Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Eredus
ultra-n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Eredus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm

cra0 wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
cra0 wrote:Texture links have been figured out. I will make a tool to use @Sergeanur's outputted texture0 to 4 inis to generate a masterlist which the FMDL tool will use to retrieve textures for the given input model. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Am I right to assume that this will allow redirecting a texture from a model to another texture? I currently overwrote Bandana Big Boss to have his ground zeroes textures but it would be more convenient to simply do this within the model than through the texture0 replacing.
Not it just means exporting a model will export the model with the proper texture names for each piece like head/body/hands. I also made the tool grab the textures for you out of the right folder.
So you don't have to go looking for each texture by hand 1 by 1 it's annoying
Looks pretty far along, any estimate when it will be released?

emoose
beginner

Post by emoose » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Soulpatrol wrote:I found out what my Problem is:
MGSV_QAR_Tool dont decrypt the Files from the 1.9gb File "77d720e8d8714bc.dat" as i can see in the .Inf File:
b572d2e4e6447e0c|77d720e8d8714bc\2d2e4e6447e0c.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b57102a79e2aeb48|77d720e8d8714bc\102a79e2aeb48.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b571f4217ff0f3aa|77d720e8d8714bc\1f4217ff0f3aa.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b572e6b7c5aa7cc8|77d720e8d8714bc\2e6b7c5aa7cc8.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b572349d14fa9edc|77d720e8d8714bc\2349d14fa9edc.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
With Files "77e669ec815e58f.dat" the same, only the File containing the .lua Files work on decryption.
So thats why the Ftex Tools crashed...
emoose wrote: I made a fork of GzsTool to work with the consoles files (since the current extractors didn't seem to want to work for me properly :/), was going to clean it up and post on github soon but if you PM me I can send you the exe, doesn't let you edit files yet but you can extract 99% of them fine.
The GzsTool crash alltime on the Xbox360 Files.
I just downloaded a Mod for the PC to test the Tool....with the PC Files it worked.
So on my Files the FTEX Tools crashed, since they are crypted :-(

Seams the original Coders are not reading here, maybe i can contact them on GitHub.

So i think i better wait for your Fork, thanks for your work :-)
Just pushed it up to github, https://github.com/emoose/GzsTool/commi ... 364735cbbc
Add support for console/legacy QAR extraction and console FPK extraction/creation

Changes:
- Support legacy QAR formats (version 1 = GZ PC, version 2 = TPP PS3/360, version 3 = TPP PC)
- Add X360Reader / X360Writer classes for big endian FPK support
- Edit FPK classes to use these reader/writers instead of passing streams around
- Detect endianness based on the platform of the FPK and read/write using that endianness automatically

Console QAR and FPK files can be extracted perfectly (maybe 1% of files extract wrong though, unsure why..)
Creating console FPK files also seems to work fine, haven't worked on console/legacy QAR creation yet though.
You can download a compiled version from https://github.com/emoose/GzsTool/relea ... AndConsole

Let me know how it goes :)

EDIT: Also, the Ftex tools might be crashing because a lot of the console data is in big endian format, and most tools are only written for little endian.

As long as the data format is known it's not hard to swap between them though, eg for developers the X360Reader/X360Writer classes I included in this GzsTool let you switch between them while reading values, which made adding console FPK support to GzsTool pretty easy.
If any devs see this you should consider adding support for console files :wink:

Soulpatrol
ultra-n00b

Post by Soulpatrol » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:08 pm

emoose wrote:Just pushed it up to github, https://github.com/emoose/GzsTool/commi ... 364735cbbc
Add support for console/legacy QAR extraction and console FPK extraction/creation

Changes:
- Support legacy QAR formats (version 1 = GZ PC, version 2 = TPP PS3/360, version 3 = TPP PC)
- Add X360Reader / X360Writer classes for big endian FPK support
- Edit FPK classes to use these reader/writers instead of passing streams around
- Detect endianness based on the platform of the FPK and read/write using that endianness automatically

Console QAR and FPK files can be extracted perfectly (maybe 1% of files extract wrong though, unsure why..)
Creating console FPK files also seems to work fine, haven't worked on console/legacy QAR creation yet though.
You can download a compiled version from https://github.com/emoose/GzsTool/relea ... AndConsole

Let me know how it goes :)

EDIT: Also, the Ftex tools might be crashing because a lot of the console data is in big endian format, and most tools are only written for little endian.

As long as the data format is known it's not hard to swap between them though, eg for developers the X360Reader/X360Writer classes I included in this GzsTool let you switch between them while reading values, which made adding console FPK support to GzsTool pretty easy.
If any devs see this you should consider adding support for console files :wink:
Thanks a lot for your work :)
Your Tool worked now fine for me, no crashing and extracted all .dat and .fpk Files.

The only Problem i see is that the .ftex Files seams crypted to me.
Same Problem as with the MGSV_QAR_Tool, no CryptKey inside the xml and the Header of the .ftex Files are crypted.
For the lua Script's all worked fine, theres a Key inside the xml and all are readable.

Maybe i missunderstand something since im new to this and see here others showing the Textures.
So do i need more Steps to convert the Textures to .dds as extracting the .dat File and use FtexTool or FtexUnpacker ?
(i copy the needed .ftexs Files too before i try to use the .ftex on a Tool)

Heres a Screen of a Ftex Header:

Anyway many thanks and im sure other Coders are happy about your research and sharing :wink:

frankcip
ultra-n00b

Post by frankcip » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:08 pm

nudifyher wrote:So I see some progress
What I wish to see now is Quiet without her stockings all the time
More importantly will I be able now to edit Quiet's skin texture and then repack it into the game? I am attempting to mod something pretty funny/gross to some.
I want this too! Her without her stockings and no boots plus a playable version also. Daaamn I hope someone does this.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:20 pm

you want to play as a naked female? cool story bro

emoose
beginner

Post by emoose » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Soulpatrol wrote: The only Problem i see is that the .ftex Files seams crypted to me.
Same Problem as with the MGSV_QAR_Tool, no CryptKey inside the xml and the Header of the .ftex Files are crypted.
For the lua Script's all worked fine, theres a Key inside the xml and all are readable.

Maybe i missunderstand something since im new to this and see here others showing the Textures.
So do i need more Steps to convert the Textures to .dds as extracting the .dat File and use FtexTool or FtexUnpacker ?
(i copy the needed .ftexs Files too before i try to use the .ftex on a Tool)

Heres a Screen of a Ftex Header:

Anyway many thanks and im sure other Coders are happy about your research and sharing :wink:
I don't think it's crypted really, looks like it's the endian issue to me, here is an example of a PC .ftex:
You can see that this has FTEX at the start instead of XETF which consoles use, this is because of the endianness that PS3/360 use, since it's a different endian byte-ordering PCs programs would read values in the file in reverse (eg. reading 0x01000000 instead of 0x1, or XETF instead of FTEX), which would probably cause crashes like what you've had.

I'll try taking a look into FtexTool for you now, hopefully shouldn't be too hard to make it endian-aware.

Edit: seem to have FtexTool converting ftex -> dds and vice versa fine for PS3 textures, but 360 textures seem corrupted, maybe some sort of swizzling? Not sure how to get around that..

Edit2: Alright, looks like deswizzling is working fine now, every 360 texture I tested extracted fine anyway.
Haven't worked on re-swizzling them yet though so you won't be able to create/edit 360 textures yet, only extract them.

Download at https://github.com/emoose/FtexTool/rele ... ianSupport
Add big endian FTEX support, add deswizzle option (-sw)

New switches:
- -sw / -swizzle = deswizzle (and eventually reswizzle) the texture
- -be / -bigendian = create an FTEX file in big endian

PS3 FTEX's can be converted to and from .dds fine (use the -be / -bigendian option when converting .dds back to .ftex though!)
360 FTEXs should extract fine if you use the -sw / -swizzle switch when converting .ftex to .dds, luminance hasn't had deswizzling added though so that might not extract properly

Note that currently you won't be able to convert .dds files back into 360 FTEX, until reswizzling is added in.
So to convert PS3 FTEX to DDS you'd just run FtexTool like normal (ftextool blahblah.ftex), but to convert the DDS back into FTEX you have to use the -be switch to create a bigendian FTEX (ftextool -be blahblah.dds)
To convert 360 FTEX to DDS you need to add the -sw switch to deswizzle the texture first (ftextool -sw blahblah.ftex), like said above you can't convert dds back into 360 FTEX yet, but hopefully soon. (when it's possible you would have to run "ftextool -be -sw blahblah.dds", to create a big-endian swizzled FTEX)
Last edited by emoose on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Anyone remember that Sahelanthropus bird mod video I posted long ago? Now you can see it for yourselves.

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/54/?

Hey guys I just uploaded a model swap mod for Snake.

Does anyone who did the other model swaps on nexus know how to fix the primaries stuck inside the torso and fix the first person for the binoculars?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 am

HeartlessSeph wrote:
I know how to remove meshes in fmdl files though hex.
is it an esoteric or exceedingly difficult process? how come people avoid talking about it?

Quiet
ultra-n00b

Post by Quiet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:04 pm

DarknessValtier wrote:Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOdD9D3zQ5c

Quiet Default Playable 0.9
--------------------------------
This version of Quiet works perfect using the original bones of her.
First Person Fixed
Facial expression fixed
Bra simulation fixed
Hair simulation fixed
Breast bouncy fixed
Dirty and burned effects fixed
---------------------------------
"This is a version 0.9 because i trying to remove the Snake's arm
==================
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9leg ... le+0.9.rar
For anyone who wants to get this mod to work use the dictionary from.
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/1/?
I use this mod for the cut scenes. Leave Snake in default costume with no scarf.
I use this mod to play as Quiet to get the female voice in gameplay.
Select a female soldier and use Sneaking Suit with headgear.
http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/6/?
Both mods work together.
Last edited by Quiet on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

emoose
beginner

Post by emoose » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 pm

MGSV QAR Dictionary Project has been updated, adding an extra ~3000 hashes, bringing the total up to 15091 filenames :)

I'm hoping more people can test out my console-enabled version of FtexTool too, pretty sure the x360 deswizzle algo is correct for each pixel format, but I haven't really tested it extensively.

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Nexus mods comments:
"Can you do this literally impossible mod?"
"Can you tell me how to mess with files I have no idea how to even use the QAR tool."
"I'm going to do this mod but I need someone to tell me how to exactly do this mod."

Love you guys but if you don't know what you're doing please stop. ;^)

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:10 pm

emoose wrote:MGSV QAR Dictionary Project has been updated, adding an extra ~3000 hashes, bringing the total up to 15091 filenames :)

I'm hoping more people can test out my console-enabled version of FtexTool too, pretty sure the x360 deswizzle algo is correct for each pixel format, but I haven't really tested it extensively.
thanks for this. it helped me a lot in regards to model replacement. do you think all the lua files have been accounted for in the game? there are some issues with the models that i think is most optimally solved using lua. right now it seems fmdl hex editing is a dead end, not efficient and requires too much from the end user.

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:55 pm

odrin wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
is it an esoteric or exceedingly difficult process? how come people avoid talking about it?
I don't like avoiding discussing it, I even got a little upset when people avoided it before doing it myself too. It's just a bit difficult to explain, but not actually difficult to perform. Best I can tell you is that the mesh data ends at the end of an fmdl file, it should make it a bit easier to do honestly.

Also, I tried getting the Quiet thing to work, the problem with it is that apparently her legs are invisible in gameplay despite the mesh being present. This is probably a texture issue, like I said, her legs are present and I removed anything that didn't need to be there but her legs still show up as invisible in-game.
XrayDoc wrote:Nexus mods comments:
"Can you do this literally impossible mod?"
"Can you tell me how to mess with files I have no idea how to even use the QAR tool."
"I'm going to do this mod but I need someone to tell me how to exactly do this mod."

Love you guys but if you don't know what you're doing please stop. ;^)
Haha, is this about them asking to play as Sahelanthropus?

emoose
beginner

Post by emoose » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:20 pm

odrin wrote:
emoose wrote:MGSV QAR Dictionary Project has been updated, adding an extra ~3000 hashes, bringing the total up to 15091 filenames :)

thanks for this. it helped me a lot in regards to model replacement. do you think all the lua files have been accounted for in the game? there are some issues with the models that i think is most optimally solved using lua. right now it seems fmdl hex editing is a dead end, not efficient and requires too much from the end user.
All the lua files in PC qars should be accounted for, but there might be some in fpk files that need a dictionary to look them up, not sure if TPP needs that though since only a few files in GZ did afaik.
There's a few MGO luas in the console qars that aren't named too, but it's doubtful anyone would want to mod MGO anyway.

cra0kalo is making a tool to view fmdls, should hopefully be possible to edit them with it too instead of needing to hex edit.

frankcip
ultra-n00b

Post by frankcip » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:24 pm

HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
I don't like avoiding discussing it, I even got a little upset when people avoided it before doing it myself too. It's just a bit difficult to explain, but not actually difficult to perform. Best I can tell you is that the mesh data ends at the end of an fmdl file, it should make it a bit easier to do honestly.

Also, I tried getting the Quiet thing to work, the problem with it is that apparently her legs are invisible in gameplay despite the mesh being present. This is probably a texture issue, like I said, her legs are present and I removed anything that didn't need to be there but her legs still show up as invisible in-game.
I know there is another model of her, the Mother Base Quiet (the one in the cell), mabye that model has what we need to get rid of the boots, stockings, and mabye those harness?