The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Dead Space 1/2/3 .sbk file (PC)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
TheObserver
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead Space 1/2/3 .sbk file (PC)

Post by TheObserver » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:22 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:47 pm
try

ealayer3 -i 32 sample.snu
Which way should I do this? ealayer3 flickers on screen for about 3-5 frames before disappearing. I've gone so far as to run this through the CMD Prompt in admin mode, attempting to call the parameters everyone's mentioned. I get an error that a file "libmpg123.dll" isn't present, so I add that, which allows it to run for half a second. I've even tried to use a batch file calling for the program and using every file with the .snu file type. The only way I've been able to get anything to convert is one file at a time by dragging it on top of the ealayer3 executable.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:44 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:22 pm
The only way I've been able to get anything to convert is one file at a time by dragging it on top of the ealayer3 executable.
How about do the following.
for batch of files located in same folder, inside a text file using notepad copy/paste code below and change extension to bat or cmd instead of txt:

Code: Select all

FOR %%a IN (*.extension) do ealayer3.exe -i 32 "%%a"
or to run recursively in all folders/subfolders do:

Code: Select all

FOR /r %%G IN (*.extension) do ealayer3.exe -i 32 "%%G"
also make sure the libmpg123.dll is at root folder where ealayer3.exe is.
Obviously change extension to what ever your files have.

South Village
ultra-n00b

Post by South Village » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:47 pm
try

ealayer3 -i 32 sample.snu
Hi! Please tell me how to extract sfx from str files in Dead Space 3. Str files I have already extracted. Please! Help!

OpticalFox
ultra-n00b

Post by OpticalFox » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Gibbed's extracting tools don't work. There's no exe to run them. Is there any other way?

marcoxD95
ultra-n00b

Post by marcoxD95 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:32 am

Weirdly enough this WAV snu decoder and ealayer3 dont work on the file I have. When I run the bat files absolutely nothing happens. My file is named mx_chase_01.exa.snu. I am actually trying to rip Soundtrack files from the game since I wasnt able to get a music rip from Dead Space 3 anywhere. Joshw also doesnt have one. I am not sure if music files are not convertable or if I do something wrong. Is there any other way to get these snu and exa files to play? VGMStream cant handle them it seems.

All I get when I try to decode this snu file is "'wav.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command" in CMD. Is this tool not working on Windows 10?

MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:19 pm

marcoxD95 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:32 am
Weirdly enough this WAV snu decoder and ealayer3 dont work on the file I have. When I run the bat files absolutely nothing happens. My file is named mx_chase_01.exa.snu. I am actually trying to rip Soundtrack files from the game since I wasnt able to get a music rip from Dead Space 3 anywhere. Joshw also doesnt have one. I am not sure if music files are not convertable or if I do something wrong. Is there any other way to get these snu and exa files to play? VGMStream cant handle them it seems.

All I get when I try to decode this snu file is "'wav.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command" in CMD. Is this tool not working on Windows 10?
Chances are why it doesn't work is because that song is from Dead Space 1 and probably under DS1 file format.

JohnFont49
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnFont49 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:10 am

marcoxD95 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:32 am

I can't even get ealayer3 working on Dead Space 1, and I'm on Windows 7... tried all sorts of formats with the batch file (that i -12 and -32 stuff) and every version of ealayer3 and the sbk.exe I can find (in case it's corrupting the files) but all I get are many errors :/

Kinda sucks when all of the feedback sounds I need are presumably in these global assets, they weren't in audiostreams. Is there no way to open file formats from the original despite all audio apparently being exportable??

MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Don't use ealayer on DS1, use xas_decode

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tnisaj3el ... v.rar/file

I don't know if you can even find most of the extraction tools for the Dead Space franchise anymore, so I have stored all known ones to my mediafire archive and my HDD.

glanbalf
ultra-n00b

Post by glanbalf » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi @MaZTeR , I just wanted to thank you for your files, it just worked perfectly! I simply copy-pasted all the .snu files in another folder, executed your file, and it was all done.

I was looking for a way to gather good sounds in order to master a space horror RPG with my friends, now thanks to you I'm able to use the Dead Space ones, which left me a strong impression back in the days.