The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Chaos;Head "chaoshnps3.rio" archive (rUGP engine)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Atsushifennek
ultra-n00b

Chaos;Head "chaoshnps3.rio" archive (rUGP engine)

Post by Atsushifennek » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Lately I've tried to go deep into visual novels data, so after decrypting boring pithon-ports, I decided to check my favorite visual novel called "Chaos;Head Noah" for ps3. But I've stumbled upon the problem. I've extracted all the recourses with "rioX-tool" by muzhi, and tried to replace original language with english fan-translation from android-port.
As there's no more link for de/encription tool for this file exists (they all dead), maybe anyone would help me to find tools for encrypting data to .rio-files?
There was once package for that. An archive was called "riodecode.zip" and consisted of RIODecode.exe, RIOEncode.exe, UnpackGOStrings.exe, PatchGOStrings.exe and corresponding batch-files with examples of commands. It really upsetes that such piece of usefull tools (originally they were for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien's translation patch) are lost now

ikskoks

Re: Chaos;Head "chaoshnps3.rio" archive (rUGP engine)

Post by ikskoks » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:57 pm

There was once package for that. An archive was called "riodecode.zip"
I think that I was able to find what you were looking for.
Here is RIODecoder + source code
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aL8iG_ ... sp=sharing

Let me know if it works for you.

Atsushifennek
ultra-n00b

Re: Chaos;Head "chaoshnps3.rio" archive (rUGP engine)

Post by Atsushifennek » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:44 pm

Unfortunatelly, this toolset is no use yet. Seems that it is written specially for that game, so even my offset-changing didn't help me to extract and replace strings. So I think we should continue to look for universal editor (rioX can't extract sounds, music and system files, not to say about replacement)
But, anyway, thanks a lot for your help