Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

[PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: [PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

Post by volfin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

meganmi wrote:
volfin wrote:Attached is version 1.0 alpha of my *.wedmsh blender plugin for Quantum break.

-snip-
So the character models are in .wedmsh format too?

Thank you for making the plugin by the way, I thought no one would bother. :D
I'm not sure about that yet, I have yet to find a character model. but there was a lot of unused records in the static mesh file, So I don't see why not. I plan to start looking for a char model today to find out.

And you're welcome. :D

EDIT: yes seems characters are in wedmsh as well, as I suspected.

This model mostly loaded but crashed my script, I have a some work ahead it seems :)

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:12 am

volfin wrote:Attached is version 1.0 alpha of my *.wedmsh blender plugin for Quantum break.

Currently should import any mesh as a static object with UVs and in-game normals. if the file has multiple meshes (LODs or whatever), it will import all.

I will continue to do more work to add support for bone weights and materials, depending on what data I can uncover. if you run into any files that don't load properly, please let me know the filename/directory name. Thanks.
Hello there this is amazing. So it has all UV mapping but what about textures and such? And placements? I might port this to some games if it has what i need.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:27 am

d875j wrote:

Currently should import any mesh as a static object with UVs and in-game normals. if the file has multiple meshes (LODs or whatever), it will import all.

I will continue to do more work to add support for bone weights and materials, depending on what data I can uncover. if you run into any files that don't load properly, please let me know the filename/directory name. Thanks.
Hello there this is amazing. So it has all UV mapping but what about textures and such? And placements? I might port this to some games if it has what i need.
I think it may be doable, but will take some time. Right now it looks like the associated textures are in folders with similar names to the model. I've already got materials definition working, which is an important part. right now puzzling out bone weights and indexes. I'm pretty close to finishing that part I think.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:29 am

Ok here's version 1.1

- Material groups are properly assigned to faces now, and named with the original ingame material names.
- Materials will be randomly colored if the option is enabled on the importer options. (enabled by default)
- Vertex colors are imported if present and the option is enabled on the importer options.
- Bone weights and indexes are assigned if present, and named with the original ingame bone names.
- Rigged meshes are now imported correctly in addition to static meshes.

Couple big notes:

It has come to light this game engine allows up to 8 bone influences per vertex. I have imported all 8 just as it is ingame. But many other game engines only support 4 weight influences per vertex. So be aware.

There are a lot of bones. The one model I used as an example below has over 800 bones. So have fun with that. :)

What's missing at this point is skeleton, and linking to related textures. I'll continue on to see what I can accomplish in regard to those two pieces.

Enjoy. :)

EDIT: new version below.
Last edited by volfin on Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

meganmi
beginner

Post by meganmi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:51 pm

volfin wrote:-snip-
You are literally amazing! :wink:

edit: Figured out where textures were.

kangmin
n00b

Post by kangmin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:20 am

hi, curious where can i extract the sfx of the game? i really like the time stop/stuttering slowmo shockwave sound effects! thank you!

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:58 pm

kangmin wrote:hi, curious where can i extract the sfx of the game? i really like the time stop/stuttering slowmo shockwave sound effects! thank you!
SFX are in the "soundbanks" directory, named *.wem

These are WWise audio format, convert fine with the "ww2ogg" utility you can find on the forums or elsewhere on the internet. They use the alternate codebook, so command line would be like:

ww2ogg WHATEVER.WEM --pcb packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 am

I've made a some progress on the Skeleton:

But I still need to work on getting it oriented right and scaled to match the body. So not ready for release yet. Soon :wink:

kangmin
n00b

Post by kangmin » Sun May 01, 2016 6:04 am

volfin wrote:
kangmin wrote:hi, curious where can i extract the sfx of the game? i really like the time stop/stuttering slowmo shockwave sound effects! thank you!

These are WWise audio format, convert fine with the "ww2ogg" utility you can find on the forums or elsewhere on the internet. They use the alternate codebook, so command line would be like:

hi thanks for the reply.. im sorry , im kinda new to these stuff , if it doesn't bother you may i request a detailed instructions /program to use? , ive tried using quickbms before but only download codes from the net.. by the way i can see the .wem files is it inside the .rmdp file? im really sorry :( i just really want those time stuttering soundfx :D thanks again!

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sun May 01, 2016 8:21 am

Ok, 1.2 is released. And the final release I think.

in this version:
- Added skeleton import. The importer opens the *.skel file with the same name as the *wedmsh file, this *.skel file must be in the same directory as the *.wedmsh.
- There is now an import option to put each LOD mesh on separate layers (see bottom of image). This is enabled by default.
- There is now an import option to change import scale (3.0X normal by default, the default model is pretty tiny). The armature is also scaled to match.
- I fixed a bug with the UV maps, they were coming in Upside-down.

Waving Hello

As far as I know this works with everything now. The only thing I wasn't really able to do was match Textures with materials. There doesn't seem to be any consistent naming between game files and material names in the mesh files. However, the material names are named specifically enough that finding the texture for it shouldn't be a huge problem.

If any problems are found, or suggestions for improvements, please let me know. Enjoy. :)

EDIT: New version below.
Last edited by volfin on Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sun May 01, 2016 8:25 am

kangmin wrote:
volfin wrote:

hi thanks for the reply.. im sorry , im kinda new to these stuff , if it doesn't bother you may i request a detailed instructions /program to use? , ive tried using quickbms before but only download codes from the net.. by the way i can see the .wem files is it inside the .rmdp file? im really sorry :( i just really want those time stuttering soundfx :D thanks again!
Well nobody said anything about QuickBMS. If you read this thread, you'll see Evin made a program to unpack the game files. And then I already explained about the program called ww2ogg, you're just going to have to find it. Try google if you can't find it by searching here. That's all there is to it. Unpack game files with Evin's program, convert *.wem files with ww2ogg, Play ogg file to enjoy sound. Profit.

mrjosheyhalo
ultra-n00b

Post by mrjosheyhalo » Tue May 03, 2016 7:10 am

EDIT: Managed to solve it, beth wilders(betwil) model imported flipped was able to fix by mirroring it on x, texture issues were from not using the couhop shared textures.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong, but after importing with the blender plugin, the textures wont appear correctly after i add them.

Top is flipped on x and face doesnt show right, might be the wrong head texture but couldnt find another. Have tried hair as well and that doesnt work either.

Ive tried the option to flip x and y of texture but that doesnt help.

edit: was using wrong face texture, still cant fix the shirt texture.

edit 2: the spot on the model for the emblem is on right side as well, is the model flipped?

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 pm

mrjosheyhalo wrote:EDIT: Managed to solve it, beth wilders(betwil) model imported flipped was able to fix by mirroring it on x, texture issues were from not using the couhop shared textures.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong, but after importing with the blender plugin, the textures wont appear correctly after i add them.

Top is flipped on x and face doesnt show right, might be the wrong head texture but couldnt find another. Have tried hair as well and that doesnt work either.

Ive tried the option to flip x and y of texture but that doesnt help.

edit: was using wrong face texture, still cant fix the shirt texture.

edit 2: the spot on the model for the emblem is on right side as well, is the model flipped?
It's possible the model is flipped. That's very hard to detect unless you find something like that shirt texture to tell you. :D I'll look into it and if so put out an update.

EDIT: based on this in-game image, seems the X should be on the left arm, so appears only the UV is flipped ( I guess it was flipped on both axis, not just one like I thought). Will fix shortly

no you're right, it's not UV, it's the model. darn, will take a bit more work.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

Got it finally. Flipping the model was easy, but Flipping the skeleton to match as I constructed it, was a bit more tricky. gotta love quaternions. :scaredy:

All is good now. Sorry about that. :D

Edit: newer version here: viewtopic.php?p=126734#p126734
Last edited by volfin on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

d875j
advanced

Post by d875j » Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 pm

Any more progress on map? I still looking forward to convert the map.