Magicka 2/Wizard Wars, Showdown Effect, Gauntlet files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Magicka 2/Wizard Wars, Showdown Effect, Gauntlet files

Post by daemon1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:39 pm

bolvan wrote:I written my own ogg extraction utility in C and it does well against non-"stream" timpani banks.
Why making your own utilities when my utility extracts ALL banks, including stream, and non-stream?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm

daemon1 wrote:bitsquid_timpani [bank file name] [stream file name]

Audio bank unpacker for other games. It requires stream name too. If there's no stream for some particular bank, just type anything you want for second parameter. If you run it with 1 parameter, the result is unpredictable. If the stream will not be present, it will work, but files may be cut, having only some first seconds of sound.

bolvan
ultra-n00b

Post by bolvan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 pm

OK, i've got the idea. Seems like first 9 OggS chunks in extension-less file, rest is in stream.
I successfully extracted the music, thanx !
Your utilities work well if run correctly but miss help text and crash if anything is wrong.
So i didnt realize everything first and did some own job. It took not too long, no problem.
My prog is able to search any binary, find music files there and extract them. May be if I find some unknown container it will be helpful.

qwerty0ytrewq
ultra-n00b

Post by qwerty0ytrewq » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Any ideas on the model files format? Textures are plain DDS, but what's about models? I'd like to use these as placeholder models in Unity3D.

Kathie
ultra-n00b

Post by Kathie » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:09 pm

bolvan wrote:OK, i've got the idea. Seems like first 9 OggS chunks in extension-less file, rest is in stream.
I successfully extracted the music, thanx !
Your utilities work well if run correctly but miss help text and crash if anything is wrong.
So i didnt realize everything first and did some own job. It took not too long, no problem.
My prog is able to search any binary, find music files there and extract them. May be if I find some unknown container it will be helpful.
Is there any chance you can share your prog? Cause i seems to not get how to use that "bitsquid", all i get after some hours is a bit of chunks like choped 11 oggs (some of them didn't even open), and 2 wavs. And that's it. Damn i wish there were atleast one good help post on how to manage it.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Kathie wrote:all i get after some hours is a bit of chunks like choped 11 oggs (some of them didn't even open), and 2 wavs. And that's it.
What game you extracting?

Fyren
ultra-n00b

Post by Fyren » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 pm

daemon1 wrote:The latest version of all tools. Tested on Showdown Effect demo, Gauntlet, Wizard Wars, Helldivers. May also work with other Bitsquid games and also the new Autodesk Stingray Engine games like Warhammer: End Times.
daemon1, thanks for making this tool. Is there any chance of a Linux version or possibly providing the source so I can try porting it myself?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Fyren wrote:
daemon1 wrote:The latest version of all tools. Tested on Showdown Effect demo, Gauntlet, Wizard Wars, Helldivers. May also work with other Bitsquid games and also the new Autodesk Stingray Engine games like Warhammer: End Times.
daemon1, thanks for making this tool. Is there any chance of a Linux version or possibly providing the source so I can try porting it myself?
check your PM

MatiasGray
ultra-n00b

Post by MatiasGray » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Daemon1, thank you for unpacker, great work!
I managed to extract some files:
Anyone knows how to open they? I tried Autodesk Stingray and don't succeed. I want to get 3d models from Helldivers for printing.

Luriam
beginner

Post by Luriam » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm sorry for necroing this thread, but I was wondering if anyone here can extract the sounds from this particular .stream file.

And just like some other people pointed it out here on the forum, there's also a file with no extension, and a "patch_001" file - all with the same name. So I attached those too, just in case.

Thank you very much! And just in case anyone's wondering these come from a game called Vermintide 2.