Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix .mself

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Sora6645
ultra-n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix .mself

Post by Sora6645 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:59 am

is there any way to get the text from 1.5 HD? I am working on the english patch and i wanted to know if the text is easy enough to get.

PuNkY
ultra-n00b

Post by PuNkY » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:09 am

Hi ! I REALLY sorry to wake this thread from the deads.
This board is one of the only source of information about KH 1.5 .mself and .scd files over the internet, and maybe you are the only one who can help me.

What I am trying to do is to import french, german and spanish (F/G/S) voices(dubbing) that was available on the original PS2 game into the 1.5 HD Remix on Playstation 3.

Before you ask :
-It IS because some people here in europe are very nostlagic of these voices. (Disney's characters are all dubbed with their F/G/S official voices).
-Not having all the final mix cutscenes dubbed in F/G/S is not a problem for me.
-I know it is not in HD audio quality but I don't mind.

What I have done :

-Extracted all voices vset/vbs files from Europeeans KH1 PS2 isos.
-Unpacked all .vbs files from this sames sources to VAG + WAV files with the same names
-Unpacked kingdom.mself
-Unpacked all of the _vbs.hqa files to access the .scd files (that can be renamed to mp3 and played).
-Replaced all PS3 vset files in extracted .mself folder with PS2's vset files (file names and size matching perfectly)

What I know :

PS2 .vbs files names are matching with PS3 _vbs/.ps3.scd files names. Is ok.
Tool to extract ;vbs to mutliple .wav exist but not one to convert .vbs to one file MP3 (so I can replace .ps3.scd voice files with PS2 .vbs voice files converted to mp3)

What is blocking me :
-I don't know how to repack the .mself to replace original kingdom.mself by my modded kingdom.mself.
-I don't know how to repack my .scd files into .hqa

My Questions

How to repack .scd to vsb_hqa AND how to repack .mself files ?
-What is vset.hqa files ? What's the difference with .vset ? Are they important ?

I am a litteral noob don't judge me, I am just trying to please a bunch of EU players (and me too btw, I love the french dubbing of this game)
Thank you for your answers and have a nice day.

To be clear : I own US and Eu versions of the PS3 Games AND the PAL versions of KH 1 for PS2. The final goal is to make a patch, not to release an undubbed iso.
Last edited by PuNkY on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ikskoks

Post by ikskoks » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:11 am

Can you upload samples of the files you want to repack?
What programs do you use to unpack .scd and .mself?

PuNkY
ultra-n00b

Post by PuNkY » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:34 am

ikskoks wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:11 am
Can you upload samples of the files you want to repack?
What programs do you use to unpack .scd and .mself?
I have used KH1.5_mself extractor (found here : https://www.patreon.com/posts/kingdom-hearts-1-27294064 )to extract both mself and hqa.

Here is sample zip with 1 PS2 .vsb file and PS3 .scd and hqa for the same voiceclips : https://we.tl/t-ewFz2Rox55

Edit : I read that PS3 Game Extractor (https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps3 ... actor.824/) can pack/unpack .mself but I can't make it work the soft always say he can't find filelist.xml wherever I try to unpack or repack kingdom.mself