Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Punch-Out!! Wii .data files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
BalkingBrains
ultra-n00b

Punch-Out!! Wii .data files

Post by BalkingBrains » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:18 am

I am looking to extract the audio and model data from an ISO rip of Punch-Out!! 2009 (I have a legal hardcopy and only have a rip for research/backup purposes). Much of the data in the game comes in .data and .debug formats. Though my friend RandomTBush has been able to extract texture files from the game, we have not had any success as of yet to discover useable model files.

To be honest, I seek these files for the purpose of using them in machinima. I intend to use these models for non-commercial purposes, to make fan movies of the game. They might have to be ported to another game engine, as I have familiarized myself with the Source engine for its Source Filmmaker utility, but it would still be nice for the models to be accessible, non-commercially always, for those of us who are still fans of the game.

Is there any way known to look into these models?
Whether I be GigaCake or Cybernetic Cupcake, I'll always have a Balking Brain.
However, I intend to curb my fears and venture forth to discover what's really out there in the world of gaming.

ddadd
beginner

Re: Punch-Out!! Wii .data files

Post by ddadd » Tue May 05, 2020 7:14 pm

Perhaps you could try using ninja ripper? I heard it can rip models from wii games