Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
User avatar
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.000.tiger)

Post by howfie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 pm

bigfiles are archives that don't appear to contain filenames. we're not sure how they're generated from the bigfile so ekey snags the filenames from the EXE by trapping the contents of eax register from the function that generates filenames. it's really only important if you need names (i don't).

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 846 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.000.tiger)

Post by Ekey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:16 pm

shadowmoy wrote:
Ekey wrote:Filelist updated (patch 1.0.722.3) Added 233 names.
may be a dumb question but what is this filelist for and how do i use it ?
Download this. Unpack. Copy updated filelists in bin_tr9\projects\Tomb Raider 9\files\

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 846 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.000.tiger)

Post by Ekey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Found game menus (not all) and converted to SWFs
Any decompilers work fine... Example 1 , Example 2 :P

User avatar
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by howfie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:22 pm

you're a pretty silly guy c00l. i just went through all 9,985 mesh files and you know, other than the blend weights (uint08/255.0f) and blend indices (uint08), and the fact that there are two different types of UV formats (type 13 = sint16/2048 which you got and type 1 = real32 which you didn't); you were pretty friggin almost done with your noesis plugin lol. :P do you want to finish it? i can wait for the models lol.

each vertex buffer is prefaced with a vertex information structure (whose offset is specified in the part list).

-- 0x30-byte vertex
45 3F E1 98 E8 C9 CB 30
06 00 30 00 00 00 00 00
14 E4 F5 36 0C 00 05 00
49 61 7F 3E 10 00 03 00
01 6F A8 64 28 00 05 00
2A 90 17 83 20 00 01 00 -- texture coordinates (2A 90 17 83) vertex offset (20 00) format (01 00 = real32)
23 D8 F7 D2 00 00 02 00
C3 11 ED F1 2C 00 05 00

-- 0x34-byte vertex
AB 18 5F 71 BB 5E E1 31
08 00 34 00 00 00 00 00 - 8 entries - 34 bytes per vertex
14 E4 F5 36 14 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector
49 61 7F 3E 18 00 03 00
C0 91 E6 48 0C 00 06 00 - blend weights
D3 D8 56 51 10 00 07 00 - blend indices
01 6F A8 64 2C 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector
2A 90 17 83 28 00 13 00 -- texture coordinates (2A 90 17 83) vertex offset (28 00) format (13 00 = sint16/2048.0f)
23 D8 F7 D2 00 00 02 00 - 0x00 position
C3 11 ED F1 30 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector

Gh0stBlade
Moderator
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by Gh0stBlade » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm

howfie wrote:you're a pretty silly guy c00l. i just went through all 9,985 mesh files and you know, other than the blend weights (uint08/255.0f) and blend indices (uint08), and the fact that there are two different types of UV formats (type 13 = sint16/2048 which you got and type 1 = real32 which you didn't); you were pretty friggin almost done with your noesis plugin lol. :P do you want to finish it? i can wait for the models lol.

each vertex buffer is prefaced with a vertex information structure (whose offset is specified in the part list).

-- 0x30-byte vertex
45 3F E1 98 E8 C9 CB 30
06 00 30 00 00 00 00 00
14 E4 F5 36 0C 00 05 00
49 61 7F 3E 10 00 03 00
01 6F A8 64 28 00 05 00
2A 90 17 83 20 00 01 00 -- texture coordinates (2A 90 17 83) vertex offset (20 00) format (01 00 = real32)
23 D8 F7 D2 00 00 02 00
C3 11 ED F1 2C 00 05 00

-- 0x34-byte vertex
AB 18 5F 71 BB 5E E1 31
08 00 34 00 00 00 00 00 - 8 entries - 34 bytes per vertex
14 E4 F5 36 14 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector
49 61 7F 3E 18 00 03 00
C0 91 E6 48 0C 00 06 00 - blend weights
D3 D8 56 51 10 00 07 00 - blend indices
01 6F A8 64 2C 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector
2A 90 17 83 28 00 13 00 -- texture coordinates (2A 90 17 83) vertex offset (28 00) format (13 00 = sint16/2048.0f)
23 D8 F7 D2 00 00 02 00 - 0x00 position
C3 11 ED F1 30 00 05 00 - 4-byte vector
Sorry, I'm just too dumb to do it. I bet you could do even better! I just can't do it unfortunately ;(
Click the thanks button if I helped!

User avatar
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by howfie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Too dumb???!!! I got stuck and HAD TO LOOK AT YOUR CODE LOL!!! :D I don't know what that make me then :keke: . OK, I'll finish it up for ya, if shadowmoy or someone else who knows Rich's Noesis Python API doesn't take your noesis script and add like the 10 lines of code needed to finish it :P.

ninja edit: codeman! i see you on here... you want to finish this up for c00l?

Gh0stBlade
Moderator
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by Gh0stBlade » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm

howfie wrote:Too dumb???!!! I got stuck and HAD TO LOOK AT YOUR CODE LOL!!! :D I don't know what that make me then :keke: . OK, I'll finish it up for ya, if shadowmoy or someone else who knows Rich's Noesis Python API doesn't take your noesis script and add like the 10 lines of code needed to finish it :P.
Main issue is the struct.pack line or the code before it. Not sure why it seems to be erroring for some models. So yeah, I gave up on that one unfortunately if the problem is fixed I will continue it but i just can't seem to figure that one out so I gave up. If Codeman wants to help it'd be cool but I'm sure he has a lot of other stuff to do which is way more interesting :D
Click the thanks button if I helped!

turkgamer
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by turkgamer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

When Ekey finish updating file list, can i extract language files of Tomb Raider 9?

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 846 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by Ekey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:01 pm

turkgamer wrote:When Ekey finish updating file list, can i extract language files of Tomb Raider 9?
Well in progress. 20579/22828 (90%) . But you can found localization files in next files:

bigfile.000.tiger - Subtitles for movies (Folder default\local\localization\movies\)
bigfile_XXXXXX.000.tiger - Subtitles for movies and Main Text (XXXXXX language name - ENGLISH, RUSSIAN and ect.) (Folders default\local\localization\movies\ , pc-w\local\locals.bin - Main Texts)

turkgamer
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by turkgamer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Ekey wrote:
turkgamer wrote:When Ekey finish updating file list, can i extract language files of Tomb Raider 9?
Well in progress. 20579/22828 (90%) . But you can found localization files in next files:

bigfile.000.tiger - Subtitles for movies (Folder default\local\localization\movies\)
bigfile_XXXXXX.000.tiger - Subtitles for movies and Main Text (XXXXXX language name - ENGLISH, RUSSIAN and ect.) (Folders default\local\localization\movies\ , pc-w\local\locals.bin - Main Texts)
So, can i extract "bigfile.000.tiger,bigfile_XXXXXX.000.tiger" for now ? How can i extract? We are translation group from Turkey, how can we translate this game? Please help us :)

shadowmoy
veteran
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by shadowmoy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 pm

C00L12345 wrote:
howfie wrote:Too dumb???!!! I got stuck and HAD TO LOOK AT YOUR CODE LOL!!! :D I don't know what that make me then :keke: . OK, I'll finish it up for ya, if shadowmoy or someone else who knows Rich's Noesis Python API doesn't take your noesis script and add like the 10 lines of code needed to finish it :P.
Main issue is the struct.pack line or the code before it. Not sure why it seems to be erroring for some models. So yeah, I gave up on that one unfortunately if the problem is fixed I will continue it but i just can't seem to figure that one out so I gave up. If Codeman wants to help it'd be cool but I'm sure he has a lot of other stuff to do which is way more interesting :D
hum if i got time i will take a look but i didn't promise anything :wink:
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_

Sammie
veteran
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by Sammie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm

@C00l: its not a good idea to re-index the faces-numIndex on self-contained models - you will run into negative numbers as soon as the last vertices are building faces with the first vertices.
First of all you have to bind the whole vertices for the mesh and then you can set the triangles-data. Anyway good work to figure out all this stuff. :up:

I updated my plugin-version with your UV-stuff. [Download]

And of course we need a method to auto-detect the correct textures per material.

Edit: Bones added for non-0x06 meshes
Last edited by Sammie on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turkgamer
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by turkgamer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Here is the latest TR9 unpacker (With latest file lists)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

turkgamer
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by turkgamer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm

So how can i edit "locals.bin" ? Is there any editor or converter? ("Locals.bin" in the attachemend)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by howfie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

not bad sammie, not bad :)
remember, there is an alternative UV type (not all models use scaled signed shorts)
also, don't forget blend weights and blend indices. i described you how to get them in a previous post.

Post Reply