Help us keep the site up! Got some change to spare? Why not donate a few bits and buy us a coffee. Image

Saints of Virtue - PC (.WRS, ACKNEX)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Idioteche
ultra-n00b

Saints of Virtue - PC (.WRS, ACKNEX)

Post by Idioteche »

Hey guys, I recently started playing this creepy religious game called Saints of Virtue. I was interested in unpacking the levels, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. I tried gobread, since it is listed as having support for .WRS files. However, gobread fails to recognize the file type, even when I set it manually with the proper command. I assume this is because the .WRS support was written for more modern games (Bagger Simulator), and the game I'm trying to unpack is from 1999. I looked into the version numbers of ACKNEX, and going by the release date of the game is was probably developed using version 3 from 1997, although I could be wrong. I tried to find a distribution of ACKNEX-3, but the website hosting the file no longer allows it to be downloaded. (Throws a 404, here's the link - http://server.conitec.net/down/a3.zip)

Here are the files I'm trying to unpack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uw70as2hezek ... Virtue.zip

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. :D
swuforce
veteran

Re: Saints of Virtue - PC (.WRS, ACKNEX)

Post by swuforce »

This Quickbms script can unpack

Code: Select all

comtype lzss
endian big
get asize asize
do
getdstring name 13
get zsize long
get size long
savepos offset
clog name offset zsize size
math offset += zsize
goto offset
while offset < asize
Idioteche
ultra-n00b

Re: Saints of Virtue - PC (.WRS, ACKNEX)

Post by Idioteche »

Awesome dude, it works! Lots of thanks!

I also have another question; how would I go about recreating a .wrs file with newly modified files? I tried repacking it with the new ones as a smaller size, but the game just crashes.