BIG DLC's - seems encrypted. Anyway i can't check because every time if i try run game i get error - TDU2 QA V097 has stopped working. I do not know how to fix it.

PS: Sorry for necroposting :twisted:
Last edited by Ekey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Axsis
advanced

Post by Axsis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 am

Ekey, tried on TDU2v082 - all extracted files are different by size, but all equal by content.
it seems like something wrong with offset calculation in your program. :(
it's not an encryption - all files extracted with bms script are normal.

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 am

Axsis wrote:Ekey, tried on TDU2v082 - all extracted files are different by size, but all equal by content.
it seems like something wrong with offset calculation in your program.
Download: See below.
Last edited by Ekey on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neurocrash
ultra-n00b

Post by neurocrash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:00 am

Hi,

I'm new here, but have spent several hours trying to determine how to use these tools for customization. I have a few questions and hope that someone can help:

1. Is the current revision of the game possible to unpack and customize?
2. Which region will work with these tools (I understand the Steam version is not recommended)?
3. Which version or user created scripting is most current? (I have experimented with two different QuickBMS packages, which either don't work with my region or version)?

As with TDU1, I wish to remove traffic, customize some graphics, etc.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance
--
Edit

I've tried the Quickbms and scripting packages from here and here:

From Vagos21

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5747&p=51651&hilit ... bms#p51651

From Chipicao

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5747&p=51760#p51760

as well as the Bigunpacker from Ekey above.

Unfortunately none of these seem to work with the current update of TDU2. If any of the following are present, even as unpacked contents, it crashes to desktop.

TDU2DLC2v025.big
TDU2DLC2v026.big
TDU2DLC2v028.big
TDU2DLC2v031.big
TDU2DLCEXPLOv017.big
TDU2DLCEXPLOv023.big
TDU2DLCEXPLOv024.big
TDU2DLCEXPLOv027.big
TDU2v082.big
TDU2v083.big
TDU2v086.big
TDU2v097.big

I guess the only option is to run completely unpatched?

Thanks

Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 am

Yes its possible with the current build version of the game.

Personally i would recommend following THIS guide..
This requires you have the None steam "rest of world" version of TDU2. you can tell which version you have.....
There will be one of the .Big files with a name like "bigfile_EU_1.big" or "bigfile_RUS_1.big" One is Russian one is Euro/rest of world.
You need to have the Euro/ROW version. ( if you dont have that version you do not need to worry) If you have a legit retail version on disc or from steam, you can DL a pirate copy ( as a digital backup) and use your cd key with it. I had to DL a pirate copy because my cd wouldnt install ( even after they changed it at the shop ) You just have to remember NOT to apply any cd crack included, you dont need it if you have a legit code.. ( if you are already running pirate, then im sure you already know what to do.. )
I would recommend using the RELOADED version as that is known to be the Euro version..

There are several things that cause people problems when unpacking.... If you have the game installed on your system drive (usually C: ) Then 99-100 times you will need to disable UAC ( user account control ) in windows. You will probably also need to run the unpacker in Admin mode. And regarding Crashing to desktop... You cannot have Both packed and unpacked data present in the game folder at the same time. You either have the .Big and .Map files in the main install folder ( the same one as the EXE ) Orrrrr you have the Unpacked data which resides in your tdu/euro/bnk folder. if you have the data unpacked you MUST move the .big and.map files to another folder ( even if you create a folder called Backup in your install folder and put them in there) but you cannot have both the packed .big files in your install folder and the unpacked data in the euro/bnk folder at the same time, it always crashes the game.

If you are interested in unpacking, modding, changing files. then there are 2 good sites you should look up.
The first is the link i gave above TduMods.com thats a site i help run, we have tutorials explaining all sorts of cool things and even a few exclusive mods, like new GPS mods, Teleport anywhere..
And the second is.. TDU Central aka TurboDuck They have been around since way before TDU1 that was the site that created the original TDUmodding tools which let you change almost any aspect of a car and was the biggest resource for tdu modding..

I know this reply is about a month too late, but im sure people are still asking questions about this.

neurocrash
ultra-n00b

Post by neurocrash » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:56 am

Ok, maybe I have the wrong region of the game disc. I just ordered what appears to be a European release since it has a PEGI rating. I'll try that and report back.

Thanks for the reply!

Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 am

neurocrash wrote:Ok, maybe I have the wrong region of the game disc. I just ordered what appears to be a European release since it has a PEGI rating. I'll try that and report back.

Thanks for the reply!

why buy/order as second copy.. You can legally download a pirate copy from the internet.. You own a copy of the game ( you have a disc) so you have a cd/ serial code.. Just download a euro version of the game ( we recommend the RELOADED copy) and when it asks for a cd key give it the one you already have..

Any game, movie or music you own on cd/dvd, you can legally have a digital backup in case it gets damaged.

I can confirm the euro version has a Pegi rating.. Well my box does anyway and im in england :)

neurocrash
ultra-n00b

Post by neurocrash » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:11 am

Nobby wrote: Any game, movie or music you own on cd/dvd, you can legally have a digital backup in case it gets damaged.
Hi,

I tried downloading one, but the image that I got unpacked incorrectly after updating, so it probably wasn't the correct region. Also, the code I have is from my copy on Steam, and while it works, I would like to prevent an association with that license causing problems on Steam. I don't mind spending another $20 if I can play this game without traffic. They should have made that a DLC!

:)

Also, in the US, fair use rights conflict with copyright privileges, such that copyright holders win. While on one hand we are supposed to have the right to have backups, the DMCA says that anything that interferes with or circumvents copy protection is illegal, rendering the fair use rights meaningless. This would probably include the creation or use of protected disk images, transferring license codes, and so on. The program used to create backup images of protected CDs or DVDs, for example, is illegal. It seems that in this country, we don't own any of the media that we buy, we are just granted permission to rent it on their terms.

Thanks!

Nobby
veteran

Post by Nobby » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm

But you are NOT circumventing anything.. thats the point.. If you bought the game, from steam or from a store you have a serial key, THAT allows you to play any version, pirate or legit, without needing to bypass any sort of protection. Also while tdu can be bought and therefore linked to steam, there is nothing from the game that talks to steam. People used to worry a lot about modding/cheating/hacking the game and getting a possible VAC ban. It has never happened and we know this because it was found out quite early that the game doesnt actually talk to steam, other than to say the exe is running, which i guess steam does by knowing what games to look for in your list.
The images are not protected and the programs used to create them are standard commercial disk image programs that anyone can buy and use.. ( if you have a thousand photos from your life, instead of packing them into a rar file you can just pack them all in an ISO image) so no the image creation programs are not illegal and making the disk image is as simple as putting a cd in your drive and then loading the program and clicking "create image" it's no harder than creating a rar file, so its really not protected at all. You are also NOT transferring licence codes. you have a paid for the right to use TDU2, you are using TDU2, regardless where you got it from, if its using your code you got when you bought the game, then it is your game..

But there is nothing illegal about downloading something if you have already paid for it. If you give away your copy or sell it, thats illegal,because someone who has not paid for it is getting it. but as long as you hold the original game, you can keep the copy..

I know several people that bought the game on steam, but got the wrong version, so downloaded the game from somewhere else and used the serial they got with the steam copy, they can go online and drive with the rest of us, they can do everything anyone else can do to the game modding wise and they have never had any issues with steam or even the game complaining about they version of the game. Or be needing to use something to get past the game protection or anything like that, its completely fine... When you use your legit serial number on a regular install version, it lets you add it to securerom ( which is what the crack dodges) securerom removes the need to use a disk to play the game. so your game runs perfectly fine and normal you can still get updates and all aspects of the game are fully useable. There really is no issue.. As long as you have a legit version of the game..

ANYWAY this is taking the thread way of point. all i was trying to say originally is that its fine to use a downloaded copy that works better for the purpose of modding, if you own a copy of the game, thus having a legit and unique cd key..

Back to the point of the thread, Yes the game is still unpackable and still moddable just as easy as it always has been.

neurocrash
ultra-n00b

Post by neurocrash » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Regarding the other stuff, I was reacting partially to the discussions in this thread about VAC and not wanting my key to get disabled or anything like that. I personally have no interest in playing online, but activation will be necessary if I'm installing and uninstalling to try and get things working. I'll be glad if this isn't a problem.

I'll try it this weekend. In my previous attempt, the unpacking process did not work properly after the game had been updated, so I am currently running the unpatched version which is missing added cars, missions, motorcycles, whatever. I hope this was related to having the wrong region installed.

Thanks!

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Updated.

Code: Select all

* Impoved detecting filenames.
* Fixed small problem while unpacking files, when unpacker create empty folders.
* Fixed problem while work with large archives.
* Base names updated. Added ~3000 filenames and moved in one single file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.