Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
loriscangini
advanced
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by loriscangini » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:33 am

awesome work so far!
I'm mainly interested in the 3d models, so in the xbg conversion tool, if I correctly understood the only big problem left to fix is the uv scaling, right?

User avatar
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 303 times
Contact:

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Chipicao » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Not really, cra0 and I have determined that most models use a scale of 2 or 3. We'll have to do more tests when the tool is ready, but worst case scenario you'll have to input a scaling factor manually.
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.

loriscangini
advanced
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by loriscangini » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Ok. Thanks for the explanation!
Let me know if I can do something useful !

User avatar
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Wobble » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 am

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 184 times
Contact:

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by cra0 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:31 am

Wobble wrote:Which .DAT file are these models found? I looked at common, shaders, and shadersobj, and found nothing.
You obviously are blind -_-

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 846 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Ekey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 am

Wobble wrote:Which .DAT file are these models found? I looked at common, shaders, and shadersobj, and found nothing.
windy_city and windy_city_cache

User avatar
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Wobble » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:14 pm

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hqqttjiang
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:27 am

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by hqqttjiang » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:04 am

it seems not work with the videos.fat/videos.dat who can help me ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ner0
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:47 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by ner0 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Gnampf wrote:Did someone know, where I can find the game music, like the radio tracks und mission tracks (e.g. Blume Bunker on act 2) ? I gonne love that music and wanna hear it more than one time :D

Thx for answer
This is also something I was looking for but came short of finding.
I mean, I think the radio stations/music tracks are packed inside sound.dat like most/all of the generic sounds used by the game. But probably the problem is the conversion process from SBAO to OGG, which fails for a lot of those files. For example, 00114db4.sbao file is (Chicago - Wake Up Sunshine) one of the musics that are played in vehicles, but I came short of getting others.
Can anyone else chime in on this?

Anyway, great work everyone! 8D

P.S: As far as the missions soundtrack goes: http://bit.ly/1pYbws6

Oleg
beginner
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 pm
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Oleg » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:04 pm

I've changed few bytes in unpacked graphics/vehicles_nexus/land/muscle/muscle_03/ files and packed them back into patch.fat and patch.dat. Put them both into data_win64 folder and run the game. but I see no changes on respective models. Looks like modified file is ignored.

May be I've missed some point? I've packed with Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe with no extra options, just as:

Pack patch.fat graphics

Snake Plissken
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Snake Plissken » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 pm

ill pay alot of bitcoins if someone could make a working first person view on foot mod. havent been able to unpack commen.dat myself yet.

Rick
Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:10 pm
Location: California
Been thanked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Rick » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 am

Oleg wrote:I've changed few bytes in unpacked graphics/vehicles_nexus/land/muscle/muscle_03/ files and packed them back into patch.fat and patch.dat. Put them both into data_win64 folder and run the game. but I see no changes on respective models. Looks like modified file is ignored.

May be I've missed some point? I've packed with Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe with no extra options, just as:

Pack patch.fat graphics
You need to pack the containing directory. The root directory given to Pack is not included as part of the data path used in the archives.
http://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.

odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by odrin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 am

Snake Plissken wrote:ill pay alot of bitcoins if someone could make a working first person view on foot mod. havent been able to unpack commen.dat myself yet.
lol bitcoins. why not just tell people you'll pay them in metro tokens.

ner0
advanced
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:47 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by ner0 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:11 am

odrin wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:ill pay alot of bitcoins if someone could make a working first person view on foot mod. havent been able to unpack commen.dat myself yet.
lol bitcoins. why not just tell people you'll pay them in metro tokens.
I reckon Bottle Caps are way more comfortable to trade and suffer less fluctuation overall.

Gnampf
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Gnampf » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:48 pm

ner0 wrote:
Gnampf wrote:Did someone know, where I can find the game music, like the radio tracks und mission tracks (e.g. Blume Bunker on act 2) ? I gonne love that music and wanna hear it more than one time :D

Thx for answer
This is also something I was looking for but came short of finding.
I mean, I think the radio stations/music tracks are packed inside sound.dat like most/all of the generic sounds used by the game. But probably the problem is the conversion process from SBAO to OGG, which fails for a lot of those files. For example, 00114db4.sbao file is (Chicago - Wake Up Sunshine) one of the musics that are played in vehicles, but I came short of getting others.
Can anyone else chime in on this?

Anyway, great work everyone! 8D

P.S: As far as the missions soundtrack goes: http://bit.ly/1pYbws6
Yeah, i've got unpacked that archive an same problems with converting the sbao's. The soundtrack OST is the original Soundtrack CD, but there isn't that backgroundmusic of the bunker mission. Hope they can fix the sbao converter or something. In my oppinion, I think there some sbao files missing in that archive.

Post Reply