Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
KitGaming512
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by KitGaming512 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 pm

cra0 wrote:
KitGaming512 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a plugin on Maya for opening and editing .fpk files. Or if there is any way to do it?
Go back and resd through the thread please. I'm working on a tool which will allow the import and export of model files. For your information fpk is an archive package. Please read before blindly posting
I read through it when there was only GZ content and I didn't remember that fpk was a package, sorry. Then the thread got overwhelming when I got back. I'm looking forward to this program, thanks.

JRavens
beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by JRavens » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:33 am

maurocio wrote:Hi all,

I was trying to add custom music on game structure, but on LNG file appear this:

<Entry Key="2748510345" Value="You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) " />
<Entry Key="3464135748" Value="Quiet Life" />
<Entry Key="1109952386" Value="She Blinded Me With Science" />
<Entry Key="2193300951" Value="Dormant Stream" />
<Entry Key="2550999362" Value="Too Shy" />

Anyone knows what is key number? Maybe is a hash

Thanks
You realize that those lines are just the names of the songs as they appear in the menus?

Most games use pointers or ID numbers, etc. to grab the correct text string (for localization purposes). I have no idea how this game generates those numbers or if the lang tool just does not convert them from however they are stored.

To ADD additional music though you are going to have to get at the code which loads the songs (TppSound? I saw reference to TppMusicManager in there as well where ever that lua is unless it's an internal function) You are in uncharted waters here mate. If you figure stuff out though please share your discoveries. Good luck!
emoose wrote:Hmm, had a quick look into it and the LUA files seem crypted to me, if they were just compiled there would probably still be some cleartext strings in them but I couldn't see any.

Also it looks like GZ has these same weird LUA files too, but I noticed something funny: in data_02.g0s\Assets\tpp\pack\resident\resident01.fpkd they have the same LUA files as the QAR itself (GZCommon.lua, TppRadio.lua etc), but in this strange format. The fpkd versions are 2 bytes bigger than the plaintext QAR versions though, maybe some sort of crypto key? Pretty sure this is crypted now though since the size is so close to the plaintext versions.

Tried decrypting with various xor methods but none seem to work, couldn't find any working MGSV tools for them neither. Guess the crypto will have to be reversed, surprising it hasn't been already since this has been in use since GZ.
I second Tex's plea to examine that encryption. For guys who work with the data it would really help to get at the meat of the game. Right now we can "tinker" with some various values from data1, but the REALLY useful stuff is most likely buried in the other chunks.

There's a lot of potential with the fox engine if we can somehow convert those files.

* Although hats off to Tex as he and a few others have at least been able to inject custom code into the existing lua files and do some amazing things already.
JRavens wrote:
emoose wrote:Hmm, had a quick look into it and the LUA files seem crypted to me, if they were just compiled there would probably still be some cleartext strings in them but I couldn't see any.

Also it looks like GZ has these same weird LUA files too, but I noticed something funny: in data_02.g0s\Assets\tpp\pack\resident\resident01.fpkd they have the same LUA files as the QAR itself (GZCommon.lua, TppRadio.lua etc), but in this strange format. The fpkd versions are 2 bytes bigger than the plaintext QAR versions though, maybe some sort of crypto key? Pretty sure this is crypted now though since the size is so close to the plaintext versions.

Tried decrypting with various xor methods but none seem to work, couldn't find any working MGSV tools for them neither. Guess the crypto will have to be reversed, surprising it hasn't been already since this has been in use since GZ.
I second Tex's plea to examine that encryption. For guys who work with the data it would really help to get at the meat of the game. Right now we can "tinker" with some various values from data1, but the REALLY useful stuff is most likely buried in the other chunks.

There's a lot of potential with the fox engine if we can somehow convert those files.

* Although hats off to Tex as he and a few others have at least been able to inject custom code into the existing lua files and do some amazing things already.
You have to directly open the QAR tool through cmd.exe and open the chunk files.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Triple post merge.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by odrin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:58 am

the readme explains it, you need to make a txt fle, then change extension to .cmd and use the -r suffix.

but the lua files we have now honestly don't look too promising. i've looked through them all, you can tweak ammo count, weapon damage, things like that. nothing too in depth.

it feels a lot of the more interesting stuff is hardcoded.

qqoqxix
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:36 am

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by qqoqxix » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

odrin wrote:but the lua files we have now honestly don't look too promising. i've looked through them all, you can tweak ammo count, weapon damage, things like that. nothing too in depth.

it feels a lot of the more interesting stuff is hardcoded.
Yeah, I spent an hour fiddling around and trying to see if I could get the artificial arm stuff onto a MB member, since I'd like to have a female character but with the robot arm functionality like sonar and such, but I ended up with no dice in that regard. :/
DarknessValtier wrote: Quiet Default Playable 0.9
I couldn't quite manage to get this to work, the best I got was this somewhat horrifying thing, http://i.imgur.com/nuQ9vYf.jpg
It's Snake's and Quiet's head smushed into each other on Quiet's body, which is less than ideal.

JohnBC
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by JohnBC » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:19 am

Where is nakedsnake texture? FTEXTOOL cant work

Alo81
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Alo81 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Can anyone tip me off to what lua file(s) hold the information for vehicle supply drops?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way that I could alter one of the options to drop in a bear instead of a vehicle.

User avatar
Higus
advanced
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Higus » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Image
In case anybody's interested.
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/71

frankcip
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by frankcip » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:47 pm

Higus wrote:Image
In case anybody's interested.
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/71
SOOOOO interested!
There can never be enough of quiet!

Alo81
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Alo81 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 pm

For the new page:

Can anyone tip me off to what lua file(s) hold the information for vehicle supply drops?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way that I could alter one of the options to drop in a bear instead of a vehicle.

Shoukaku
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Shoukaku » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 pm

can somone give me all ocelot texture with dds format

JRavens
beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by JRavens » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:00 am

XrayDoc wrote:You have to directly open the QAR tool through cmd.exe and open the chunk files.
Using the QAR tool with -r through the command line causes it to crash for me when working with the chunk files. Data1 is fine. All of those files are easily decoded.
odrin wrote:the readme explains it, you need to make a txt fle, then change extension to .cmd and use the -r suffix.

but the lua files we have now honestly don't look too promising. i've looked through them all, you can tweak ammo count, weapon damage, things like that. nothing too in depth.

it feels a lot of the more interesting stuff is hardcoded.
I don't understand your explanation. What readme? The QAR tools readme doesn't reference anything you are saying (make a text file and change it's extension to .cmd? What??)

Anyway it seems like you are talking about is data1's lua files which are easily decoded with Atvaark's tools (thank you also Atvaark!). I'm talking about the LUA files found within the chunk.dats and also inside of fpk and fpkd inside of the chunks. Those files don't decrypt.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by odrin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:05 am

strange, i'm not seeing any lua files in the chunk archive. what is the extension name?

Soulpatrol
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:02 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Soulpatrol » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:42 am

JRavens wrote:I don't understand your explanation. What readme? The QAR tools readme doesn't reference anything you are saying (make a text file and change it's extension to .cmd? What??)
What ReadMe ???
Maybe the one from the QAR Tool ???
OPTIONS
-r Decrypt or encrypt all the resources inside QAR (LUA, FPK, JSON, etc.)
Recommended for unpack. You may not encrypt them while repacking, the
game will work with decrypted resources anyways.
-u Don't use decryption/encrypton on QAR. You NEED this in order to work
with console versions.
-eX Set the encryption method that will be used, where X is number of
encryption method. (ignored on TPP PC)
Use -e1 for PC version of MGS GZ. (default)
Use -e2 for PS3/XBOX360 versions of MGS TPP.

EXAMPLES:
In order to extract TPP (X360/PS3 files with decryption you have to run tool
like this (change 77d720e8d8714bc.dat to desired dat file):

MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.dat -u -r -e2

In order to pack it back:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.inf -u -r -e2

For PC version of MGS GZ (unpack):
MGSV_QAR_Tool data_01.g0s -r

For PC version of MGS GZ (pack):
MGSV_QAR_Tool data_01.inf -r
What is so hard to understand on the ReadMe ?
JRavens wrote:Anyway it seems like you are talking about is data1's lua files which are easily decoded with Atvaark's tools (thank you also Atvaark!). I'm talking about the LUA files found within the chunk.dats and also inside of fpk and fpkd inside of the chunks. Those files don't decrypt.
Just read one Page back!
viewtopic.php?p=110522#p110522

odrin wrote: strange, i'm not seeing any lua files in the chunk archive. what is the extension name?
What is that for a Question ?
extension name = lua

People:
Wen i first came here, i read the rest of the Pages were all your Questions are allready answered.
Really boring to see how you spam here the last 10 Pages your lazy Questions again and again.
Making this great thread death and no one will answer those Questions because you are to dumb to read 3-4 pages back.

Same goes to the People posting here only big screens of what they have done, without writting how they did it.
You can make Screens in a Spoiler...so rest of this is readable.

Im a Newbie on this and had no Problems understanding what Tools i need and how to use them, since all stand here since ages.
My Problems was that the Tools first not support the Console Files.

So please, before posting your Questions...read the rest of the Pages.
That goes much faster then waiting here Days for an Answer...Thanks !//forum

JRavens
beginner
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by JRavens » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Soulpatrol wrote: What ReadMe ???
Maybe the one from the QAR Tool ???
OPTIONS
-r Decrypt or encrypt all the resources inside QAR (LUA, FPK, JSON, etc.)
Recommended for unpack. You may not encrypt them while repacking, the
game will work with decrypted resources anyways.
-u Don't use decryption/encrypton on QAR. You NEED this in order to work
with console versions.
-eX Set the encryption method that will be used, where X is number of
encryption method. (ignored on TPP PC)
Use -e1 for PC version of MGS GZ. (default)
Use -e2 for PS3/XBOX360 versions of MGS TPP.

EXAMPLES:
In order to extract TPP (X360/PS3 files with decryption you have to run tool
like this (change 77d720e8d8714bc.dat to desired dat file):

MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.dat -u -r -e2

In order to pack it back:
MGSV_QAR_Tool 77d720e8d8714bc.inf -u -r -e2

For PC version of MGS GZ (unpack):
MGSV_QAR_Tool data_01.g0s -r

For PC version of MGS GZ (pack):
MGSV_QAR_Tool data_01.inf -r
What is so hard to understand on the ReadMe ?
Nothing. The readme is fine. What you posted there though does not answer my question to Odrin's reply. He posted this:
odrin wrote:the readme explains it, you need to make a txt fle, then change extension to .cmd and use the -r suffix.
Where in your reply does it explain that cryptic response?

If both of you are trying to tell me to use the -r switch then I've already explained trying to decypt chunk.dat files with the QAR tool using the command line (even at an elevated prompt) causes the tool to crash for me.
JRavens wrote:Just read one Page back!
viewtopic.php?p=110522#p110522
I did. Those are the files in question. LUA files inside the chunks (and fpks in the chunks) don't decode using any of the current tools that I've found so either they are encrypted or they've been compiled using a propitiatory LUA compiler (rather than luac)
odrin wrote:strange, i'm not seeing any lua files in the chunk archive. what is the extension name?
There are many, though most seem to be tucked away inside of the fpk and fpkd files.
Soulpatrol wrote:Im a Newbie on this and had no Problems understanding what Tools i need and how to use them, since all stand here since ages. My Problems was that the Tools first not support the Console Files.
So the first thing you thought to do was jump on here and type out a diatribe of how others are either (A) dumb or (B) unhelpful? Smooth. Hey let me know when your 17th birthday is so I can send you a card.

In the mean time why don't YOU try being more helpful and less condescending eh?

User avatar
zSydor
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by zSydor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8K9iPtNMk4
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Quiet dances to Gangnam Style

lol

Post Reply