READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Heavy Rain BIGFILE

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Heavy Rain BIGFILE

Post by OrangeC » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 pm

i have here three samples from this game a cut from a 1gig .dat file a .dep file and a sdat file. seems to be quantum dreams proprietary archive rather then sony's.

thanks appreciate it.

Rick

Re: Heavy Rain BIGFILE

Post by Rick » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 am

.sdat is an encrypted Sony format.

Other formats don't look too difficult, interesting to know that Heavy Rain uses Lua for scripting. :)
http://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 am

hmm okay if its not to difficult in trying to unpack them then nice

evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by evin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:54 am

It seems, this game use the engine of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (of course upgraded newer version) or just the structure is very similar; Unicode text with ASCII ID, and DDS textures.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Are there any tools to unpack this type of engine files? like for example indigo prophecy tools would work?

FunnyML
beginner

Post by FunnyML » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:25 pm

There is a tool for Fahrenheit, but it extracts only millions of small parts of it. The archives used in Heavy Rain are similar, but no one figured out yet, how this strange system works. You can scan the archives for some formats (the music is 128k MP3), but all you get are 1-second chunks.
Merging those files together afterwards doesn't work, either. Every music file (chunk) consists of three parts, played one after the other. This may be some kind of surround thing. And even if you delete the last two parts of each chunk, the files don't fit together properly. Someone really needs to understand this archive format!

I uploaded the first music cue here. It consists of 106 parts and runs about 1:45 min. I really give up on this one.

Researchman
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Researchman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:20 pm

So, Extractor 2.5 unpack from heavy Rain .dat files .mp3 files, which appear pieces(dinamic music?).

STUNS unpack .dat files as LZO and Deflate.

Also I cut begin and end of BigFile_PS3.dat and BigFile_PS3.d01.

piece from BigFile_PS3.dat:
QUANTICDREAMTABINDEX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------QZIP COM_CONT i и LOADCONT SINT_SEC y DifficultyLevel ConfusionLevel ProductionStoryboard ~яяяяSCRIPT ёз
HEAVY_RAIN ёМif (QDR.nScId == nil) then QDR.nScId = 0 end
-- Context Table Creation
QDR.HEAVY_RAIN_Var = { default_ctx = {} }
QDT.GAME_MANAGER.New("HEAVY_RAIN", 2)

-- Template Declaration

-- Attribute Declaration
QDT.THIRD_PERSON_GAMEPLAY.NewPlaced("HEAVY_RAIN_Var", "ThirdPersonGameplay", 0)
QDR.HEAVY_RAIN_Var.ParSuccess = false
QDT.VECTOR.NewPlaced("HEAVY_RAIN_Var", "VectorTempGlob", 0)
P.S.: By the way, where I can get Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy tools?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FunnyML
beginner

Post by FunnyML » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:30 pm

This is the only tool I know of. You can select the bigfile_xbox.idx table and the bigfile_xbox.dat archive of the XBOX version of Fahrenheit and somehow extract all files. However, the tool doesn't work with my PC version and I don't know, what type the extracted files have afterwards.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:12 am

Any update to this?

Venushja
beginner

Post by Venushja » Fri May 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Hey guys ... How I can unpack text file ? Thanks for answer.

lion589
beginner

Post by lion589 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 am

does anyone know if quickbms can extract files from BIGFILE thing?

cyberpunk2012
ultra-n00b

Post by cyberpunk2012 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm

lion589 wrote:does anyone know if quickbms can extract files from BIGFILE thing?
you need the game script to use quickbms with the BIGFILE as every game is different

3pacalypse
beginner

Post by 3pacalypse » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I really want to translate this game! I still believe that someone will find a way around those BIGFILES. I saw that the russians has already translated the game so there is hope.
A Member of the Bulgarian Game Localization Teams: http://playonbg.info/ & http://adventurersbg.info/

FunnyML
beginner

Post by FunnyML » Sat May 12, 2012 4:16 pm

evin wrote:It seems, this game use the engine of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (of course upgraded newer version) or just the structure is very similar; Unicode text with ASCII ID, and DDS textures.
I only managed to extract the music, speech and sfx from the game. Haven't found code that indicates DDS textures.

evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by evin » Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 am

FunnyML wrote: I only managed to extract the music, speech and sfx from the game. Haven't found code that indicates DDS textures.
Because the DDS header is missing.
3pacalypse wrote:I really want to translate this game! I still believe that someone will find a way around those BIGFILES. I saw that the russians has already translated the game so there is hope.
As you can see in the attachment, the Russian translation is official.

I could extract some texts.
No repacker, and the unpacker is still under develop!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.