Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
iambosh
advanced

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by iambosh » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:11 am

believe I found the settings:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes\data_02\Fox\Scripts\Gr

Eiwo
ultra-n00b

Post by Eiwo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:20 am

So "gr_init_dx11.lua" are where the graphical options can be tweaked, you can turn off fxaa and/or dof while retaining reflections for instance. It seems you can tweak some of the settings too.

"PlayerTypeTabl.lua" is where you can do model switching. I personally haven't figured out how to get it properly working though.

"data_02\Assets\tpp\level_asset\chara\player" is where you can config the gamepad and there are a lot of camera settings. Haven't tried these myself but I think they would work.

There's also a way to change the time of day but I'm not sure how.

cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:51 am

JayK wrote:I made a tool to extract the FPK files, I'm not completely happy with it as some of the filenames have illegal characters so I can't output those filename's, so to work around that I just made it put some hex digits out for the filename. Model format is fmdl and is super super simple, you can download the FPK Unpacker below, haven't really tested it thoroughly, so let me know if there are any problems. just drag an FPK file onto it.

FPK Unpacker

Should work on FPKD files as well
lionheartuk wrote: I can't actually test any of the textures myself but if you figure out what those textures are do post your findings in here, no company I've worked with (or independent projects) have ever used such textures, unless they're just a standard map type with a channel or 2 flipped perhaps? (just a wild guess, I don't even have photoshop this laptop as its dead old so I can't really investigate anything properly until I get back to my own machine.
It was already mentioned before that the weird colour textures store the AO, Spec and Alpha Map on the RGB levels.
you should prob include zlib1.dll, crashes for me doesn't extract anything.

-EDIT-

seriously why the hell do the devs even bother [roll] xor 0x9C its a dead giveaway too

Higus
advanced

Post by Higus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 am

Sergeanur wrote:Now you can decrypt the resources (LUA, FPK, JSON, etc.) while unpacking the archive
Could you add an option to decrypt/encrypt those filetypes manually? because a lot of encrypted lua's and stuff are stored inside fpk and fpkd files. just an option to decrypt/encrypt any of those filetypes in a directory would work well. (decrypted files put back into the fpk/fpkd won't work)

zzz
beginner

Post by zzz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:42 am

JayK wrote:Model format is fmdl and is super super simple, you can download the FPK Unpacker below, haven't really tested it thoroughly, so let me know if there are any problems. just drag an FPK file onto it.
What program can view or convert fmdl? 3ds max and 3Dconverter can't use it and can't find much on the web apart from some mugen game references.

Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:22 pm

line wrote:
Sergeanur wrote:Now you can decrypt the resources (LUA, FPK, JSON, etc.) while unpacking the archive
Could you add an option to decrypt/encrypt those filetypes manually? because a lot of encrypted lua's and stuff are stored inside fpk and fpkd files. just an option to decrypt/encrypt any of those filetypes in a directory would work well. (decrypted files put back into the fpk/fpkd won't work)
I don't see a point of that. And replacing files in FPK DOES work.
Last edited by Sergeanur on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Higus
advanced

Post by Higus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Sergeanur wrote:
line wrote:
I don't see a point of that. And replacing files in FPK DOES work.
Files which were previously encrypted can not be reinjected into FPKD files decrypted, it will not work.
example:
These 3 LUA camera scripts extracted from big boss' fpkd are encrypted. Files inside fpkd containers don't get decrypted by your tool upon extraction. Even though these 3 LUA files can be found out side of fpkd's and decrypted by your tool, they can not be functionally reinjected into big boss' fpkd without re-encryption. (those camera lua scripts are only used cached in the fpkd)

Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:35 pm

I did some diggin' into FPK and realized than some names (not all) were somehow encrypted or compressed (or both). Usually this is FTEX, FMDL and such.
Format:

Code: Select all

/as/ + (some hex code) + .ftex
Example:
/Assets/tpp/ui/ModelAsset/cmn_loadmark/Pictures/cmn_loadmark_logo_mini_nmp.ftex will look like this

/as/ + 0709436F6D4679675A510B4F6B69755F3337536F0B0B0B47695849553249464B716A42376239474636584831660B4D3447515351754D7076507935507A76766E474A0946344F + .ftex
I don't know how to compute those but I definitely see some logic in it. Hex code always starts with 0x07 and somewhere in the middle it always has 0x0B0B0B.

EDIT
2 line:
These LUA files are compiled, NOT ENCRYPTED!!!!!! You can replace them with uncompiled ones and the game will work. In fact all you can do is just remove it from FPK completely and then change LUA outside of it.

Higus
advanced

Post by Higus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Sergeanur wrote: 2 line:
These LUA files are compiled, NOT ENCRYPTED!!!!!! You can replace them with uncompiled ones and the game will work. In fact all you can do is just remove it from FPK completely and then change LUA outside of it.
Right, compiled, my bad. However the uncompiled versions reinjected back into the FPKD aren't working for me.

Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:03 pm

line wrote:However the uncompiled versions reinjected back into the FPKD do not work.
Means you ain't doing it right, 'cause it works for me.

lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Sergeanur wrote:
Eiwo wrote:Can you disable the static time of day too? Which file had those settings?
I believe I can but I don't know how long I have to wait to see some weather change.
EDIT: Tried it. Played around for 10 mins. Nothing changed.
BTW people keep in mind that your changes will not affect if the file you're editing was cached into FPK or FPKD.
The weather in this game is not real time unfortunately, so no amount of waiting is going to change the weather, would have been a nice touch though.
One thing that would be possible I imagine is forcing the time of day/weather to change, ie: Sun in the main mission, rain in the daytime side missions etc.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

JayK
veteran

Post by JayK » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm

I updated the FPK Unpacker as there were problems with some files, new version is at the same link.

FPK Unpacker
you should prob include zlib1.dll, crashes for me doesn't extract anything.
Ok I included zlib1.dll for the ftex extractor now

Ftex Unpacker
What program can view or convert fmdl? 3ds max and 3Dconverter can't use it and can't find much on the web apart from some mugen game references.
It's their own custom format but its quite simple, if no one else makes an importer for the format then I'll make one for 3ds max, but I'm guessing someone else will anyway as it's such a simple format.
I did some diggin' into FPK and realized than some names (not all) were somehow encrypted or compressed (or both). Usually this is FTEX, FMDL and such.
Yep, this is why I can't output them as filenames and have to use the workaround, but I might look into how they're doing the conversion at some point.
Last edited by JayK on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergeanur
advanced

Post by Sergeanur » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:03 pm

A few names had been discovered for data_01.g0s

/Assets/tpp/ui/texture/map/gntn_photo_clp.6.ftexs
/Assets/tpp/level/location/gntn/block_common/gntn_common_ter_nrm.6.ftexs
/Assets/tpp/level/location/gntn/block_common/gntn_common_ter_srm.6.ftexs
/Assets/tpp/level/location/gntn/block_common/gntn_common_ter_bsm.6.ftexs
/Assets/tpp/effect/vfx_pic/explosion/fx_expanm06_ks_alp_clp.6.ftexs

iambosh
advanced

Post by iambosh » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Anyone have access to the PS4 files for the bullet casings shell ejection script?

cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:43 pm

JayK wrote: Ok I included zlib1.dll for the ftex extractor now
It's their own custom format but its quite simple, if no one else makes an importer for the format then I'll make one for 3ds max, but I'm guessing someone else will anyway as it's such a simple format.
Cheers!

Yeah i took a look at FMDL doesn't look hard at all Ill see what i can do.
http://dev.cra0kalo.com/wp-content/uplo ... ox_MDL.png