Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by odrin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:20 am

HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote:are model replacements even possible without hex editing? anyone want to post a basic guide? my game keeps freezing when i attempt to do swaps. i figure it must be some code for the bone or model name inside the fmdl frd or fncp files
Are you trying to swap without using the FPK tool? You need the FPK tool to do swaps, you can't just swap FPK files in the game due to the way the files are read.
i do extract the models using fpk tool:

in the above, i want to replace the snake fmdl with the dd soldier fmdl. so i'll delete the snake file and rename the dd soldier file. but it seems the dd soldier file is linked to something else?

or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. do i need to delete the motion folder for the lipsync or something?

edit: i opened up one of those replacements for the sneaking suits pparts_venom. this one is the kaz one, and unlike the original, it has all these files. the one for msf old uniform also looks like this:

those are renamed files right? where do you find them? i find they contain references to kaz, not snake, using notepad++

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:53 am

odrin wrote:
HeartlessSeph wrote:
odrin wrote:are model replacements even possible without hex editing? anyone want to post a basic guide? my game keeps freezing when i attempt to do swaps. i figure it must be some code for the bone or model name inside the fmdl frd or fncp files
Are you trying to swap without using the FPK tool? You need the FPK tool to do swaps, you can't just swap FPK files in the game due to the way the files are read.
i do extract the models using fpk tool:

in the above, i want to replace the snake fmdl with the dd soldier fmdl. so i'll delete the snake file and rename the dd soldier file. but it seems the dd soldier file is linked to something else?

or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place. do i need to delete the motion folder for the lipsync or something?

edit: i opened up one of those replacements for the sneaking suits pparts_venom. this one is the kaz one, and unlike the original, it has all these files. the one for msf old uniform also looks like this:

those are renamed files right? where do you find them? i find they contain references to kaz, not snake, using notepad++
You can PM me about those files if you want to learn more about it. But anyway I want you to test something before doing anything else. Do you have a hex editor? If so, open up a FPK in the hex editor and see what the first line says (it should say foxfpk.win). Now Unpack and repack it without doing anything. If it says something different you may need to get a more up to date FPK tool.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:17 am

it does turn into foxfpk.ste

edit:
yep, it was the tool that was outdated, thanks a lot for solving the issue.

now i just see some issue with eyes and the hip gun:

edit: hip gun solved. strange...i deleted the 300 asroot thing, but it didn't work. i had to find another working file then hex edit my fmdl name into that one.
Last edited by odrin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soulpatrol
ultra-n00b

Post by Soulpatrol » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:48 am

I found out what my Problem is:
MGSV_QAR_Tool dont decrypt the Files from the 1.9gb File "77d720e8d8714bc.dat" as i can see in the .Inf File:
b572d2e4e6447e0c|77d720e8d8714bc\2d2e4e6447e0c.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b57102a79e2aeb48|77d720e8d8714bc\102a79e2aeb48.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b571f4217ff0f3aa|77d720e8d8714bc\1f4217ff0f3aa.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b572e6b7c5aa7cc8|77d720e8d8714bc\2e6b7c5aa7cc8.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
b572349d14fa9edc|77d720e8d8714bc\2349d14fa9edc.2.ftexs key=0 version=0
With Files "77e669ec815e58f.dat" the same, only the File containing the .lua Files work on decryption.
So thats why the Ftex Tools crashed...
emoose wrote: I made a fork of GzsTool to work with the consoles files (since the current extractors didn't seem to want to work for me properly :/), was going to clean it up and post on github soon but if you PM me I can send you the exe, doesn't let you edit files yet but you can extract 99% of them fine.
The GzsTool crash alltime on the Xbox360 Files.
I just downloaded a Mod for the PC to test the Tool....with the PC Files it worked.
So on my Files the FTEX Tools crashed, since they are crypted :-(

Seams the original Coders are not reading here, maybe i can contact them on GitHub.

So i think i better wait for your Fork, thanks for your work :-)
Last edited by Soulpatrol on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sycophant
ultra-n00b

Post by Sycophant » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 am

I figure this will be the best place to ask - do any of you have the original version of plparts_ddf_venom.fpk from chunk0.dat? Would be much appreciated, since I lost my backups.

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Sycophant wrote:I figure this will be the best place to ask - do any of you have the original version of plparts_ddf_venom.fpk from chunk0.dat? Would be much appreciated, since I lost my backups.
Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyuv7nq530hc ... m.fpk?dl=0 :)

Sycophant
ultra-n00b

Post by Sycophant » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:21 pm

HeartlessSeph wrote:
Sycophant wrote:I figure this will be the best place to ask - do any of you have the original version of plparts_ddf_venom.fpk from chunk0.dat? Would be much appreciated, since I lost my backups.
Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzyuv7nq530hc ... m.fpk?dl=0 :)
Cheers! Load off my back, that.

Loomy
beginner

Re: Textures

Post by Loomy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:34 pm

frankcip wrote:
Loomy wrote:For Corey & Others struggling with Quiets Textures

Quiet 3D Model & textures In 3dsmax/fbx/obj/marmoset. Just 2 for now, and only using Diffuse, i can find the other textures, but no idea how they get applied (ie: spec/bump/glow/etc - if someone can give a hint, then can apply the rest. Also looking to Rig, and struggling, if anyone can help out here, would be greatly appreciated. also, not found Qui hair/eyes/eyelash, so using chichi's for now.

I think ive found the xof suit, i need to check against the model, couldnt really tell if it was green b lack leather or what,
for the one guy tha tpmd about it, u welcome to check these so long,
textures0/2ff8ff8ecd95f.dds
textures0/2a53e3fd943e3.dds

Finally found some of the Volgin textures, will work on that next, Skulls, some Snake variants, feel free to make any requests

Download Quiet Model/Texture pack here (WIP):- http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/KAJIg7MO/file.html

I included marmoset toolbag scene file as reference to get exact result as below (not a render -PBR ftw!) u can download trial off their website.

Wow thanks for finding the models!
Hope we get the bikini only with no boots mod working omg this is awesome !!! Is there any progress on this?
Im not 100% sure mate on the modding side, im mostly fosed on actual models, retopo & rigging. what i can do is point out the actual model/texs for that model. though as i recall by default, it contains the leggings and gear/boots, layered on top, and would need to find a way to hide/disable them, or find a way to edit the fmdl.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

yeah about that. people are talking about zeroing model parts by hex editing the fmdl files. is there some decryption method? it's just gibberish for me.

if we can just find the lua file desponsible for model parts and things like that

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Anyone know how to unpack the cpk files in PES 2016? Can you just edit the QAR tool to do that, I don't know coding too well. I would love to put Big Boss into soccer/football matches or turn DD into players.

This has been my best idea yet

Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:51 pm

anyone find location of chikcenhat? might be worth replacing with soviet paratrooper cap

Higus
advanced

Post by Higus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:09 am

XrayDoc wrote:This has been my best idea yet
*large img*
Where is that DDog model? (The original one, not the puppy model)

XrayDoc
veteran

Post by XrayDoc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:02 am

Higus wrote:
XrayDoc wrote:This has been my best idea yet
*large img*
Where is that DDog model? (The original one, not the puppy model)
I don't know which one changed it so I changed all of them

HeartlessSeph
advanced

Post by HeartlessSeph » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:13 am

odrin wrote:yeah about that. people are talking about zeroing model parts by hex editing the fmdl files. is there some decryption method? it's just gibberish for me.

if we can just find the lua file desponsible for model parts and things like that
I'll try to do it if someone tells me where the model is located.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:53 am

all the character models are basically inside chunk0, missions2>common folder. you could try your hand at some of those soviet or motherbase guys. the old motherbase soldiers are in "mis_com_dd_soldier_gz.fpk"