Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

[Unity] Rockman X DiVE Decryption

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
AtlasF
ultra-n00b

[Unity] Rockman X DiVE Decryption

Post by AtlasF » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:32 am

Basically, I have a Google Drive that I'd kept updated for a little bit of all the game's assets decrypted. However, I had to decrypt everything manually which was very time consuming, not at all helped by the fact that the recent updates re-downloaded over 700 files. I had a process I used while decrypting which I believe could be made into a script, and I need this in order to keep the Drive updated on-time. The decryption used is just a simple XOR.

I believe my method would still work even if they changed the keys but kept the XOR encryption, because my method relied on the fact that each Unity asset has the same header. There's also unencrypted sound archives and PNG's with their own headers. Anybody that could write a script please let me know so that I can tell you exactly what is needed.
Last edited by AtlasF on Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

einherjar007
veteran

Re: [Unity] Rockman X DiVE Decryption

Post by einherjar007 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 am

Can't you wait for a while? As I suggested in vg-resource, XDive is very promising content in the future.
When cryptography no longer makes sense as cryptography, they should change its method.
Now I use the XOR method which is easy to get, but it is difficult to decrypt if it is changed to AES or bit shift is used.

AtlasF
ultra-n00b

Post by AtlasF » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am

einherjar007 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 am
When cryptography no longer makes sense as cryptography, they should change its method.
If you're that worried about it then I could mostly keep it to myself, but since I can grab the iOS assets I could rip the higher quality textures for the full character art too. Places like MMKB use the assets from the Android version, which are very visibly compressed, because the iOS textures are harder to obtain. The Drive isn't very public either, but that's not to say I don't understand these concerns still. I certainly wouldn't want people to have to put in more effort to decrypt this game's files.

dOrOganWilson
ultra-n00b

Post by dOrOganWilson » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:27 pm

what tool do you use to view the data? i have found the list of files but i can't view it by UnityEX

dOrOganWilson
ultra-n00b

[Unity] (Rockman X Dive) need help about .file

Post by dOrOganWilson » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:39 am

please help me read those .file from Rockman X Dive. i have used many program such as UABE, AssetStudio,etc but i can't read those files
It comes with a bunch of files with no extension. it seems to be encrypted into another type. please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.