READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Xbox 360: Left 4 Dead 360.Zip Extractor

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TheGeneral
ultra-n00b

Xbox 360: Left 4 Dead 360.Zip Extractor

Post by TheGeneral » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:17 pm

The Xbox 360 version of Left 4 Dead stores all its files in 360.zip files which for some reason cannot be extracted using any other zip programs even though the file format seems exactly the same as any other zip file :S So I made a little extractor.

Rebuilding is easy just use your favorite zip program and rezip the files into an uncompressed zip archive and the game will still load everything :)

I have also tested this extractor on the 360.zip files for Portal: Still Alive and it works fine :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frosty
ultra-n00b

Re: Xbox 360: Left 4 Dead 360.Zip Extractor

Post by Frosty » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah I am having problems with Rebuilding the files into an uncompressed zip archive. I use Winzip and add all the files to an archive that is uncompressed and every time I inject it back into the iso using wx360 it says padding then done. When I run the iso in abgx the iso screws up or just burning it to a disc it doesn't run. I tried multiple times and used different zip tools and each time it doesn't work. Can you tell me what zip tool you used that worked? Because obviously I am doing something wrong as I choose compression method none and still no dice. Does it have to be the same size as the original zip file? Also if anyone else could help it would be nice since I see this OP is not really active thanks ( Sorry for the bump new here.)