Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Cethleann now can also extract any LINKDATA pair (.IDX and .BIN file) by providing --idx and --bin values to Koei.DataExporter's arguments
i.e. for Dragon Quest Heroes you would call

Code: Select all

Koei.DataExporter.exe --idx LINKDATA --bin LINKDATA "InstallDir" "ExportDir"
Cethleann now can also extract RDB files from both Windows (Dead or Alive 6, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14) and Switch (Persona 5 Scramble) using the new Softness.DataExporter.exe tool.

Code: Select all

Softness.DataExporter.exe -g Scramble ExportDir DirectoryWithRDBs
It's important to pass "-g GameId" when exporting RDBs as files have hashed filenames. Currently I only have a partial Dead or Alive 6 filelist (from rdbtool)

GDL
advanced
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by GDL » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am

the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

GDL wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am
the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
The wav files are MSADPCM streams, VLC can play it, as can PotPlayer. However the tool can convert these to normal WAV files. Do not run the unbundler with --pcm if you want it converted to 16-bit PCM. The default is enabled so invoking that option will disable the functionality.

If all else fails, try vgmstream as that has support for SED files now.

GDL
advanced
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by GDL » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Yretenai wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
GDL wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am
the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
The wav files are MSADPCM streams, VLC can play it, as can PotPlayer. However the tool can convert these to normal WAV files. Do not run the unbundler with --pcm if you want it converted to 16-bit PCM. The default is enabled so invoking that option will disable the functionality.

If all else fails, try vgmstream as that has support for SED files now.
Got it, thx :D

EDIT:

Ok, this was weird, if you try to play the previous example the voice is all jumbled, like if someone was speaking inside a metal pipe and all audio was being unbundled like that, even playing them from the sed file gave me just a bunch of weird voices in every media player.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect it the culprit was overwriting previous versions of your tool, all I've been doing is getting the latest release and unzipping the new files over the old ones and then this started happening, after a fresh unzipping from the latest release to a new folder everything extracted fine. :?

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:59 am

GDL wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm
Yretenai wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
GDL wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am
the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
The wav files are MSADPCM streams, VLC can play it, as can PotPlayer. However the tool can convert these to normal WAV files. Do not run the unbundler with --pcm if you want it converted to 16-bit PCM. The default is enabled so invoking that option will disable the functionality.

If all else fails, try vgmstream as that has support for SED files now.
Got it, thx :D

EDIT:

Ok, this was weird, if you try to play the previous example the voice is all jumbled, like if someone was speaking inside a metal pipe and all audio was being unbundled like that, even playing them from the sed file gave me just a bunch of weird voices in every media player.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect it the culprit was overwriting previous versions of your tool, all I've been doing is getting the latest release and unzipping the new files over the old ones and then this started happening, after a fresh unzipping from the latest release to a new folder everything extracted fine. :?
does the sed file start with im_?

GDL
advanced
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by GDL » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am

Yretenai wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
does the sed file start with im_?
Not sure, all I see is a bunch of wav files with numeric values but playing the im_ sed files seem to all sound like that

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 am

GDL wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
Yretenai wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
does the sed file start with im_?
Not sure, all I see is a bunch of wav files with numeric values but playing the im_ sed files seem to all sound like that
sed files starting with im_ are "impostor" sound files, used by AI
the normal VOX starts with p_

GDL
advanced
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by GDL » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:47 am

Yretenai wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 am
GDL wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
Yretenai wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
does the sed file start with im_?
Not sure, all I see is a bunch of wav files with numeric values but playing the im_ sed files seem to all sound like that
sed files starting with im_ are "impostor" sound files, used by AI
the normal VOX starts with p_
D'oh! No wonder (:

Crazy31139
advanced
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Crazy31139 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:05 pm

Sorry, i dont understand how i can extract Nioh using this tool
Please make little tutorial, thanx

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Crazy31139 wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:05 pm
Sorry, i dont understand how i can extract Nioh using this tool
Please make little tutorial, thanx
No.
Besides, Nioh is broken rn.

demonslayerx8
veteran
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by demonslayerx8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am

So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD
Image
Image

update:
got it to work, but with issues
Image
Image

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am

demonslayerx8 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am
So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD

update:
got it to work, but with issues
DW8 has the same problem as DW9. IDK when I'll have those fixed.

demonslayerx8
veteran
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by demonslayerx8 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Yretenai wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am
demonslayerx8 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am
So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD

update:
got it to work, but with issues
DW8 has the same problem as DW9. IDK when I'll have those fixed.
oh alright, no problem.

Update:
I can confirm that the Koei.DataExporter works fine with Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate [switch]

User avatar
Yretenai
veteran
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

demonslayerx8 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:55 pm
I can confirm that the Koei.DataExporter works fine with Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate [switch]

that's good to know.

User avatar
einherjar007
veteran
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 am
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by einherjar007 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Thanks for a awesome tool.

I asked a question because it was listed in the --game option. Is DOAXVV supported?

Post Reply