Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 829 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Ekey » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:26 am

iambosh wrote:it worked fine with farcry5.fat but for some reason the unpacker wants "common.dat" and "patch.dat" in "D:\" even tho the fat files are in the game directory with the unpacker files. They unpacked fine tho. Just weird.
Path "D:\" is just example. Choose yours paths to these files.

Ganic3000
advanced
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Ganic3000 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Example path for .bat:

Code: Select all

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker.exe C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj.fat C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj
pause

invasion101
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by invasion101 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm

sent pm ^^ :)

octaviousrex
veteran
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 2:58 pm
Location: united states
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by octaviousrex » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

would someone be kind enough to grab me the "revelator" the big ass armored truck from John seeds map? I may not be able to do much with it but I'd still love to have for future work. Thanks for your time.

tschiesas
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by tschiesas » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello guys, I'm trying to prolong the time for enemies being in wounded state (I would also like to give them more health, so they dont die with one shot when down in wounded state).
Can someone here point me in the right direction?

sunbeam906
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by sunbeam906 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 am

Here's the cleaner/decompiler: https://goo.gl/CZFS56. Just drag and drop either a single or multiple files over the GUI for the magix to happen (you will need JRE installed for the decompiler to work).

Also, here's the cleaned/decompiled Lua files from farcry5.dat: https://goo.gl/gf9B7c.
mlleemiles wrote:Can you post the Create box of the script you are talking about?
So.. what I was saying is the following:

- open all .lua files in Notepad++
- search for UnlimitedAmmo_v2

Result: cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/Coop/AllPlayers/UnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua");

^ Well, that file is not available in the mentioned path.

Another example -> "cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/ConsoleCommand_v3.lua")". I cannot find that "ConsoleCommand_v3.lua" in the extracted files. Either Ubi didn't ship it or it's hidden in some way :P

Ekey, any idea? If you force that path - domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua - in the definitions file, would the extractor pick-up that 'missing' script? :)

BR,
Sun

P.S.: Just checked FileNames.list. The entries are already in there, but the .lua scripts are not found/extracted :(

line 35821: domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua
line 35825: domino\system\coop\allplayers\unlimitedammo_v2.lua

invasion101
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by invasion101 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am

Ganic3000 wrote:Example path for .bat:

Code: Select all

@echo off
FC5.Unpacker.exe C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj.fat C:\FC\Unpacked\shadersobj
pause
sent you a pm ganic3000.

MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by MysteriousJojo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 am

I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?

mlleemiles
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by mlleemiles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 am

MysteriousJojo wrote:I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
It is available for download already, check the bottom of 6th page..

mlleemiles
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by mlleemiles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:27 am

sunbeam906 wrote:Here's the cleaner/decompiler: https://goo.gl/CZFS56. Just drag and drop either a single or multiple files over the GUI for the magix to happen (you will need JRE installed for the decompiler to work).

Also, here's the cleaned/decompiled Lua files from farcry5.dat: https://goo.gl/gf9B7c.
mlleemiles wrote:Can you post the Create box of the script you are talking about?
So.. what I was saying is the following:

- open all .lua files in Notepad++
- search for UnlimitedAmmo_v2

Result: cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/Coop/AllPlayers/UnlimitedAmmo_v2.lua");

^ Well, that file is not available in the mentioned path.

Another example -> "cboxRes:RegisterBox("Domino/System/ConsoleCommand_v3.lua")". I cannot find that "ConsoleCommand_v3.lua" in the extracted files. Either Ubi didn't ship it or it's hidden in some way :P

Ekey, any idea? If you force that path - domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua - in the definitions file, would the extractor pick-up that 'missing' script? :)

BR,
Sun

P.S.: Just checked FileNames.list. The entries are already in there, but the .lua scripts are not found/extracted :(

line 35821: domino\system\consolecommand_v3.lua
line 35825: domino\system\coop\allplayers\unlimitedammo_v2.lua
I happen to have these 2 extracted. See attached file.

Also, can you release a command line tool? Walking through each folder and dragging all the files aren't very fun to do :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by MysteriousJojo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

mlleemiles wrote:
MysteriousJojo wrote:I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
It is available for download already, check the bottom of 6th page..
It's not working with DAT extension.When i try to unpack FAT everything is OK but when it comes to DAT it just crashes and says "FC5.Unpacker stopped working."

mlleemiles
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by mlleemiles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am

MysteriousJojo wrote:
mlleemiles wrote:
MysteriousJojo wrote:I'm a little curious about DAT unpacker.I mean how it would look and when it will be available for downloading.Will it be like Disrupt extractor for WATCH_DOGS or CLI like FAT unpacker?
It is available for download already, check the bottom of 6th page..
It's not working with DAT extension.When i try to unpack FAT everything is OK but when it comes to DAT it just crashes and says "FC5.Unpacker stopped working."
Dude.. Have you been reading this thread at all?
You need choose FAT files, not DAT. FAT is File Allocation Table, DAT is package.
FAT is a file index for DAT, to unpack DAT you need a FAT.

MysteriousJojo
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by MysteriousJojo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 am

Okay, it worked. I though that it will be work like Gibbed Dunia2 Tools but i was wrong.

sunbeam906
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by sunbeam906 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm

mlleemiles wrote:I happen to have these 2 extracted. See attached file.

Also, can you release a command line tool? Walking through each folder and dragging all the files aren't very fun to do :(
Yeah, I know. I've done the hard part myself :D I'll see if I can tweak it to walk a root directory through sub-directories.

As far as the missing files: Ekey, why does the tool extract these for some people and not for everyone? A bug somewhere? Path size maybe?

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1649
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 829 times

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Ekey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:09 am

sunbeam906 wrote:As far as the missing files: Ekey, why does the tool extract these for some people and not for everyone? A bug somewhere? Path size maybe?
Because people do not read what i write, that's why they use it incorrectly :)

Post Reply