Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Seyren
advanced

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Seyren » Fri May 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Yretenai wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:57 am

DFFNT's storage and encryption is not the issue, but it's the underlying engine systems.
A lot of the """dynamic""" data is defined in ECB files which change structure frequently (also from file to file)
Graphical formats cannot be exported as of right now either.

But yes, it should be relatively easy to repack game assets. All I have to do is determine how they calculate the checksum.
That would be awesome if you could! Even if 3D models can't be done for now, anything we can do to play around with the game would be a blessing, thank you so much for the answer!

hellacopters
ultra-n00b

Post by hellacopters » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Being that this thread is a great resource for all Koei Tecmo games, I figured this would be best the place to post about my on gong mission with Dissidia Opera Omnia.

For a while now I've been running a fan site where I post character information and resources. The biggest drag is that there is no direct way to access this information other than copying it from in game, because the game doesn't store this information in its local files.

I recently captured some api calls and wanted to see if I could get some direction on the best way to go about decrypting them. Decompile the dex? Load the .so file into IDA pro? Capture the game's memory after it's decrypted them? This is the info I'm looking for and it's super frustrating being this close yet so far :[

Maybe someone else out there has taken a look around or is familiar with how KT works and could give me a head start.

Thanks!

Seyren
advanced

Post by Seyren » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Vagonumero13 has been commisioned by a Deviantart user to make a modder for NT, it can be downloaded here:
https://www.deviantart.com/monkeygigabu ... -845032207

So it's technically possible to mod the game now with this, i will look into it and see if he makes any upgrades.

Maybe this tool can help in any way the swiss knife? Just wanted to put it here because i think it's an important achievement!

Yretenai
advanced

Post by Yretenai » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 pm

hellacopters wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:58 pm
Being that this thread is a great resource for all Koei Tecmo games, I figured this would be best the place to post about my on gong mission with Dissidia Opera Omnia.

For a while now I've been running a fan site where I post character information and resources. The biggest drag is that there is no direct way to access this information other than copying it from in game, because the game doesn't store this information in its local files.

I recently captured some api calls and wanted to see if I could get some direction on the best way to go about decrypting them. Decompile the dex? Load the .so file into IDA pro? Capture the game's memory after it's decrypted them? This is the info I'm looking for and it's super frustrating being this close yet so far :[

Maybe someone else out there has taken a look around or is familiar with how KT works and could give me a head start.

Thanks!
The game downloads files from a server (I can DM you this) but the filelist it downloads is encrypted using an AES key.

I don't know how to get the decryption key on android.

Yretenai
advanced

Post by Yretenai » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:15 pm

Seyren wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 pm
Vagonumero13 has been commisioned by a Deviantart user to make a modder for NT, it can be downloaded here:
https://www.deviantart.com/monkeygigabu ... -845032207

So it's technically possible to mod the game now with this, i will look into it and see if he makes any upgrades.

Maybe this tool can help in any way the swiss knife? Just wanted to put it here because i think it's an important achievement!
Maybe. I'm still considering adding a DFFNT repacker, but I really want to control ECB files because if I can do that we'll be able to add files into DFFNT rather than replace stuff. That said for DFFNT to be moddable with Cethleann you'd need a G1T and G1M exporter. That said Ceth can dump files for you to potentially mod.

It's a lot of work and IDK if I have the motiviation atm.

Yretenai
advanced

Post by Yretenai » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Build 54 adds a new tool DataProcessor which is a development tool to processes structures.
Along with that it adds support for new Nioh 2 RESPACK bundles and fixes a lot of bugs.

Previous changes: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&p=160886#p160886