Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Alexxxxxxx
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Alexxxxxxx » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi guys! Prompt, and whether there is a converter XBT in DDS
As I understand, converters from other parts of Far Cry do not work

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:25 pm

connorukboy wrote:would you be able to upload a character like joseph seed :scaredy:
nope sorry. I just make the tools. :P

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by connorukboy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:11 pm

volfin wrote:
connorukboy wrote:would you be able to upload a character like joseph seed :scaredy:
nope sorry. I just make the tools. :P
well tbh with your tools can someone now have the ability to upload characters ?

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:14 pm

connorukboy wrote:
volfin wrote:
connorukboy wrote:would you be able to upload a character like joseph seed :scaredy:
nope sorry. I just make the tools. :P
well tbh with your tools can someone now have the ability to upload characters ?
I"m sure ppl will in the usual places.

brucektrain
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by brucektrain » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

What Unpacked Folder or .dat/.fat where's all the cars (Vehicles) is stored? and Anybody knows there's updated of Blender importer (XBG) *since it's not importing seperate objects or deformed mesh* or Lastest Unpacker. Also How Can I convert Textures? I need it make Separate Mesh so i can work on Door Animations, Gauges Animations to Work for Assetto Corsa. :P

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:51 pm

brucektrain wrote:What Unpacked Folder or .dat/.fat where's all the cars (Vehicles) is stored? and Anybody knows there's updated of Blender importer (XBG) *since it's not importing seperate objects or deformed mesh* or Lastest Unpacker. Also How Can I convert Textures? I need it make Separate Mesh so i can work on Door Animations, Gauges Animations to Work for Assetto Corsa. :P

Start here and read the thread: viewtopic.php?p=141756#p141756

I assume you're talking about the old importer for Far Cry 4, Primal, because mine is up to date, I just fricking wrote it. :P And I seriously doubt anyone will ever do 'deformed mesh'.

vehicles are under 'graphics/vehicles'

As for textures, they didn't change from Far Cry 3/ Far Cry 4 / Far Cry Primal. so you need the tool from that which can unpack the texture.LOD files. (i don't recall where to find it, honestly)

brucektrain
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by brucektrain » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:26 am

volfin wrote:
brucektrain wrote:What Unpacked Folder or .dat/.fat where's all the cars (Vehicles) is stored? and Anybody knows there's updated of Blender importer (XBG) *since it's not importing seperate objects or deformed mesh* or Lastest Unpacker. Also How Can I convert Textures? I need it make Separate Mesh so i can work on Door Animations, Gauges Animations to Work for Assetto Corsa. :P

Start here and read the thread: viewtopic.php?p=141756#p141756

I assume you're talking about the old importer for Far Cry 4, Primal, because mine is up to date, I just fricking wrote it. :P And I seriously doubt anyone will ever do 'deformed mesh'.

vehicles are under 'graphics/vehicles'

As for textures, they didn't change from Far Cry 3/ Far Cry 4 / Far Cry Primal. so you need the tool from that which can unpack the texture.LOD files. (i don't recall where to find it, honestly)
When Imported to Blender. And Converted DDS textures shows Complete Black Blank.

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 pm

brucektrain wrote:
volfin wrote:
brucektrain wrote:What Unpacked Folder or .dat/.fat where's all the cars (Vehicles) is stored? and Anybody knows there's updated of Blender importer (XBG) *since it's not importing seperate objects or deformed mesh* or Lastest Unpacker. Also How Can I convert Textures? I need it make Separate Mesh so i can work on Door Animations, Gauges Animations to Work for Assetto Corsa. :P

Start here and read the thread: viewtopic.php?p=141756#p141756

I assume you're talking about the old importer for Far Cry 4, Primal, because mine is up to date, I just fricking wrote it. :P And I seriously doubt anyone will ever do 'deformed mesh'.

vehicles are under 'graphics/vehicles'

As for textures, they didn't change from Far Cry 3/ Far Cry 4 / Far Cry Primal. so you need the tool from that which can unpack the texture.LOD files. (i don't recall where to find it, honestly)
When Imported to Blender. And Converted DDS textures shows Complete Black Blank.

Yes as mentioned in the instructions post I directed you to, the DDS files are in DX10 format which blender does not support. you need to convert them using some other application that supports DX10 format first.

TrumpetPro
beginner
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:51 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by TrumpetPro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 am

Just a reminder that a Far Cry 5-specific packer in unnecessary, as the Far Cry Primal one works.

TrumpetPro
beginner
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:51 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by TrumpetPro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:42 am

daemon1 wrote:
volfin wrote: - Import full maps (don't even ask about this)
I did test exports of "the crew" maps, and i think far cry must be very close, if not identical to it, so its very possible. However I dont see why anybody may need maps for such game.
I don't care much about Far Cry 5 maps, but older games like Watch Dogs had some nice interiors I would love to get my hands on. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/watch ... 6/page-136 Even more similar to The Crew's engine than Far Cry 5, even though it has a different name. It's the Far Cry 3 engine with minor modifications.

Tythagoras
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Tythagoras » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 am

GRiNDERKILLER's file share of the ekey's unpack tool from page 12 seems to have expired. Could someone upload that again somewhere?

Also, has anyone explored getting the .ark.fcb files in entityarchetypeslibrary to convert to something one can edit? I can't seem to get anything useful out of the existing editors, I think they need string tables for FC5, but I don't know where to look for those.

Will FC5 even let me mod the damage the weapons do, once it gets re-packed and all?

User avatar
CarLuver69
advanced
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by CarLuver69 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:05 am

Tythagoras wrote:Also, has anyone explored getting the .ark.fcb files in entityarchetypeslibrary to convert to something one can edit? I can't seem to get anything useful out of the existing editors, I think they need string tables for FC5, but I don't know where to look for those.
Funny you mention that, I'm actually working on my tool called FCBastard as we speak! I'm currently in the middle of a huge rewrite, but any changes I commit can be found at the GitHub repository. You'll notice I called it "DisruptEd" thinking it was for the Watch_Dogs games, but I plan on renaming it eventually (since it supports all Dunia-based games!)

Now, as for the reason I came here, I'm simply requesting that whoever wrote the Far Cry 5 DAT Unpacker (I'm using V0.2.2-r9) to please make it so we can VIEW the .fat files WITHOUT extracting 500GB of data...the FC5.Lib.Dll is also literally just an unpacker (what a shock!) with absolutely no use outside of the accompanying unpacker itself. I'm sick of using 5 different tools for games that all use the same exact engine! Gibbed.Tools.Dunia, Gibbed.Tools.Dunia2, Gibbed.Tools.Disrupt...WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!

We need to get together and create what I'd refer to as FATMan, the all-in-one Dunia archive unpacker! I'll help if I need to, but holy shit is this driving me insane using different tools of differing qualities (some of which have the most annoying bugs on the planet)!

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by volfin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 am

CarLuver69 wrote:
Tythagoras wrote:Now, as for the reason I came here, I'm simply requesting that whoever wrote the Far Cry 5 DAT Unpacker (I'm using V0.2.2-r9) to please make it so we can VIEW the .fat files WITHOUT extracting 500GB of data...

He released the source code here: viewtopic.php?p=139736#p139736
have at it :)

Rick
Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:10 pm
Location: California
Been thanked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 am

CarLuver69 wrote:I'm sick of using 5 different tools for games that all use the same exact engine! Gibbed.Tools.Dunia, Gibbed.Tools.Dunia2, Gibbed.Tools.Disrupt...WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!
I chose to do that because the engine versions are distinct enough to have some differences. If I were to revisit it I would consider a single set of tools, but I would still be making game-specific tools for each of those since they have different variations on data formats when it comes to game-specific data (beyond archive format).

Edit: Also, you mention bugs. If this is bugs in my code I'd be happy to hear about them.
http://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.

User avatar
CarLuver69
advanced
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: California, USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by CarLuver69 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 am

volfin wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:
Tythagoras wrote:Now, as for the reason I came here, I'm simply requesting that whoever wrote the Far Cry 5 DAT Unpacker (I'm using V0.2.2-r9) to please make it so we can VIEW the .fat files WITHOUT extracting 500GB of data...

He released the source code here: viewtopic.php?p=139736#p139736
have at it :)
Hmm, that doesn't look like the one I was referring to -- but hey, that's better than nothing! Thanks!
Rick wrote:Also, you mention bugs. If this is bugs in my code I'd be happy to hear about them.
I was mostly referring to the "FC5 Unpacker" I have, it fails to extract some archives properly which results in tons of "corrupted" files. But I think Ekey's unpacker looks more promising, so I'll give that a shot and see if it's any better.

As for bugs in your tools, I believe it's some unknown files not being flagged correctly (XML for example), therefore missing an extension and easily missed when snooping around.

Latest beta of FCBastard!

Code: Select all

totally rewrote the loading/saving code
haven't implemented support for watch_dogs entitylibrary stuff yet though, sorry
now supports .rml and FCB2/FCB3 files properly
I should mention however that the write cache is currently broken, so .fcb files won't take advantage of cached data offsets (it'll write the same data in multiple places instead of referencing one place), so it may cause crashes if the file sizes differ too much

Post Reply