Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Opening Android Game Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
offering7866
advanced

Opening Android Game Files

Post by offering7866 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi there. I need someone to help me open these files I extracted from a mobile game called Toukiden Mononofu. I'm not very familiar with the format, so could anyone help me out here, please?

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Opening Android Game Files

Post by Bigchillghost » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:39 am

Files seem to be compressed. Are these the original archives?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:Files seem to be compressed. Are these the original archives?
By creating a back-up file (AB format) with Helium and converting it into a TAR file using Android Backup Extractor, I was able to extract the contents thanks to Aluigi's TAR BMS script. If you're willing to analyze the whole file for me, then I truly appreciate it. The file's AB and TAR versions can be downloaded here.

AB File Version: Link
TAR File Version: Link

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm

So these are not the original game archives. And you got only tens of megabytes out of 800 MB of data pack?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 am

Bigchillghost wrote:So these are not the original game archives. And you got only tens of megabytes out of 800 MB of data pack?
What I provided in the first post of this topic was a fraction of what I unpacked thanks to Aluigi's script. TarTool.exe can't seem to unpack it due to some error involving one of the files. I could share with you the whole archive that got unpacked, though that may take a lot more time to download. Would that be fine with you?

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:17 pm

There's one thing that always need to be clear: what kind of assets do you expect from the game?

Tried to unpack the tar archive with aluigi's script but the naming issues just keep pestering me so I have to terminate the process.

offering7866
advanced

Post by offering7866 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:There's one thing that always need to be clear: what kind of assets do you expect from the game?

Tried to unpack the tar archive with aluigi's script but the naming issues just keep pestering me so I have to terminate the process.
All I want is to rip the 2D graphics and 3D models from this game for personal use. I bypassed the naming issue by changing their default names. The files I unpacked are right here: link

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:42 pm

offering7866 wrote:The files I unpacked are right here
Same as those you'd uploaded before. You can't tell what these files are, and the data could be compressed or encrypted or whatever, at least I didn't see any helpful info there.