READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
GRiNDERKILLER
advanced
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by GRiNDERKILLER » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 pm

CarLuver69 wrote: I was mostly referring to the "FC5 Unpacker" I have, it fails to extract some archives properly which results in tons of "corrupted" files. But I think Ekey's unpacker looks more promising, so I'll give that a shot and see if it's any better.
Fun fact: FC5 Unpacker is Ekey's unpacker. And it does job pretty well if you have right filenames.
BTW you probably used the old one with GUI which has a bug with decompression or something.

Knmpm111
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Knmpm111 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:44 am

More info about porting characters for you guys.

The "\wardrobe\suit" folder does not contain villains outfits for "villains". It contains outfits for player available in the game to wear.

Image

So... those who do not have any files in "\wardrobe\suit" after unpacking DAT files have the game outdated. These "suits" came with one of the updates and are not linked to the actual villains.

The actual villains have their "parts" in their respective folders ("\wardrobe\head", "\wardrobe\top", "\wardrobe\hair" etc.) (example for hair: "\graphics\_common\characters\fc5\wardrobe\hair\lieu").
If you are looking for John Seed - search "lieu001" and "lieu01" (he is "lieutenant" number "1", Jacob is "2", Faith is "3", Joseph is "4"), find '.xbg' parts, import them with volfin's importer, import the body and textures ('.bwsk', '.dpdx' and '.xbt' files - I don't have any idea how to operate with generic parts, most of you guys here will probably know).


EDIT: Ekey's latest version of unpacker on page 17
Last edited by Knmpm111 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by connorukboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 am

[quote="Knmpm111"]More info about porting characters for you guys.

The "\wardrobe\suit" folder does not contain villains outfits for "villains". It contains outfits for player available in the game to wear.

Image

So... those who do not have any files in "\wardrobe\suit" after unpacking DAT files have the game outdated. These "suits" came with one of the updates and are not linked to the actual villains.

The actual villains have their "parts" in their respective folders ("\wardrobe\head", "\wardrobe\top", "\wardrobe\hair" etc.) (example for hair: "\graphics\_common\characters\fc5\wardrobe\hair\lieu").
If you are looking for John Seed - search "lieu001" and "lieu01" (he is "lieutenant" number "1", Jacob is "2", Faith is "3", Joseph is "4"), find '.xbg' parts, import them with volfin's importer, import the body and textures ('.bwsk', '.dpdx' and '.xbt' files - I don't have any idea how to operate with generic parts, most of you guys here will probably know).


Ekey's latest version of unpacker here (temporarily shared by volfin under this link):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dK9i5g ... sp=sharing[/quote

how do i get this unpacker to work, what do i have to do?

Knmpm111
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Knmpm111 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

connorukboy wrote:how do i get this unpacker to work, what do i have to do?
Create .bat file and paste this:

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker D:\fc5files\common.fat D:\fc5files
pause

Change path to your .fat files, change .fat names (in order) and set unpack destination folder.
Remember to extract it in exact order volfin showed on page 13.

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by connorukboy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Knmpm111 wrote:
connorukboy wrote:how do i get this unpacker to work, what do i have to do?
Create .bat file and paste this:

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker D:\fc5files\common.fat D:\fc5files
pause

Change path to your .fat files, change .fat names (in order) and set unpack destination folder.
Remember to extract it in exact order volfin showed on page 13.
anyone who can rip Joseph seed full model, i will paypal 10 dollars :)

llazyneiph
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by llazyneiph » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Took me all day but I finally got all the files unpacked and stuff.
Thought I would share a few pics of the models because I love them!

Image
(I know his hair is the wrong colour lol)
Image
Image
Image

Only textured Jacob for now since he's my favorite, but I need to find out how to convert the rest of the .xbt files to .dds
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried Dunia Tools, Gibbed Tools, and Kodi.Texture to no avail

If I've missed something on the thread about converting these, would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me! :D
(I'm a total n00b at this, so I really appreciate any help!)

edit: same goes for the bwsk files, if anyone knows anything about them, would be much appreciated!

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:40 pm

llazyneiph wrote:Took me all day but I finally got all the files unpacked and stuff.
Thought I would share a few pics of the models because I love them!

Only textured Jacob for now since he's my favorite, but I need to find out how to convert the rest of the .xbt files to .dds
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried Dunia Tools, Gibbed Tools, and Kodi.Texture to no avail

If I've missed something on the thread about converting these, would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me! :D
(I'm a total n00b at this, so I really appreciate any help!)

edit: same goes for the bwsk files, if anyone knows anything about them, would be much appreciated!
As I mentioned the textures are the same as previous far cry games. In fact, the format is the same as far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry Primal. So there's already tons of tools to convert them. I am simply too lazy to do the searching for you :P

Converting is even something you can do yourself, it's just cutting off the first 36 bytes of the file.
Image
Cut off everything up to the letters DDS, and poof, it's a DDS file.


EDIT: I checked my library of tools on my hard drive, and I found the texture tool I use. you used to be able to DL it here:
https://robertrouhani.wordpress.com/201 ... y-2-stuff/

But since his link is broken, I'll attach a copy here. It Batch converts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

llazyneiph
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by llazyneiph » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:57 pm

volfin wrote:
llazyneiph wrote:Took me all day but I finally got all the files unpacked and stuff.
Thought I would share a few pics of the models because I love them!

Only textured Jacob for now since he's my favorite, but I need to find out how to convert the rest of the .xbt files to .dds
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried Dunia Tools, Gibbed Tools, and Kodi.Texture to no avail

If I've missed something on the thread about converting these, would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me! :D
(I'm a total n00b at this, so I really appreciate any help!)

edit: same goes for the bwsk files, if anyone knows anything about them, would be much appreciated!
As I mentioned the textures are the same as previous far cry games. In fact, the format is the same as far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry Primal. So there's already tons of tools to convert them. I am simply too lazy to do the searching for you :P


Converting is even something you can do yourself, it's just cutting off the first 36 bytes of the file.
Image
Cut off everything up to the letters DDS, and poof, it's a DDS file.


EDIT: I checked my library of tools on my hard drive, and I found the texture tool I use. you can DL it here:
https://robertrouhani.wordpress.com/201 ... y-2-stuff/

Batch converts.
Ahhh thats so funny, literally as you posted this I figured out my own way!

Basically I converted the .xbt using 'xbt2dds', then that gave me a DX10 dds (i think, like I said, i'm a n00b!), and after some research I realised you can't open those in photoshop yet, so I had to open it in Noesis and convert it to a .png... Bit of a roundabout way to go but I got it done in the end [roll]
I will try the program you linked though, since it'll probably be easier lmao

thanks for replying and for everything on this thread! :D

edit: just checked out your link, and just wanted to give a heads up that the link on the page says 'site can't be reached' :o

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by connorukboy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:00 pm

llazyneiph wrote:
volfin wrote:
llazyneiph wrote:Took me all day but I finally got all the files unpacked and stuff.
Thought I would share a few pics of the models because I love them!

Only textured Jacob for now since he's my favorite, but I need to find out how to convert the rest of the .xbt files to .dds
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried Dunia Tools, Gibbed Tools, and Kodi.Texture to no avail

If I've missed something on the thread about converting these, would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me! :D
(I'm a total n00b at this, so I really appreciate any help!)

edit: same goes for the bwsk files, if anyone knows anything about them, would be much appreciated!
As I mentioned the textures are the same as previous far cry games. In fact, the format is the same as far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry Primal. So there's already tons of tools to convert them. I am simply too lazy to do the searching for you :P


Converting is even something you can do yourself, it's just cutting off the first 36 bytes of the file.
Image
Cut off everything up to the letters DDS, and poof, it's a DDS file.


EDIT: I checked my library of tools on my hard drive, and I found the texture tool I use. you can DL it here:
https://robertrouhani.wordpress.com/201 ... y-2-stuff/

Batch converts.
Ahhh thats so funny, literally as you posted this I figured out my own way!

Basically I converted the .xbt using 'xbt2dds', then that gave me a DX10 dds (i think, like I said, i'm a n00b!), and after some research I realised you can't open those in photoshop yet, so I had to open it in Noesis and convert it to a .png... Bit of a roundabout way to go but I got it done in the end [roll]
I will try the program you linked though, since it'll probably be easier lmao

thanks for replying and for everything on this thread! :D

edit: just checked out your link, and just wanted to give a heads up that the link on the page says 'site can't be reached' :o


would you be able to share the joseph model as obj with textures if you manage to do that pls?

MAESTRE
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by MAESTRE » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 am

volfin wrote:
llazyneiph wrote:Took me all day but I finally got all the files unpacked and stuff.
Thought I would share a few pics of the models because I love them!

Only textured Jacob for now since he's my favorite, but I need to find out how to convert the rest of the .xbt files to .dds
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've tried Dunia Tools, Gibbed Tools, and Kodi.Texture to no avail

If I've missed something on the thread about converting these, would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me! :D
(I'm a total n00b at this, so I really appreciate any help!)

edit: same goes for the bwsk files, if anyone knows anything about them, would be much appreciated!
As I mentioned the textures are the same as previous far cry games. In fact, the format is the same as far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry Primal. So there's already tons of tools to convert them. I am simply too lazy to do the searching for you :P

Converting is even something you can do yourself, it's just cutting off the first 36 bytes of the file.
Image
Cut off everything up to the letters DDS, and poof, it's a DDS file.


EDIT: I checked my library of tools on my hard drive, and I found the texture tool I use. you used to be able to DL it here:
https://robertrouhani.wordpress.com/201 ... y-2-stuff/

But since his link is broken, I'll attach a copy here. It Batch converts.
Hi, I'm new on this Far Cry's ripping world. I'm getting a problem with your python script (the importer script). I know that is something that I'm missing or a mistake I'm doing because everybody are able to import character's mesh to their Blender.


First of all, If I just click on install from file, it doesn't add anything to my Blender.
So I just installed it on /AppData/Roaming Blender's script folder, XNALara is stored there so I don't think there's an error here.


Once I do that, I'm able to enable your script. But the problem is when I want to import some character's mesh, it just crashes my Blender, not even an error log.


I don't even own Far Cry 5 lol, but a friend is helping me out, he gave me the files so I don't really know if I need something like those .lua scripts.


I just have .bwsk, .xbg, .xbt and a folder with the character's id name with another .xbg file and a .skeleton file.
It was easy to convert the textures files to DDS with you handy hex trick, but when I want to import an .xbg file, like I said, my Blender crashes.


I'm using Blender 2.78v x64.

llazyneiph
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by llazyneiph » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Does anyone actually know what the .bwsk files are?
I'm looking at some of the shoe files, and since the .bwsk files are in a subfolder named '_items', I assume they're meshes?

How the heck do you open these things? I literally can't find a single thing online about them.

llazyneiph
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by llazyneiph » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:17 pm

Maestre, did you try to install it using the actual file or the zipped folder it came in?
Because it needs to be installed in user preferences using the zipped folder
just checking :)

ayobhd
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:09 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by ayobhd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:02 pm

volfin wrote:
brucektrain wrote:What Unpacked Folder or .dat/.fat where's all the cars (Vehicles) is stored? and Anybody knows there's updated of Blender importer (XBG) *since it's not importing seperate objects or deformed mesh* or Lastest Unpacker. Also How Can I convert Textures? I need it make Separate Mesh so i can work on Door Animations, Gauges Animations to Work for Assetto Corsa. :P

Start here and read the thread: viewtopic.php?p=141756#p141756

I assume you're talking about the old importer for Far Cry 4, Primal, because mine is up to date, I just fricking wrote it. :P And I seriously doubt anyone will ever do 'deformed mesh'.

vehicles are under 'graphics/vehicles'

As for textures, they didn't change from Far Cry 3/ Far Cry 4 / Far Cry Primal. so you need the tool from that which can unpack the texture.LOD files. (i don't recall where to find it, honestly)
where's all the language files (subtitle) is stored? Farcry 5 ...

mlleemiles
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by mlleemiles » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:16 pm

ayobhd wrote: where's all the language files (subtitle) is stored? Farcry 5 ...
oasisstrings.oasis.bin

you can't edit the file because it is encrypted

ayobhd
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:09 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by ayobhd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:50 pm

mlleemiles wrote:
ayobhd wrote: where's all the language files (subtitle) is stored? Farcry 5 ...
oasisstrings.oasis.bin

you can't edit the file because it is encrypted
a cant find the files :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply