The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

How to extract models from .dat files ?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
gary
ultra-n00b

How to extract models from .dat files ?

Post by gary » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 am

Recently, I've downloaded and decompressed a game from NetEase.
But on my way to extract 3D models from the .npk files, I met some problem.

I extracted the .dat file and .xml. But I don't know how to extract the .dat.

I guess the models are in the .dat file because I opened the .dat files with UltraEdit and I saw some characters like "Biped" "bone", so I'm pretty sure that the .dat contains what I need.
As all I know, the game is developed by it's own engine named "NeoX".

Is there anyone who knows how to know what file it use and how to extract 3D models from the .dat file?

Appreciated UR help !!!

Here is the .apk file:
[color=#0000FF]https://h30.gdl.netease. ... k [/color]

and .dat file:
00003a86.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Re: How to extract models from .dat files ?

Post by Acewell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:52 am

00003a86_dat.png
there is a lot of data in that sample but i only see one block of indices so i guess there is no head in there :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gary
ultra-n00b

Post by gary » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:59 am

AceWell wrote:
00003a86_dat.png
there is a lot of data in that sample but i only see one block of indices so i guess there is no head in there :D
That's awesome!!!

I have many .dat files. So I guess the files contain the head.

As for the H2O, how do I know what the numbers should be filled in in the software?
I read the tut, but I'm still a little confused.
And, do I have to extract the models one by one? Is there any ways to extract them all by once?

Thanks again!!! :wink:

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:05 pm

gary wrote:As for the H2O, how do I know what the numbers should be filled in in the software?
Try out/understand the sample extraction in the tutorial.
I read the tut, but I'm still a little confused.
why?
And, do I have to extract the models one by one? Is there any ways to extract them all by once?
  • the idea is to understand how to get "the numbers to be filled in" for one file/model
  • then you need to understand the overall structure of the .dat files
  • based on that someone could write a script (maxscript/ Blender or Noesis python)
Or using "C" (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15955) which is the quickest approach for me.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Cassidy0307
ultra-n00b

Request for help extracting gr2 models from DAT files.

Post by Cassidy0307 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 am

Hi, I'm Cassidy. writes here because hopefully someone can extract the gr2 models, sound effects, and more from the DAT file. As you can see in the screenshot, I opened one file to show you that there are not only models, sounds, but also folders to dig into. I want to fix all the files are there: font, textures, gr2 models, sound effects etc. Why do I care so much about all these files to extract? I want to create animations from these models, if you have the ability to fix them, please send the repaired files to my e-mail: karolinazelezinsska699@gmail.com (I have Windows 10, so I would be able to download program links). I also want you to send a notebook with links to open a file such as ogg, xml. If the files are repaired I will be grateful. Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aKhuQe ... sp=sharing
screen.png
:) Cassidy0307 :)

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:37 pm

Hello Cassidy. I was able to check your samples and here is a documentation for this format
http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/My_Rid ... enture_DAT

And here is a tool for extracting all files from DAT archive with proper filenames
https://github.com/bartlomiejduda/Tools ... AT_Tool.py

Cassidy0307
ultra-n00b

Post by Cassidy0307 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:14 pm

Thank you for these links, I'm glad you made it <3. I have a small request, but this is the last one you will write to me in the points how to download these files? I don't know these pages and it would be easier for me.
:) Cassidy0307 :)

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:30 pm

Yeah, sure, just click "Raw" button if you want to download this one script https://i.imgur.com/aektcuz.png
You can also go to main repository site and click Code > Download ZIP, to get everyting at once.

Then just download Python 3.7, change paths at the end of the script and run it.

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:21 pm

@PELAUDIA @Cassidy0307 Please don't create duplicate posts ever again. It is forbidden here.
If you want some help with my tool for extracting, you can ask here.
Also, why your posts are so similar? Can you explain? If it is multiaccount, then it is also forbidden and you should delete immediately one of your accounts.

Edit: Ok, I've got report from Cassidy and it seems that it was just duplicate post. I have deleted it already from this topic.