Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Help files SP game Snatcher Sega CD

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
carnage
beginner

Help files SP game Snatcher Sega CD

Post by carnage » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Friends all right.
Well I'm trying to translate this game into my language, the texts are in easy location, however I would like to know if you have any BMS script that can extract the SP file texts.

From what I saw the files are the same, I leave an example of a text file starting at address 0X37B0, I could not entener how the pointers that file.
can anybody help me?

https://github.com/ox-carnage/Snatcher- ... N?raw=true

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: Help files SP game Snatcher Sega CD

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:51 pm

It could be that the game expects the strings to start at 3800 and each is terminated by a 0XFF or similar 0XFX hexedecimal byte.
All you need is to make sure you end each new string the same way as you localize the text.

carnage
beginner

Re: Help files SP game Snatcher Sega CD

Post by carnage » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:26 am

Mr.Mouse wrote:It could be that the game expects the strings to start at 3800 and each is terminated by a 0XFF or similar 0XFX hexedecimal byte.
All you need is to make sure you end each new string the same way as you localize the text.
Mr.Mouse, I also thought it might be something related to table pointers, but it is not.
The 0xFF are empty or null spaces.

What I realized is that before each block, has many empty spaces 0x00 and then a sequence can of codes, and soon after the 0xFF.
In 0x20F2 address has two bytes 82 33 think it can indicate the text block size can not say.

I have the same file translated into Spanish, can serve anything if I post here?