Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
HeartlessSeph
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by HeartlessSeph » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:15 am

odrin wrote:all the character models are basically inside chunk0, missions2>common folder. you could try your hand at some of those soviet or motherbase guys. the old motherbase soldiers are in "mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.fpk"
I know about that, but not all models are inside there. Quiet from the rain cutscene isn't in there either.

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:25 am

That's why I asked to unpack all fpks. So I could just search in master for the folders of a character I am looking for.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:41 am

HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote:all the character models are basically inside chunk0, missions2>common folder. you could try your hand at some of those soviet or motherbase guys. the old motherbase soldiers are in "mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.fpk"
I know about that, but not all models are inside there. Quiet from the rain cutscene isn't in there either.
i think the rain scene quiet is just regular quiet with model parts removed. you have to open up fmdl with hex edit, then make sense of all that scrambled stuff and zero out the parts you don't want, like the glove, boots, stockings, etc

i'm almost certain this is how guys like shigu are doing it. the problem is, how are they descrambling the fmdl in hex?

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:36 am

odrin wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
i think the rain scene quiet is just regular quiet with model parts removed. you have to open up fmdl with hex edit, then make sense of all that scrambled stuff and zero out the parts you don't want, like the glove, boots, stockings, etc

i'm almost certain this is how guys like shigu are doing it. the problem is, how are they descrambling the fmdl in hex?
It's not descrambling, I know how to remove meshes in fmdl files though hex. Hell, that's how I did my Volgin mod and some personal mods I have. I just thought there was a specific model that was used in the rain cutscene. I'll go check out if I can remove the stockings and boots off the normal Quiet model.

EDIT: Nope, her stockings are a part of her normal model. They must have added a new mesh specifically for that cutscene like they did with Volgin. I remember Shigu saying as much earlier. As a matter of fact, I think he also said where the model is. I'll check right now.

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am

Hi steam forums

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:49 am

is there a method to be used for knowing where the mesh part begins and where it's something else? it's all continuous lines of code using characters that are just symbols. is it through looking at the numbers on the left?

edit, studying the quiet model, it looks like the leggings might be a texture swap?

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:28 am

Uploaded the Puppy DD model swap for everyone to use. :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/52/?

cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:25 am

Texture links have been figured out. I will make a tool to use @Sergeanur's outputted texture0 to 4 inis to generate a masterlist which the FMDL tool will use to retrieve textures for the given input model. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

nudifyher
ultra-n00b

Post by nudifyher » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:39 am

So I see some progress
What I wish to see now is Quiet without her stockings all the time
More importantly will I be able now to edit Quiet's skin texture and then repack it into the game? I am attempting to mod something pretty funny/gross to some.

Ashtails
beginner

Post by Ashtails » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Just wondering

Is there any way to add facial rigging to Raiden?

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:36 pm

cra0 wrote:Texture links have been figured out. I will make a tool to use @Sergeanur's outputted texture0 to 4 inis to generate a masterlist which the FMDL tool will use to retrieve textures for the given input model. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Am I right to assume that this will allow redirecting a texture from a model to another texture? I currently overwrote Bandana Big Boss to have his ground zeroes textures but it would be more convenient to simply do this within the model than through the texture0 replacing.

cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:46 pm

HeartlessSeph wrote:
cra0 wrote:Texture links have been figured out. I will make a tool to use @Sergeanur's outputted texture0 to 4 inis to generate a masterlist which the FMDL tool will use to retrieve textures for the given input model. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Am I right to assume that this will allow redirecting a texture from a model to another texture? I currently overwrote Bandana Big Boss to have his ground zeroes textures but it would be more convenient to simply do this within the model than through the texture0 replacing.
Not it just means exporting a model will export the model with the proper texture names for each piece like head/body/hands. I also made the tool grab the textures for you out of the right folder.
So you don't have to go looking for each texture by hand 1 by 1 it's annoying

KingKilluaX3
ultra-n00b

Post by KingKilluaX3 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Any reason why fpk's come out as .fv2 files? I'm trying to get the fmdl's

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:40 pm

cra0 wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
Not it just means exporting a model will export the model with the proper texture names for each piece like head/body/hands. I also made the tool grab the textures for you out of the right folder.
So you don't have to go looking for each texture by hand 1 by 1 it's annoying
You're pretty good

Alo81
n00b

Post by Alo81 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Has anyone got the PS4 and/or the Xbox One files on hand?

I was hoping to get a peek at the

\Fox\Scripts\Gr\gr_init* files for both games. It would be interesting to offer a "PS4 and Xbox One" equivalent settings preset for people to compare against.