READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Is it mexscript error or mine?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Is it mexscript error or mine?

Post by fatduck » Sun May 27, 2007 11:46 pm

While I am writting a mexscript for Evil Dead : Regeneration. Everything seems fine and show up, but when I try to extract the files, some of them didn'r work. I got the error as below.

I checked all offset and length are correct, just seems MultiEx Commander refuse to extract the file!

Could anyone take a look at it please!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck » Sun May 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Here is the mexscript
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck » Sun May 27, 2007 11:52 pm

And this is some of the files to test.
You can get more files in here

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Tue May 29, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks, will take a look.

[EDIT]Ok, go to Options and deselect Extraction->Check for overlapping files, then it will work. If that option is set, MultiEx Commander will assume all files in the index are in sequential order. The first file in dw.pak for instance starts at 3728 and is 8794 in size ( up to the offset of 12522). The second file starts at 1280 according to the index. Thus, there's a discrepancy in offsets and MultiEx will report this. By deselecting this check, MultiEx Commander will assume that files can be randomly distributed in the index.

Excellent work on the script by the way! Are you sure of the format? Nice job! :D