READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Extracting Updated Assets in Tokimeki Restaurant

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
offering7866
advanced

Extracting Updated Assets in Tokimeki Restaurant

Post by offering7866 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:41 am

Is there a way to extract the downloaded assets found in Tokimeki Restaurant? Like most Android titles, the game periodically downloads new data from updates and places them in hidden folders. Since I didn't want to risk bricking my phone through rooting, I was able to grab the downloaded data by making a backup via Helium instead and sending it to my PC through ES File Explorer.

Once I converted the backup data into TAR format and unpacked the files, I ran into one particular roadblock: how can I view the assets inside of them? I've tried using Unity Studio, but it would only read the main data stored in the APK folder itself which is separate from the one I extracted. My guess is that the files are fragmented or split somehow because a lot of Unity-related programs I've tried (e.g. Unity Assets Explorer, Unity Assets Bundle Extractor) couldn't see them as a proper asset. Is there some script or software that can recompile them into something readable? Or am I screwed? Oh, here's a sample of the data I copied, though I'm willing to provide more if it's not enough: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ul26a6aa5 ... _Files.zip

By the way, please don't mind me bumping this topic every now and then just so I can get a useful answer. At this point, I'm desperate for a solution.

Pingu
veteran

Re: Extracting Updated Assets in Tokimeki Restaurant

Post by Pingu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:16 pm

offering7866
advanced

Re: Extracting Updated Assets in Tokimeki Restaurant

Post by offering7866 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Thank you very much for the solution! It really helped me out here!