Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
amzerof6
advanced

Re: Wolfenstein .Pages files (idtech5 virtualtextures)

Post by amzerof6 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:14 pm

If you look back through the thread, he explains how to disable ASLR, you must do this to make it work.
thankU very much! I get those textures, so large.
how could U resplit those dds? memory not enough

btw,Hi luxox18 , how could U get "the last of us"s 3d model? that's great job,I just only get textures.

theddd1
ultra-n00b

Post by theddd1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 am

I'm sorry for the super necro, just jumped in late on this bandwagon. I'm not sure if I can get help after all of this time, but I still gotta try. I've managed to extract all the models from the game now I just need the textures for them, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with this.

Whenever I run the line in cmd, vtex.exe just stops working and crashes when trying to extract the textures. Now I have already disabled ASLR/rebooted yet the problem continues to persist. I'm really stuck on why it could still be crashing like this.

ultima
n00b

Post by ultima » Fri May 27, 2016 12:43 pm

I have the same problem as my upstairs neighbor :/

Is it compatible for Windows 10? (vtex)

SporeAltair
advanced

Post by SporeAltair » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 pm

How to deal with _vmtr_q3.mega2 ?

And I have Win10

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Megatextures are solved. Research progress and tool will be posted here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16112

spartan1096
ultra-n00b

Post by spartan1096 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 am

Please help, I want to extract textures from Wolfenstein the Old Blood, I disable aslr, got the reloaded exe of TNO with the matching MD5, but when I tried to run the vtex, it do nothing, like this
捕获2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Koralan
n00b

Post by Koralan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

I got the "extracting..." message and... nothing. What I have done wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Koralan wrote:Hi all! Sorry for necro, but I need help with vtex program.

I disabled the ASLR, like was said in thread, but I'm afraid, that I misunderstand the part with "reloaded exe". I downloaded the "reloaded exe", replaced the original one in the game directory, put there vtex and tried to type in cmd the following:

D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\chunk1_vmtr.pages D:\Spiele\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\

"Reloaded" is a pirating group. he got a pirated version of the game exe, without the copy protection. it won't work unless copy protection is removed.

Koralan
n00b

Post by Koralan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:20 pm

volfin wrote:

"Reloaded" is a pirating group. he got a pirated version of the game exe, without the copy protection. it won't work unless copy protection is removed.
Thank you!

Where it can be downloaded? I tried to search Internet, but have no luck. Or it is forbidden to give such links on the forum?

volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Koralan wrote:
volfin wrote:

Thank you!

Where it can be downloaded? I tried to search Internet, but have no luck. Or it is forbidden to give such links on the forum?
Yes it's forbidden, but even if it wasn't, I have no idea where to find it anymore. the game is old and things tend to disappear once their popularity is over.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:38 pm

volfin wrote:I have no idea where to find it anymore. the game is old and things tend to disappear once their popularity is over.
i must disagree with that
there are still a lot of places where you can get reloaded version
i think it will be safe to say that there are lots of pirate bays who still share it
including of course the most famous pirate bay ;)

Koralan
n00b

Post by Koralan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks volfin and daemon1! I found the reloaded version and installed it, put in its directory vtex.exe, disabled aslr and wrote into cmd next command:
D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\vtex.exe D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\virtualtextures\c01p1.pages D:\WolfensteinTheNewOrder\
But nothing happened again!
I don't know, what I could done wrong this time, all seems just like said in thread...

Koralan
n00b

Post by Koralan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Can anybody help me?

coolkid2356
n00b

Post by coolkid2356 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:01 am

hey guys sorry for the very late necro but when i run the vtex tool i disabled aslr btw
nothing happens the command line appears and instantly closes
what do i do

coolkid2356
n00b

Post by coolkid2356 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 am

it shows this and closes immediately this is windows 8 btw