Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

"The Outforce" .box files.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Good news!!!! I found some useful commands :) I have found a useful command "m_setstartposition()" , "m_setstartpositionbymouse"

M_SetStartPosition (int playerID,float x, float z); sets a start position of a player ;)

bizzybody wrote:I don't know any of the technical details of the game. Not even what any of the actual cheat codes are. Never played it multiplayer against other humans.

Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Poland Głogów
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Szkaradek123 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am

Here is a blend file to extract meshes from "PackedProject.OPF" (from demo game)

Opf is container but values of offsets where begin each mesh or image propably are outside the file, maybe in exe, i don't know.

My python script search all "CBaseClass" section in *.opf , parse this section and export to binary file with "mesh" extension

Meshes are exported as pure geometry, no weights, no uv ,no bones.



Blend file use only with Blender version 2.49

http://www.mediafire.com/view/z5ybhbaqf1hu94m/sc.jpg

You need:
http://download.blender.org/release/Ble ... indows.exe
and
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.6 ... -2.6.6.msi


http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3whkm9ey ... -15%5D.zip


Unpack archive, doubleclick on file "Blender249.blend" , press alt+p in Blender Text Window

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Thank you very much!

Is it possible to convert these .mesh files to an editable file format? These files are contain configs as well, such as: ship speed, which race can build ships, turrets, etc. I just want to edit them.

The .opf file is about 7,8 mb (full version game) and I was able to extract all the 345 images from .opf (~3,62mb), but there is at least 4 more MB something left (I think config files) I cant pull out of the file :(
Szkaradek123 wrote:Here is a blend file to extract meshes from "PackedProject.OPF" (from demo game)

Opf is container but values of offsets where begin each mesh or image propably are outside the file, maybe in exe, i don't know.

My python script search all "CBaseClass" section in *.opf , parse this section and export to binary file with "mesh" extension

Meshes are exported as pure geometry, no weights, no uv ,no bones.



Blend file use only with Blender version 2.49

http://www.mediafire.com/view/z5ybhbaqf1hu94m/sc.jpg

You need:
http://download.blender.org/release/Ble ... indows.exe
and
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.6 ... -2.6.6.msi


http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3whkm9ey ... -15%5D.zip


Unpack archive, doubleclick on file "Blender249.blend" , press alt+p in Blender Text Window

Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: Poland Głogów
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Szkaradek123 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Do you want edit and change this values like at screen ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Dear Szkaradek123! First, I want to turn this characters to normal text in order to edit them. Finally, Watto helped me, so I can extract packedproject.opf file. But still have some problems...

By the way how to turn. CUNIT and .CBASECLASS files to editable files?
opf.png
I have sent you 2 pngs. On the second png you can see a "text" I want to edit. In the game there is a unit called "Hm_central" which produces two units: hm_towship and hm_mcu. I just want Hm_central to produce another unit called "RCU", which collect resources in the game. But after I try to edit anything, the game wont load any map... Why is that?

I will send you the other file in a new message
Szkaradek123 wrote:Do you want edit and change this values like at screen ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Winters wrote:Dear Szkaradek123! First, I want to turn this characters to normal text in order to edit them. Finally, Watto helped me, so I can extract packedproject.opf file. But still have some problems...

By the way how to turn. CUNIT and .CBASECLASS files to editable files?
opf.png
I have sent you 2 pngs. On the second png you can see a "text" I want to edit. In the game there is a unit called "Hm_central" which produces two units: hm_towship and hm_mcu. I just want Hm_central to produce another unit called "RCU", which collect resources in the game. But after I try to edit anything, the game wont load any map... Why is that?

I will send you the other file in a new message
opf2.png
Szkaradek123 wrote:Do you want edit and change this values like at screen ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi there!

Cunit | .CUnitWEapon | .CGridmember | .CBaseClass files are binary data containers. I made a deep research to write an extrator, but I can not do it till !d!ot Starbreeze release the source code or the algorithm they use to compress these files.

I have downloaded the official patch files released by O3Games and I opened them in a hex editor. I have found the these files were compressed (packed) with a software called: "Petite compressor" That you can download from: Un4seen.com

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/ ... petite.png

I also found that each .CUnit .CUnitWeapon :CGridMember .CBaseClass, .UNKNOWN files had it's folders with out the "." (I will attach some pictures)

Regarding to this: all filetypes that I mentioned about had a .cpp ( C++ source) file.

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/ ... pfiles.jpg

I come to the following conclusion:

.CUnit files are somekind of configuration files.
.CUnitWeapons are also contanins confogurationfiles.
.CBaseClass contains 3D modell files
.CGridMember: are animation files.
.Unknown files are somekind of RAW image files.

For more info (unpacked files, tipps, map editing) please visit: https://www.moddb.com/games/the-outforc ... embersform
and The Outforce game forum: https://www.moddb.com/games/the-outforce/forum

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:40 pm

New infos about .OPF file (from Watto's website:http://www.watto.org/specs.html?specs=A ... F_OUTFORCE)

// RGBA is either 8,8,8,8 or 24,16,8,8

// HEADER
23 - Header (Outforce Packed Content)
4 - Version? (29)
2 - Project Name Length (21)
21 - Project Name (Outforce Base Project)
2 - Developer Name Length (8)
8 - Developer Name (O3 Games)
2 - Email Length (16)
16 - Email (Info@o3games.com)
4 - Description Length (including null terminator) (132)
131 - Description
1 - null Terminator
2 - Unknown (1)
8 - null

// IMAGE DIRECTORY AND FILE DATA
4 - Number of Images

// for each Image
2 - Filename Length
X - Filename
2 - Source File Path Length
X - Source File Path
2 - Drive Length
X - Drive
4 - Image Width
4 - Image Height
4 - Red Bits?
4 - Green Bits?
4 - Blue Bits?
4 - Alpha Bits?
4 - Unknown (257)
4 - Unknown
4 - Unknown (32)

74 - Unknown

4 - Number of Colors (can be null)
4 - Number of Colors (can be null)

// for each color
1 - Red
1 - Green
1 - Blue
1 - Alpha

4 - File Length
X - File Data (JPEG Image)

// SCRIPTS DIRECTORY AND FILE DATA
4 - Number of Scripts

// for each Script
2 - Filename Length
X - Filename
899 - File Data

// CLASSES DIRECTORY AND FILE DATA
4 - Number of Classes

// for each class
2 - Class Type Length
X - Class Type (CBaseClass, CUnit, etc)
5 - Unknown
4 - null
2 - Filename Length
X - Filename
26 - null (can have some data in here, but usually null)
4 - Unknown (16256)
4 - Unknown (16256)
4 - Unknown (16256)
X - File Data (complicated structure)

Needed information:

The OPF is a funny file - it's not a traditional archive. I think I would need to know either...
1. How does the game know where all the files are in this archive, and/or
2. What is the actual structure of the Classes section - how do you convert the Classes back into real objects, so I know how to pack them back again.

=======================================================7
If you still interested in the game please join our:

Discord server: https://discord.com/channels/7416477335 ... 4263775234
Moddb site: https://www.moddb.com/games/the-outforce

Winters
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: "The Outforce" .box files.

Post by Winters » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Szkaradek123 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am
Here is a blend file to extract meshes from "PackedProject.OPF" (from demo game)

Opf is container but values of offsets where begin each mesh or image propably are outside the file, maybe in exe, i don't know.

My python script search all "CBaseClass" section in *.opf , parse this section and export to binary file with "mesh" extension

Meshes are exported as pure geometry, no weights, no uv ,no bones.



Blend file use only with Blender version 2.49

http://www.mediafire.com/view/z5ybhbaqf1hu94m/sc.jpg

You need:
http://download.blender.org/release/Ble ... indows.exe
and
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.6 ... -2.6.6.msi


http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3whkm9ey ... -15%5D.zip


Unpack archive, doubleclick on file "Blender249.blend" , press alt+p in Blender Text Window
Hello dear Szkaradek! Can you help me again? I have found every images. Can you update your 3d viewer?

Post Reply