READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

[PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

Post by volfin » Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 pm

d875j wrote:Any more progress on map? I still looking forward to convert the map.
I'm not sure what map you mean. All meshes appear to be in wedmsh format. if there's a wedmsh that's not loading properly, please give name and location.
If you mean something else, please elaborate.

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Wed May 04, 2016 4:33 am

volfin wrote:
d875j wrote:Any more progress on map? I still looking forward to convert the map.
I'm not sure what map you mean. All meshes appear to be in wedmsh format. if there's a wedmsh that's not loading properly, please give name and location.
Like for instance do the models have placements embedded? And what about textures. Also i really like a 3ds max plugin i really dislike blender i really don't know how to work blender.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Wed May 04, 2016 4:40 am

d875j wrote:
volfin wrote:
Like for instance do the models have placements embedded? And what about textures. Also i really like a 3ds max plugin i really dislike blender i really don't know how to work blender.
well, I really like blender, so that's what I spend my freely donated time creating plugins for. You're free to convert my plugin to another application if you like. or simply save the mesh from blender as FBX or other format, then load it into 3ds Max. Nobody says you have to use blender beyond converting the mesh to a usable format.

As stated earlier, textures are in named folders, you have to find them and match them up yourself. For example, if the material name in blender is "amyfer_tops_chest_amyfer_chest", then chances are the texture you need will be in the 'tops' directory and be named 'amyfer_chest" or something close to that. you just need to apply a little logic, and trial and error.

As for trying to recreate the whole level layout, you're likely going to have to do that by hand. not only do I have no idea where that kind of data is stored, I have zero motivation to try to do that. But every single piece of mesh for every level, is available, as a wedmsh. think of it as a jigsaw puzzle. :P

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Wed May 04, 2016 4:52 am

volfin wrote: well, I really like blender, so that's what I spend my freely donated time creating plugins for. You're free to convert my plugin to another application if you like. or simply save the mesh from blender as FBX or other format, then load it into 3ds Max. Nobody says you have to use blender beyond converting the mesh to a usable format.

As stated earlier, textures are in named folders, you have to find them and match them up yourself. For example, if the material name in blender is "amyfer_tops_chest_amyfer_chest", then chances are the texture you need will be in the 'tops' directory and be named 'amyfer_chest" or something close to that. you just need to apply a little logic, and trial and error.

As for trying to recreate the whole level layout, you're likely going to have to do that by hand. not only do I have no idea where that kind of data is stored, I have zero motivation to try to do that. But every single piece of mesh for every level, is available, as a wedmsh. think of it as a jigsaw puzzle. :P
I was afraid you were gonna say that. I really need them not to be jigsawed up. I need them to have the coordinates and such. So how do i use your plugin on blender so i can import some stuff and take a look around?

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

d875j wrote:I was afraid you were gonna say that. I really need them not to be jigsawed up. I need them to have the coordinates and such. So how do i use your plugin on blender so i can import some stuff and take a look around?
I posted a brief tutorial on how to install a blender plugin here: viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

most info is the same, except for that game, my skeleton importer was separate. just ignore everything about hkx_cvt.exe and valve's SMD importer.

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Wed May 04, 2016 11:46 pm

volfin wrote:
d875j wrote:I was afraid you were gonna say that. I really need them not to be jigsawed up. I need them to have the coordinates and such. So how do i use your plugin on blender so i can import some stuff and take a look around?
I posted a brief tutorial on how to install a blender plugin here: viewtopic.php?p=103131#p103131

most info is the same, except for that game, my skeleton importer was separate. just ignore everything about hkx_cvt.exe and valve's SMD importer.
Thank you. But yeah it needs coordinates and such for map related to work. But still useful to get player models. I seriously think you should give it a shot at map related more tho. I would do myself but i'm not experience in this field of cracking it.

mrjosheyhalo
ultra-n00b

Post by mrjosheyhalo » Sat May 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed but the .binfbx.meta for a model contains a list of texture locations, i asume its for when the game is running as its doesnt match the normal file stucture but the last folder name and file name looks to be its location.

example

file says "sourcedata\\textures\\characters\\shared\\male_aidgil\\male_aidgil_tongue_d.tga"

its in "male_aidgil\male_aidgil_tongue_d.dds"

Not sure if its right for all files but its looks to be right so far, it doesn't need to be added to the plugin but it would be nice if it was looking for textures.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat May 07, 2016 6:04 pm

mrjosheyhalo wrote:Not sure if anyone noticed but the .binfbx.meta for a model contains a list of texture locations, i asume its for when the game is running as its doesnt match the normal file stucture but the last folder name and file name looks to be its location.

example

file says "sourcedata\\textures\\characters\\shared\\male_aidgil\\male_aidgil_tongue_d.tga"

Not sure if its right for all files but its looks to be right so far, it doesn't need to be added to the plugin but it would be nice if it was looking for textures.
That's the folder they sourced the DDS from before conversion. but there's still no way to tie that to any particular material on any particular model in a reliable way. If someone can show me a way to to *reliably* tie model materials to textures, I'll implement it.

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Sun May 08, 2016 10:30 am

mrjosheyhalo wrote:Not sure if anyone noticed but the .binfbx.meta for a model contains a list of texture locations, i asume its for when the game is running as its doesnt match the normal file stucture but the last folder name and file name looks to be its location.

example

It's not really too hard to manually do it. But i'm certain in future he could add it in.

mrjosheyhalo
ultra-n00b

Post by mrjosheyhalo » Sun May 08, 2016 11:45 am

Ive been trying to get a script to get texture locations, ive got it to get just the file names and im trying to get it to have a option for dirty versions, are there only dirty versions for face, jacket, pants and shoes or do some have for others as well.

edit: ive got it to start searching for textures but it gives up after one

edit2: im not even sure what im doing wrong

all of the [:-1] are to get rid of \n

Code: Select all

for filename in infile:
    print filename[:-1]  
    for ddslocation in ddslocations:                              
        if os.path.basename(ddslocation[:-1]) == filename[:-1]:
            print ddslocation[:-1]
            outfile.write(ddslocation)
            continue

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 pm

Anything new on this?

mrjosheyhalo
ultra-n00b

Post by mrjosheyhalo » Sun May 15, 2016 5:33 am

d875j wrote:Anything new on this?
I`ve got my script showing all locations now but noticed a few files that dont always get found, havnt felt like working on it.
My script so far if anyone wants to take a look.

trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:05 am

Out of curiosity -- I've got this game from the Windows App store -- where abouts do I find the files to go rooting around through them??

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:15 am

trexjones wrote:Out of curiosity -- I've got this game from the Windows App store -- where abouts do I find the files to go rooting around through them??
http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/12/wh ... installed/

This article explains where windows apps are stored, and what you have to do to gain access to the folder. Microsoft by default tries to keep people from poking around in there.

trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks Volfin! And thanks for doing the hard yards on this! I'm forever grateful for your work on getting the Alien: Isolation models bones, and looking forward to poking around with these!

Out of curiosity, could this same tool be applied to Alan Wake models? Or are they already available with their rigging?