Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Post Reply
SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:57 am
Has thanked: 6 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by SmiffinWeffin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:35 pm

Sir Kane wrote:http://sktest.aruarose.com/DXMDExtract.7z

Due to the nature of the asset names, it produces filenames like "00BB10BBA81D424A.bin".
The actual names and their matching hashes go into NameMap.txt.
How do I use this, and should it be used before or after converting the files to the more useable formats?

Sir Kane
veteran
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:14 am
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by Sir Kane » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Run it from the command shell (cmd.exe). Running it without any parameters will show the usage, but it should be DXMDExtract.exe <dir with .archive & .pc_headerlib files> <output dir> or something like that.

SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:57 am
Has thanked: 6 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by SmiffinWeffin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 am

Sir Kane wrote:Run it from the command shell (cmd.exe). Running it without any parameters will show the usage, but it should be DXMDExtract.exe <dir with .archive & .pc_headerlib files> <output dir> or something like that.
Forgive my idiocy, but I'm entering "start DXMDExtract.exe" and it's only telling me "The system cannot find the file "DXMDExtract.exe".

qwzzz
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by qwzzz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 pm

hi all, noob here

what are the exporters needed to export to fbx? i dont really know how to use blender

lapdragon
beginner
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by lapdragon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:31 am

SmiffinWeffin wrote:
Sir Kane wrote:Run it from the command shell (cmd.exe). Running it without any parameters will show the usage, but it should be DXMDExtract.exe <dir with .archive & .pc_headerlib files> <output dir> or something like that.
Forgive my idiocy, but I'm entering "start DXMDExtract.exe" and it's only telling me "The system cannot find the file "DXMDExtract.exe".
It sounds like your command prompt isn't running in the same directory as DXMDExtract.

Move your copy of DXMDExtract to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\runtime (or wherever your Steam install actually is). In that same folder, right-click and make a new folder named "extracted", and then right click and make a new text file. Open the new text file in notepad, and enter the following line "DXMDExtract . .\extracted" (without the quotes), then save and exit. Rename the file from "new text document.txt" to "unpack.bat", and now you can double-click on it to unpack the game.

You will need 22gb of free space to unpack the game, so make sure you're ready.

xendance
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by xendance » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Hey guys, been lurking for a while and made an account just to say how amazed I am at the effort you guys put into this. I want to help but I have no skills to volunteer, so I'll just sit here and cheer you loudly like an overproud dad at his kid's ball game.

I thought I'd also let you guys know about the Deus Ex model archive I've got, since someone was asking for an Alex Vega in the thread? They're not the MD models but they might tie you over if you're desperate: https://deus-ex-3d-models.tumblr.com/

Do you guys have models you want in particular? Here are the ones I want the most:
(This is not a request, I would give a leg for these models but I totally get that guys are busy enough already just trying to figure out how the game files work)

-Koller
-Ivan Berk (seen briefly just before station bombing)
-Naked Adam Jensen (from the first Sarif dialogue) (only god can judge me)
-Police uniform K
-Bob Page (not sure if he's in the game files at all; I only remember seeing him in pre-rendered cutscenes)
-Overweight hooker lady
-Train station child (that may or may not be a Denton)
Image
-Train station dead mom lady
-Shadowchild’s NSN avatar

Also, could a graphics card ripper help? Something like Ninja Ripper or 3D Ripper DX? I've had a little bit of success with them in the past.

You guys are great and you are doing the lord's work <3

SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:57 am
Has thanked: 6 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by SmiffinWeffin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:51 am

Alright, sorry for needing my hand held through every step of the process, but... how do I use the texture converter, exactly? I tried putting it in the folder I extracted to and clicking on it but it just briefly opens and immediately closes again before I can even see what it says.

hhchunter
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by hhchunter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 am

SmiffinWeffin wrote:Alright, sorry for needing my hand held through every step of the process, but... how do I use the texture converter, exactly? I tried putting it in the folder I extracted to and clicking on it but it just briefly opens and immediately closes again before I can even see what it says.
In the folder the executable is, shift + right click the window background and it should come up with an option "open command window here" then drag the executable onto that command window.

It should then give you instructions what to do

hhchunter
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by hhchunter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 am

Volfin, I've come across a few models that seem to not be working with your tools. Had a look in hex and they are indeed model files.

60643501754326236 00D772F18C009CDC [assembly:/characters/resources/sidequests/helle/helle.wl2?/ground.weightedprim].pc_weightedprim
16450753511803356 003A71DF875BC9DC [assembly:/characters/resources/sidequests/helle/helle_revealed.wl2?/ground.weightedprim].pc_weightedprim

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by volfin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 pm

hhchunter wrote:Volfin, I've come across a few models that seem to not be working with your tools. Had a look in hex and they are indeed model files.

60643501754326236 00D772F18C009CDC [assembly:/characters/resources/sidequests/helle/helle.wl2?/ground.weightedprim].pc_weightedprim
16450753511803356 003A71DF875BC9DC [assembly:/characters/resources/sidequests/helle/helle_revealed.wl2?/ground.weightedprim].pc_weightedprim
ok, i'll see what I can do.

Edit: seems this new unpacker saves models in a slightly alternate format, they have a variable header on top that wasn't there before. I think I can add support for this so both old and new unpackers work.

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by volfin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Okay, newest version, supports old QuickBBS unpacker format, and the newer Unpacker by Sir Kane.

Enjoy :)

Edit: newer version below.
Last edited by volfin on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick3d
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by Nick3d » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi all,

If someone could share Adam model ( possibly with the trenchcoat ), I'll rig him ( in Maya ) and share the scene ( using UE4 skeletal hierarchy and Apex cloth for the trenchcoat simulation ).

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 113 times
Contact:

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by Tosyk » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Nick3d wrote:Hi all,

If someone could share Adam model ( possibly with the trenchcoat ), I'll rig him ( in Maya ) and share the scene ( using UE4 skeletal hierarchy and Apex cloth for the trenchcoat simulation ).
this is not the place to share some other people's work including models. This is place to learn how to get models (or else) yourself.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

SmiffinWeffin
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:57 am
Has thanked: 6 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by SmiffinWeffin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:09 pm

hhchunter wrote:
SmiffinWeffin wrote:Alright, sorry for needing my hand held through every step of the process, but... how do I use the texture converter, exactly? I tried putting it in the folder I extracted to and clicking on it but it just briefly opens and immediately closes again before I can even see what it says.
In the folder the executable is, shift + right click the window background and it should come up with an option "open command window here" then drag the executable onto that command window.

It should then give you instructions what to do
Alright, got that... now, what am I doing wrong here? (see attached image)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 298 times

Re: Deus EX: Mankind Divided .archive

Post by volfin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:07 am

your command line is fine. But it would seem it's not finding any valid *.vap files in the 'input' folder. And just in case you think it will parse down subdirectories inside the 'input' folder, be assured it will not. It will only process *.vap files in 'input' folder itself. If your *.vap files are in input\someother directory, then you need to specify that directly.

Post Reply