Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Can you try to support the Rayman 3 *.cnt and *.hst files?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Droolie
veteran

Can you try to support the Rayman 3 *.cnt and *.hst files?

Post by Droolie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, can I start requesting?

Hey, could you try and add support for Rayman 3 *.cnt and *.hst archives?

Sorry, but I was not able to post any example; :( ( They are way too large )

And some demos:

ftp://ftp.ubisoft.fr/demos/pformes/Rayman3_demo.zip
http://www.gamershell.com/download_1164.shtml

Okay, I guess this is good now, I'll end the post now!

lol
Droolie

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:05 am

please...

The CNT files ( textures ) are used in Rayman 2 and Rayman M too...
And I can open the HST files already, but in there are several ADPCM sounds and I can't play them... If I could convert them to PCM... :roll:

friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi mate,

We will be happy to help, but you will have to supply us with some archives to look at. You said that they are too big, so therefore download the file cutter program from http://www.watto.org/extract/download/cutter.zip . Run the program, and choose one of the archives from the game. Click the OK button, and it will make a zip that you can post here or email to us.

Thanks mate.

WATTO
watto@watto.org
http://www.watto.org
Game Extractor - Read and write thousands of game archives!

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:58 pm

Ok... I will send the file soon ( I posted a demo too, and a .cnt file is included in it... )

And I CAN open the .CNT files in game extractor, it says File 00001, then File 00002, and more, but I don't know what to do!
( There is a plugin in game extractor for Rayman 2 ((*.CNT)), but it can't really open the cnt file from rayman 2, M, and 3. Well, it can, I explained above :roll: . If that plugin would work, then I could extract the files... )

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:45 pm

here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/en/?d=038VYUB5

You need to wait 50 seconds and then click the download button next to the megaupload logo. :)

friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:55 am

Hi mate,

Just because it says File0001 etc doesn't mean that it did not work, it just means that the archive doesn't have any filenames in it. I will be checking the plugin anyway, but chances are it does actually work correctly.

The annoying thing is that, because there are no filenames, you need to try and work out the type of file yourself. Hopefully the name of the archives will help determine the content type (eg sounds.cnt or something similar would undoubtedly have *.wav files in it), or you can just try a few different extensions on the files and see if you stumble across a winner :)

Yeah, its annoying, but there isn't all that much that can be done otherwise :(

I will check out the plugin on the Rayman 2 archives I have, and have also downloaded the link you supplied and will check that file too.

WATTO
watto@watto.org

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:42 pm

friendsofwatto wrote:Hi mate,

Just because it says File0001 etc doesn't mean that it did not work, it just means that the archive doesn't have any filenames in it. I will be checking the plugin anyway, but chances are it does actually work correctly.

The annoying thing is that, because there are no filenames, you need to try and work out the type of file yourself. Hopefully the name of the archives will help determine the content type (eg sounds.cnt or something similar would undoubtedly have *.wav files in it), or you can just try a few different extensions on the files and see if you stumble across a winner :)
Well, but I covered there are folders in the archives and they don't show up!

[/quote]

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:59 pm

Actually, Watto, it seems to me there are filenames in there, and they are encrypted.

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:47 pm

Yeah. I have level files and they use the .cnt file and say what files to use ( like 'factory\facfloor.tga' ) ( the textures I want to rip are .tga files, I tried extracting with game extractor and rename to .tga but that didn't work ) Shall I post a level file too ( they're not that large, just 4 MB or something )

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:06 am

Droolie wrote:Yeah. I have level files and they use the .cnt file and say what files to use ( like 'factory\facfloor.tga' ) ( the textures I want to rip are .tga files, I tried extracting with game extractor and rename to .tga but that didn't work ) Shall I post a level file too ( they're not that large, just 4 MB or something )
That would be very helpful.
You can email them to Image

friendsofwatto
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by friendsofwatto » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:24 pm

Ah ok maybe that is the case - I will have to take a look at my specs. I have confirmed that Rayman 2 archives work though.

Will take a look at the archive soon - see if I can work out the filenames or something for you.

WATTO
watto@watto.org

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Ok, I figured out the encryption method, Droolie. Also, check your PM. :) Working on finalizing the plugin for MultiEx Commander. :D

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm

Ah, I didn't realise I had already a working plugin .. LOL.

Here it is, you should create a CNT folder in the data/plugins folder of MultiEx Commander. Then copy the dll to that directory. Start up MultiEx Commander and you should find that you can see Rayman3 .CNT files in the Open Archive select format list. Extract at will!

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:28 am

Well, extracted, so thanks, but how do I open the *.gf files?

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:05 am

I don't know. They are not TGA files probably. I looked around a bit, but couldn't readily decipher what format they were in. Perhaps they only saved the data part of JPEG. In the executable I found a lot of error messages dealing with the JPG format, so that may be one format they use. I also found references to DXT1, DXT2 etc, which would mean .DDS files.