Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
amzerof6
advanced
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:50 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by amzerof6 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 pm

If you look back through the thread, he explains how to disable ASLR, you must do this to make it work.
thankU very much! I get those textures, so large.
how could U resplit those dds? memory not enough

btw,Hi luxox18 , how could U get "the last of us"s 3d model? that's great job,I just only get textures.

theddd1
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by theddd1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 am

I'm sorry for the super necro, just jumped in late on this bandwagon. I'm not sure if I can get help after all of this time, but I still gotta try. I've managed to extract all the models from the game now I just need the textures for them, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with this.

Whenever I run the line in cmd, vtex.exe just stops working and crashes when trying to extract the textures. Now I have already disabled ASLR/rebooted yet the problem continues to persist. I'm really stuck on why it could still be crashing like this.

User avatar
ultima
n00b
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:37 am

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by ultima » Fri May 27, 2016 12:43 pm

I have the same problem as my upstairs neighbor :/

Is it compatible for Windows 10? (vtex)

User avatar
SporeAltair
advanced
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:47 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by SporeAltair » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 pm

How to deal with _vmtr_q3.mega2 ?

And I have Win10

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1822
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 1311 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by daemon1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Megatextures are solved. Research progress and tool will be posted here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16112

User avatar
spartan1096
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:20 am

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by spartan1096 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 am

Please help, I want to extract textures from Wolfenstein the Old Blood, I disable aslr, got the reloaded exe of TNO with the matching MD5, but when I tried to run the vtex, it do nothing, like this
捕获2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Koralan
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by Koralan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by volfin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Koralan wrote:Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
"Reloaded" is a pirating group. he got a pirated version of the game exe, without the copy protection. it won't work unless copy protection is removed.

Koralan
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by Koralan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:20 pm

volfin wrote:
Koralan wrote:Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
"Reloaded" is a pirating group. he got a pirated version of the game exe, without the copy protection. it won't work unless copy protection is removed.
Thank you!

Where it can be downloaded? I tried to search Internet, but have no luck. Or it is forbidden to give such links on the forum?

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by volfin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Koralan wrote:
volfin wrote:
Koralan wrote:Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
"Reloaded" is a pirating group. he got a pirated version of the game exe, without the copy protection. it won't work unless copy protection is removed.
Thank you!

Where it can be downloaded? I tried to search Internet, but have no luck. Or it is forbidden to give such links on the forum?
Yes it's forbidden, but even if it wasn't, I have no idea where to find it anymore. the game is old and things tend to disappear once their popularity is over.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1822
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 1311 times

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by daemon1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:38 pm

volfin wrote:I have no idea where to find it anymore. the game is old and things tend to disappear once their popularity is over.
i must disagree with that
there are still a lot of places where you can get reloaded version
i think it will be safe to say that there are lots of pirate bays who still share it
including of course the most famous pirate bay ;)

Koralan
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by Koralan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks volfin and daemon1! I found the reloaded version and installed it, put in its directory vtex.exe, disabled aslr and wrote into cmd next command:
D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\c01p1.pages D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\
But nothing happened again!
I don't know, what I could done wrong this time, all seems just like said in thread...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Koralan
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by Koralan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Can anybody help me?

coolkid2356
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:52 am

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by coolkid2356 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:01 am

hey guys sorry for the very late necro but when i run the vtex tool i disabled aslr btw
nothing happens the command line appears and instantly closes
what do i do

coolkid2356
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:52 am

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by coolkid2356 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 am

it shows this and closes immediately this is windows 8 btw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply