READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Battlefield V .cas .cat

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
idchoppers
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 11:12 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by idchoppers » Wed May 29, 2019 1:00 pm

I was able to extract all chunks and ebx files, but no res due to the error in my previous post. I looked at the BFVdecoder.py and there is no mention to any res... is it really necessary?

Anyway, I tried to decode and nothing happens:

Code: Select all

Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================
>>> 
XAS1 dll detected.
EASpeex dll detected.
EALayer3 tool detected.
>>> 
Any ideas?

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:41 am

What game are you working on though, I am confused, STAR WARS Battlefront II?
The BFV audio script is not working with SWBFII game to decode audio. Assuming that's the game your working on.

idchoppers
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 11:12 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by idchoppers » Fri May 31, 2019 7:03 am

mono24 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:41 am
What game are you working on though, I am confused, STAR WARS Battlefront II?
The BFV audio script is not working with SWBFII game to decode audio. Assuming that's the game your working on.
Yes, Star Wars Battlefront II. Is there any other script that is working? I had partial luck with this one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... perFix.rar the script inside the Audio folder decodes 33 WAV files (Titan mode music) out of 18,000 files. Here's how it looks like:

Image

Files inside green rectangles were decoded. Red ones (the vast majority) nothing happened. Any ideas?

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Don't remember where it is exactly, daemon1 posted it here in his main thread, the audio decoder script, just take one page at a time and see his posts, its in there somewhere:
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114

good luck

User avatar
Damoclès
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by Damoclès » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:24 pm

You can now easily extract sounds, models with the FrostyEditor.

https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/downloads.html

Fnftab
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:06 am

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by Fnftab » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 am

I read all comments but i need experts help. Will this scrpt works on crkd vr. of bf5. I tried but while extracting chunks it gave some failed process. And i only got chunks folder of around 38 gb.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Fnftab wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 am
while extracting chunks it gave some failed process.
Post a screenshot of the error.

hbelouf
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by hbelouf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm

I wanted to find out if there are any videos(FMVs) embedded inside?

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:03 pm

hbelouf wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm
I wanted to find out if there are any videos(FMVs) embedded inside?
Not sure what you mean by embedded, their just inside the cas/cat archives.
If I remember correctly they should all be VP8/WEBM videos.
This is a random sample:

Code: Select all

Format                      : WebM
Format version              : Version 2
File size                   : 527 MiB
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable
Overall bit rate            : 17.2 Mb/s
Writing application         : Lavf56.40.101
Writing library             : Lavf56.40.101

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : VP8
Codec ID                    : V_VP8
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate                    : 16.1 Mb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 30.000 FPS
Compression mode            : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.259
Stream size                 : 492 MiB (93%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor      : 1 / 8710
Codec ID                    : A_VORBIS
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 450 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 6 channels
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : -3 ms
Stream size                 : 13.8 MiB (3%)
Writing application         : Lavc56.58.100
Writing library             : libVorbis (⛄⛄⛄⛄) (20150105 (⛄⛄⛄⛄))
Language                    : English
Default                     : No
Forced                      : No

hbelouf
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by hbelouf » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:36 am

mono24 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:03 pm
hbelouf wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm
I wanted to find out if there are any videos(FMVs) embedded inside?
Not sure what you mean by embedded, their just inside the cas/cat archives.
If I remember correctly they should all be VP8/WEBM videos.
This is a random sample:

Code: Select all

Format                      : WebM
Format version              : Version 2
File size                   : 527 MiB
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable
Overall bit rate            : 17.2 Mb/s
Writing application         : Lavf56.40.101
Writing library             : Lavf56.40.101

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : VP8
Codec ID                    : V_VP8
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate                    : 16.1 Mb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 30.000 FPS
Compression mode            : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.259
Stream size                 : 492 MiB (93%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor      : 1 / 8710
Codec ID                    : A_VORBIS
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 450 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 6 channels
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : -3 ms
Stream size                 : 13.8 MiB (3%)
Writing application         : Lavc56.58.100
Writing library             : libVorbis (⛄⛄⛄⛄) (20150105 (⛄⛄⛄⛄))
Language                    : English
Default                     : No
Forced                      : No

Thank you, that is what I am looking for. :up:

BRAGme
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 am

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by BRAGme » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Not sure what you mean by embedded, their just inside the cas/cat archives.
If I remember correctly they should all be VP8/WEBM videos.
This is a random sample:

Code: Select all

Format                      : WebM
Format version              : Version 2
File size                   : 527 MiB
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable
Overall bit rate            : 17.2 Mb/s
Writing application         : Lavf56.40.101
Writing library             : Lavf56.40.101

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : VP8
Codec ID                    : V_VP8
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate                    : 16.1 Mb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 30.000 FPS
Compression mode            : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.259
Stream size                 : 492 MiB (93%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor      : 1 / 8710
Codec ID                    : A_VORBIS
Duration                    : 4 min 16 s
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 450 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 6 channels
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : -3 ms
Stream size                 : 13.8 MiB (3%)
Writing application         : Lavc56.58.100
Writing library             : libVorbis (⛄⛄⛄⛄) (20150105 (⛄⛄⛄⛄))
Language                    : English
Default                     : No
Forced                      : No
Im wondering where do you extract these files? Can i use FrostyEditor to get them?

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:22 am

BRAGme wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Im wondering where do you extract these files? Can i use FrostyEditor to get them?
BTW, you didn't properly embedded my message in to CODE and I got sooo confused lol.

As Frosty dev said numerous times, Frosty will never be used for mass extraction of any kind, you need to use the python script to dump them, or any other asset for that matter.
And to be honest I don't think Frosty supports the extraction of cinematic videos.

BRAGme
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:28 am

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by BRAGme » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:19 pm

mono24 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:22 am
BRAGme wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:34 pm
Im wondering where do you extract these files? Can i use FrostyEditor to get them?
BTW, you didn't properly embedded my message in to CODE and I got sooo confused lol.

As Frosty dev said numerous times, Frosty will never be used for mass extraction of any kind, you need to use the python script to dump them, or any other asset for that matter.
And to be honest I don't think Frosty supports the extraction of cinematic videos.
Oh sorry the auto quote was messed up lol. So im trying to use the fb3 decoder and im getting this error, what is wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Battlefield V .cas .cat

Post by mono24 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 am

BRAGme wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:19 pm
So im trying to use the fb3 decoder and im getting this error, what is wrong?
Ummm, looks like your using wrong one, you need this: viewtopic.php?p=146185#p146185

Post Reply