READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Legend: Hand of God

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Tiptoe
ultra-n00b

Legend: Hand of God

Post by Tiptoe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 am

Hello :]

This is my first request, so I hope I do this right. I'd like to request support for a nice little action RPG game called Legend: Hand of God.

This is the official site: http://www.legendhandofgod.com/

I'm very new to all this modding business, so I thought I'd start out small by trying to make a simple camera mod (if it's at all possible :roll: ).

You see, the game's camera is at a fixed, almost top-down angle:

Which is fine for melee type characters, but not so great for ranged characters. So what I'd like to do, is slightly lower the camera's angle so it's possible to see further ahead.

Anyway, here are the two files which seem to define the camera: http://rapidshare.de/files/40581517/Camera.rar.html

I hope I've gone about this the right way, if I've done something wrong or messed something up, please forgive me.

Thanks muchly.

Rheini

Re: Legend: Hand of God

Post by Rheini » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 pm

Seems to define camera moves (guess for ingame cinematics) rather than the normal ingame camera.
DAT is the directory.

Code: Select all

uint numEntries;
struct Entry {
	string name; // why does that contain CR LF?
	byte zero; // double 0 terminated string?
	uint offset;
	uint uk; // checksum?
} entries[numEntries]<optimize=false>;

Tiptoe
ultra-n00b

Post by Tiptoe » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:26 pm

Thankyou for the quick response, I didn't think anybody would get around to looking at this so quickly :D.

So those files I uploaded are used to control the camera in the cutscenes, and not the camera ingame :( .

Ok, let's see if I can find them. I had another look through the game's Data directory and I found some script files (I've uploaded these to Rapidshare as well): http://rapidshare.de/files/40582544/Script.rar.html

Maybe the camera info I need is in those files *fingers crossed*. But even if they don't have the camera code, I'm still very curious to see what these script files contain (and what can be changed in them :P ).

Just a quick question, how were you able to open those first files to view the data you posted? I tried to open them in MultiEx Commander but I didn't have any luck.

Thanks again for all your help.

Rheini

Post by Rheini » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm

No clue what these scripts contain.
they got filenames like CITYGUARDHEIGHLANDQUEST.SCRIPT, CURSEDBOY.SCRIPT, FARMFRAU.SCRIPT, .. (hehe german developers :wink:)

You need a hex editor to figure out file formats. I personally use 010 Editor, that's why I always post 010 Editor binary templates (that code I posted).

Tiptoe
ultra-n00b

Post by Tiptoe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:44 am

Hmm I'm beginning to think my simple little mod isn't so simple after all :(. I have a horrible suspicion that the camera might be hardcoded in the engine itself. Bummer!

Ah well, I suppose I can live with it. But the thing I really wanted to do is find some way to stop enemies respawning when you leave an area or reload the game, that's something I really, really hate.

I thought changing the camera would be an easy way to get my feet wet before I tried something harder :roll:. But now I suspect that both the code for the camera and the respawning enemies is hardcoded.

There's no way to mod that is there?

Rheini

Post by Rheini » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Maybe there are other files that control it, but spawning is probably hardcoded or it is saved in the map files.

asmxtx
veteran

Post by asmxtx » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:36 pm

Here you can download an unpacker for the game DAT/PAK-files, if you want:
viewtopic.php?p=27117#p27117

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm

If the game supports opengl rendering I can show you how to change the camera.
http://glintercept.nutty.org/