Alien Isolation (.PAK .BIN)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Skooooma
ultra-n00b

Re: Alien Isolation (.PAK .BIN)

Post by Skooooma » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:06 am

cra0 wrote:Yeah sorry never finished that, you can use volfin's blender script to import the models then export them out as obj,fbx etc

Or write a maxscript that will read the omodels
Im trying to put together the modular level assets in blender but it seems that the .pobjects never assemble a complete model. Is it because some of the data is trapped in the .omodels?

chemlst
ultra-n00b

Post by chemlst » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:57 am

Hi guys. I trying to import ALIEN bones in Blender with SMD tools. But every time i got error:
I tried latest and 2.2.1 versions of SMD, and also tried change decimal dividers to point in windows settings, but it's not working.
How can i load bones?
Or may be someone have model of alien with bones and textures?

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 pm

the skeleton you're trying to use is wrong. it's expecting 3 floats, and that string pictured is only 1 float. so the skeleton conversion failed somewhere. Try to find the correct skeleton, there's a lot of skeletons but we only handle specific ones in the hkx2smd program. The ones with specific character names on them.

chemlst
ultra-n00b

Post by chemlst » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 am

Hmm, i converted hkx one more time and now smd imports correctly.

sierra14
ultra-n00b

Post by sierra14 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Hey you guys, sorry about resuscitating a dead thread, but I really need some help

1 - is there anyway to match textures to the models? By looking at the text files from the game, there's various basic textures that are used for multiple models, but no way to work out which one is which, nor which normal and spec maps they use

2 - I can't seem to find any of these 'material libraries' which I'm guessing will work similar to how Fallout 4 uses palette maps to change colours of their textures without having to add in multiple textures.

3 - is there anyway to get the .pObject importer to import multiple files at a time? I'm having to import individual parts of a model one at a time, which is mind-numbing stuff :/

Charlie
materialsAI2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

synthosc
ultra-n00b

Post by synthosc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Hey guys, does extracting entire levels is still buggy?
because i so far managed to find a dump of the models and textures but it was like all meshes were separated and not all the models were exportable.

Poketooth
ultra-n00b

Post by Poketooth » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 pm

My textures won't convert with the converter and I can't seem to find the files for the alien. Can someone give me a file path starting from C: \CONVERTED\?

JohnRWMarchant
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnRWMarchant » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm

So has anyone managed to export AI interior meshes as a whole interior not just all bunched in at 0,0,0. I would really like to get some of the interiors, not so fussed about the textures.

Thane
ultra-n00b

Post by Thane » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi guys, sorry to bump an old thread but i'm trying to make VR mod for Alien Isolation (MotherVR) work a bit better with full room scale VR so people can walk around. The problem im having is that the player character's body model is visible and static in one position so its in the way all the time when your trying to bend over and look at stuff and look around while crouched, etc. I'd like to make it invisible somehow using the material properties or something, but i can't seem to get anywhere with extracting the textures or converting all the BML files to XML. Does anyone know of a way i could do this?

The other problem is the the view starts fading to black when you move about 1.5ft away from the head position. I don't suppose anyone knows how to change that so it doesn't fade?

Thanks!