Goju Ponu wrote: NervousEnergy wrote:
Goju Ponu wrote:Another question, how exactly do I use this to convert the textures?
I am trying to extract the Karnaca fish located in generated\image\models\environment\props\karnaca\dead_fish_01
Did you figure it out in the end? It's a command line interface so maybe a lil bit confusing.
I've already converted all the textures, so I've uploaded the dead_fish ones for you in case you haven't figured it out yet! Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BwFbt ... 4rlcZ12I5a
Thank you so much. To answer your question no I still have not found out a way to convert or decrypt them. Very new to any sort of modding or model extracting, or anything on this forum.
Ill do a lil walkthrough on how to do it.
We'll use generated\image\models\environment\props\karnaca\dead_fish_01 as an example.
There's two ways to use the texture converter. The first way is by using the programme via command prompt.
1. Navigate to where your 'Dishonored2_tex.exe' is located in Windows Explorer. On my machine it's located in 'C:\[my username]\Downloads\Dishonored2_tex v1.03'. Now create two folders in this directory; let's call one 'Input' and one called 'Output'.
2. Put ALL the dead_fish_01 files you want to convert into the 'Input' folder. In Dishonored 2's case a single texture is made up of a couple of files, so you need to put em all in.
2. Open up the command prompt by typing in 'cmd' into the Start Menu (if you're on Windows 10), or by typing 'cmd' into Run... (if you're on Windows 7). A black box will appear with some text. After "All rights reserved." will be a folder path, like 'C:\', with a blinking _ after it.
3. We need to tell command prompt to navigate to where Dishonored2_tex.exe is located. So type in 'cd [full folder path]'. For example on my machine I would type 'cd C:\[my username]\Downloads\Dishonored2_tex v1.03'. Now press enter. You'll see that the folder path will now appear. For reference 'cd' means 'change directory'; we're telling command prompt to navigate to that folder.
4. Now we need to start the converter program, so type in 'Dishonored2_tex.exe' and press enter. This opens the program in command prompt.
5. You'll see some text, the top of which says 'Must give 2 parameters!'. If you read it, you can see that the program needs the input and output folder locations too.
6. So now, type in 'Dishonored2_tex input output'. That's telling the program to look in the 'Input' folder for files to convert, and save them into the 'Output' folder.
7. Press enter - it'll tell you it will have converted the files!
8. Have a look at the 'Output' folder- all the converted DDS files are there!
That's the harder way to do this, and I thought it would be useful. But you'll also see in the initial download a 'convert_all_recursive.bat' file. What this bat file does is do steps 1 to 8 from above for you, but instantaneously. And instead of looking for the Input and Output folder it will look in all the folders and subfolders to the directory it is in, and save them into the same folders.
For example, place the texture converter files into the directory where you previously extracted all the .resource files. Now run the .bat file - it will take a while but it will eventually have converted the thousands and thousands (approx 10,000) textures into DDS format for you.
I hope that made sense!