READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Opening Android Game Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
offering7866
advanced

Opening Android Game Files

Post by offering7866 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi there. I need someone to help me open these files I extracted from a mobile game called Toukiden Mononofu. I'm not very familiar with the format, so could anyone help me out here, please?

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Opening Android Game Files

Post by Bigchillghost » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:39 am

Files seem to be compressed. Are these the original archives?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:Files seem to be compressed. Are these the original archives?
By creating a back-up file (AB format) with Helium and converting it into a TAR file using Android Backup Extractor, I was able to extract the contents thanks to Aluigi's TAR BMS script. If you're willing to analyze the whole file for me, then I truly appreciate it. The file's AB and TAR versions can be downloaded here.

AB File Version: Link
TAR File Version: Link

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

So these are not the original game archives. And you got only tens of megabytes out of 800 MB of data pack?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 am

Bigchillghost wrote:So these are not the original game archives. And you got only tens of megabytes out of 800 MB of data pack?
What I provided in the first post of this topic was a fraction of what I unpacked thanks to Aluigi's script. TarTool.exe can't seem to unpack it due to some error involving one of the files. I could share with you the whole archive that got unpacked, though that may take a lot more time to download. Would that be fine with you?

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:17 pm

There's one thing that always need to be clear: what kind of assets do you expect from the game?

Tried to unpack the tar archive with aluigi's script but the naming issues just keep pestering me so I have to terminate the process.

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:There's one thing that always need to be clear: what kind of assets do you expect from the game?

Tried to unpack the tar archive with aluigi's script but the naming issues just keep pestering me so I have to terminate the process.
All I want is to rip the 2D graphics and 3D models from this game for personal use. I bypassed the naming issue by changing their default names. The files I unpacked are right here: link

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:42 pm

offering7866 wrote:The files I unpacked are right here
Same as those you'd uploaded before. You can't tell what these files are, and the data could be compressed or encrypted or whatever, at least I didn't see any helpful info there.