Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Unreal Engine 4 - AES Encryption Key

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
claw106
ultra-n00b

Unreal Engine 4 - AES Encryption Key

Post by claw106 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi,
I've been doing a lot of googling and I've decided to make my own post in the hopes of someone being able to help me.

Long story short, someone has released an early access game with a few stolen assets. I'm preparing to attempt to, for lack of a better term, screw up his life. I just want to make 100% sure that the assets are mine. I'm aware that ripping assets is illegal in it's self, but if I can just verify they are mine I'll take in-game screenshots.

I've tried umodel and quickbms. The latter gives me errors, i've tried multiple bms scripts. Umodel complains that it's encrypted. I hear on other forums that theres a way to get said AES key, and I've also tried multiple methods but I can't seem to get it.

Would anyone be able to help me?

lorp
ultra-n00b

Re: Unreal Engine 4 - AES Encryption Key

Post by lorp » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm

upload the large exe

mobigo86
ultra-n00b

Re: Unreal Engine 4 - AES Encryption Key

Post by mobigo86 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 pm

I guess the guy solved his issue but I am having the same problem man, Windows Debugger is just something im not good at, i've tried like hell so many times but i cant find it. Can you help me Lorp if I upload the files you need? I know it can be done with Windows Debugger and then finding the key in the Dump after you find which call to follow and its in hex ofcourse and needs conveted to ASCII, that part is no sweat if I can just find the key lol.