Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Dishonored2 (.bimage7)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
adol365
advanced

Re: Dishonored2 (.bimage7)

Post by adol365 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 pm

herbert3000 wrote:Here's the source code of the Font Viewer:
IggyTools_src.zip
I'm look forward to release iggy font editing tool! :)

swinei
n00b

Post by swinei » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:35 am

I found "iggy_w32.dll" it's from the game Trove and includes references to AS3 and fonts: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/Sbd6j66N/file.html

adol365
advanced

Post by adol365 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 am

swinei wrote:I found "iggy_w32.dll" it's from the game Trove and includes references to AS3 and fonts: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/Sbd6j66N/file.html
But Dishonored2 doesn't use iggy_w32.dll or iggy_w64.dll. By the way, it contains *.dll in the exe file.

michalss

Post by michalss » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:42 pm

Here you go, first test..... :)

Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 am

Attached is texture converter for Dishonored 2. It should support conversion of all texture types, except for one I can't quite figure out yet. (but it's a very rare type, won't really affect anything).

Be sure the *.bimage7_mip0 file is with the base *.bimage7 file if one exists; the utility will detect when one is supposed to be there and try to access it (to output the highest resolution texture possible).

Also at this time, Cubemaps aren't converted properly, only one side of the cube is converted. I'll continue to work to output a proper cubemap.

Normal maps will appear grey, this is because the Blue channel is set grey. Set Blue channel to White to produce a typical Normal Map used in most applications.

if the utility outputs any unknown format codes, feel free to share the filename of the bimage7 file that produces the code so I can add support.

Enjoy.

Edit: Fixed Cubemap support.

Edit: new version below.
Last edited by volfin on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:28 am

I have only one question.

This game uses virtual textures :bleh: ??

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:29 pm

luxox18 wrote:I have only one question.

This game uses virtual textures :bleh: ??
not that I've seen so far. Everything seems to be in bimage7 image format. In tech5 games like Wolfenstein, Bimage was only used for certain alpha textures like hair and eyebrows. I'm seeing everything in Dishonored using Bimage7 though. Diffuse maps, Normal maps, AO maps. So appears they opted not to use MegaTextures at all, though I still haven't checked into things like the overall Maps and static props yet.

luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 am

volfin wrote: not that I've seen so far. Everything seems to be in bimage7 image format. In tech5 games like Wolfenstein, Bimage was only used for certain alpha textures like hair and eyebrows. I'm seeing everything in Dishonored using Bimage7 though. Diffuse maps, Normal maps, AO maps. So appears they opted not to use MegaTextures at all, though I still haven't checked into things like the overall Maps and static props yet.
Thanks! that sounds good ;)

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:23 pm

p.s. for those interested I released first revision of my Dishonored model importer for blender here: viewtopic.php?p=124978#p124978

haluk444
ultra-n00b

Post by haluk444 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:26 am

I cannot use this texture program, I drag and drop the bimage7 and bimage7_mip0 files but it doesn't work. What should I do?
I only want the mask and the ring of the game, hence their textures.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 pm

you can't just drag and drop a file on it. It's a command line tool. Also you shouldn't be dropping Mip0 files on it even if it was. only bimage7 files. it detects and uses Mip0 automatically if applicable.

if you run it on the command line, you'd see the usage information:

it will process every texture in the input folder automatically, no need to drop one at a time and take forever.

haluk444
ultra-n00b

Post by haluk444 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:50 pm

volfin wrote:you can't just drag and drop a file on it. It's a command line tool. Also you shouldn't be dropping Mip0 files on it even if it was. only bimage7 files. it detects and uses Mip0 automatically if applicable.

if you run it on the command line, you'd see the usage information:

it will process every texture in the input folder automatically, no need to drop one at a time and take forever.
I executed the program but it gives me highly erroneous results. Big pixels with no actual data.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I'm not sure what that means. I can't help if you don't give me the name and location of the file you are having problems with.

Edit: after more thought, I think I know what the problem is.

let me guess, by "big pixels", you mean the textures look something like this?

This has nothing to do with my converter. it works fine. It means your DDS viewer is outdated and can't handle the new BCx DDS formats.

You need to get some tool that can handle BCx DDS. (also known as DX10 DDS formats). Pretty much every game uses these new formats now, so it's a good investment. Unfortunately there's not a lot of tools yet. Visual Studio 2013 or newer can handle it, there's also some Nvidia tools, but Mostly I prefer Photoshop with this new DDS plugin: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... rks-plugin

Good luck.

haluk444
ultra-n00b

Post by haluk444 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:03 pm

volfin wrote:I'm not sure what that means. I can't help if you don't give me the name and location of the file you are having problems with.

Edit: after more thought, I think I know what the problem is.

let me guess, by "big pixels", you mean the textures look something like this?

This has nothing to do with my converter. it works fine. It means your DDS viewer is outdated and can't handle the new BCx DDS formats.

You need to get some tool that can handle BCx DDS. (also known as DX10 DDS formats). Pretty much every game uses these new formats now, so it's a good investment. Unfortunately there's not a lot of tools yet. Visual Studio 2013 or newer can handle it, there's also some Nvidia tools, but Mostly I prefer Photoshop with this new DDS plugin: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... rks-plugin

Good luck.
IT WORKED, THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I am doing a cosplay prop and when I put the 3d file on myminifactory.com I won't forget your name, Volfin!

windswept
ultra-n00b

Post by windswept » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:48 pm

I managed to pull a few prop textures but when I got to characters (specifically The Outsider texture group, like t_str_outsider01_body_d.bimage7) the converter crashes on me with no error. Is it just me?

Edit: Alright, so over on my end when I use the command line with any file that doesn't include Mip0 files, I just get a program has stopped working error. Anything with Mips convert out and I can open them no problem.