Splinter Cell 3-4 Animations Extract is impossible?????

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
3A2watup
ultra-n00b

Splinter Cell 3-4 Animations Extract is impossible?????

Post by 3A2watup » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello! I would like to answer the community what needs to be done so people can access and use splinter cell 3-4 (Chaos Theory and Double Agent) animations. Those files are in .ukx format, engine is Unreal Engine 2.5 if i'm not mistaken
I have files here from SC Double Agent PC like:
Emile.ukx
ESam.ukx
npc.ukx
CoopAnims.ukx

I tried opening them with Umodel but with errors and I saw it's not supported. I would like to use those animations in game engines like Unreal Engine 4.
I've heard those files are like 'encrypted' and there's no way to really use them. Is that really the case? Or would we need some real effort that would cost time? If there's something that could be done I'm interested in it.
please any help is highly appreciated.

3A2watup
ultra-n00b

Re: Splinter Cell 3-4 Animations Extract is impossible?????

Post by 3A2watup » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:09 am

BUMP!
Anyone? Really guys any help would be awesome! Those games have really good animations.

Highflex
beginner

Post by Highflex » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Usually animation formats require a lot of effort to reverse, it also depends on how far Ubisoft scattered from the usual animation format used in unreal engine. I may give it a try if i find the time for it. In most cases figuring out how pos/rot is packed is quite time consuming due to quantization and other techniques.

3A2watup
ultra-n00b

Post by 3A2watup » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you for your answer! So it seems it should be possible but really time-consuming. Is there any documentation about this? So I could try to learn? It would be really cool to see those animations inside Unreal Engine 4.